Skip to content

Browns on Hard Knocks

The Browns Board
155 34 5.5k
  • A chance to show the world the perception outside of Berea is wrong, I think they're going to jump at the chance.

    @londonbrown said:

    A chance to show the world the perception outside of Berea is wrong, I think they're going to jump at the chance.

    Unless a team volunteers, the NFL will decide who will be on the show, and let's face it, the Browns and everything that encompasses them, are way too intriguing for the NFL to pass up.

  • This is awesome for me as a fan

    Not great for the Browns development

  • @londonbrown said:

    A chance to show the world the perception outside of Berea is wrong, I think they're going to jump at the chance.

    Unless a team volunteers, the NFL will decide who will be on the show, and let's face it, the Browns and everything that encompasses them, are way too intriguing for the NFL to pass up.

    @d-bone said:

    Unless a team volunteers, the NFL will decide who will be on the show, and let's face it, the Browns and everything that encompasses them, are way too intriguing for the NFL to pass up.

    Who would have thought this comment would ever make sense at some point, lol

  • No opinion. I have never seen the show.

    @the-gipper said:

    No opinion. I have never seen the show.

    Ditto. Got a feeling the Browns are going to get drafted.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'm actually agreeing with the Vag on this. HBO has some really great programming.

    Not worth the extra $$ IMHO. To each their own. Crap, my Directv bill is already on the high side of $100, (way more than that when I pay the six month extortion fee for Sunday Ticket) and the only "premium" I normally have is the $12 Fox Sports package. If I occasionally want to watch a movie, PPV is a cheaper option in my case.

  • @vagitron said:

    This makes almost no sense. HBO has some of the best shows on TV, barring none.

    I'm actually agreeing with the Vag on this. HBO has some really great programming.

    Personally I'd like to see us hold off at least one more year. Very pivotal year for this organization and what it is trying to instill culturally. Shining a bright light on that will do absolutely no good.

    Hopefully someone steps up and volunteers...

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'm actually agreeing with the Vag on this. HBO has some really great programming.

    Their original programming had better stay great since the movies they've been landing lately suck royally...

  • last year I was deadest against it but honestly, who gives a fuck now? It can't possibly make things worse can it? If anything it'll help but most likely just make everyone say yeah that's about what we thought.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No opinion. I have never seen the show.

    Why did you post in this thread then?

    @larryfine said:

    Why did you post in this thread then?

    Because I generally always express my thoughts....positive, negative or neutral. Every once in a while I do have neutral feelings about this. I believe you should always be aware of my feelings young padawan.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No opinion. I have never seen the show.

    Ditto. Got a feeling the Browns are going to get drafted.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'm actually agreeing with the Vag on this. HBO has some really great programming.

    Not worth the extra $$ IMHO. To each their own. Crap, my Directv bill is already on the high side of $100, (way more than that when I pay the six month extortion fee for Sunday Ticket) and the only "premium" I normally have is the $12 Fox Sports package. If I occasionally want to watch a movie, PPV is a cheaper option in my case.

    @hoorta said:

    Not worth the extra $$ IMHO. To each their own. Crap, my Directv bill is already on the high side of $100, (way more than that when I pay the six month extortion fee for Sunday Ticket) and the only "premium" I normally have is the $12 Fox Sports package. If I occasionally want to watch a movie, PPV is a cheaper option in my case.

    I have read on another site that if you call directv and threaten to cancel service, they will offer Sunday ticket for free. Subscribers do this every year. I use the library for free dvd movies.

  • @larryfine said:

    Why did you post in this thread then?

    Because I generally always express my thoughts....positive, negative or neutral. Every once in a while I do have neutral feelings about this. I believe you should always be aware of my feelings young padawan.

    @the-gipper said:

    Because I generally always express my thoughts....positive, negative or neutral. Every once in a while I do have neutral feelings about this. I believe you should always be aware of my feelings young padawan.

    LOL, Yeah, I figured you thought that everyone on this board was brain dead and opioions weren't as important as yours. Thanks for verifying this court jester!

    PS: Suck my hairy smelly balls.

  • It sounds degrading. Roger Goodell, who makes far too much money, is the worst bucket of manure to ever represent the NFL. Imagine, forcing teams to admit they are "losers" in front of the whole world. FORCING teams to play In London, Thursday Night Football, and a TV show that can only be another distraction.

    I sure would like to know what Roger "told" Jameis Winston on his visit to New York last week. Someone should force Roger to do Dancing With The Stars and see how he like to be humiliated.

  • Roger forces?

  • all you need to add to a team that is trying to find it's identity, bottle up some immaturity, and bring a foundation of trust and family is a script and a bunch of cameras.

    if this isn't the worse thing that could happen to this team at this point, i don't know what could top it? maybe having a tennessean as an owner? (oops, already got that).

  • Yes, Hard Knocks is a great show for any fan base. I just see the timing for this is at the wrong time. Your Offense has a whole new coaching staff with distractions. A POSSIBLE 2nd year QB coming out of Rehab. No Thanks.. I would Prefer to go to London and 9am Pubs. Ice Cold Beer Here!!

  • I think it's a great show for a team's fan base... maybe the fans in a given division, but last year's ATL-fest was kinda boring... excepting maybe the former Housewives of ATL "star".

    It's become very much of a recipe show... here's some ingredients

    - one longshot rookie with a great story;

    - one injury comeback veteran;

    - one vet trying to land a slot one more year;

    - one bonus baby, high draft pick (even better if holding out);

    - one salty former Head Coach;

    - one salty, former player position coach;

    ... shake well and poor into a half dozen Thursday nights.

  • What the hell else do we have to lose? Might as well get some entertainment from the season. Anyway, I created a poll just for this topic. I figured people would want to get a sense of percentage of people for/against Hard Knocks.

    http://pollsmash.com/display-poll/?guid=6C64688B-A8C2-E65D-1E38-707F19900EA0

  • 1st post includes a link...

    Sorry, Charlie, I think I'll pass on that click.

  • It sounds degrading. Roger Goodell, who makes far too much money, is the worst bucket of manure to ever represent the NFL. Imagine, forcing teams to admit they are "losers" in front of the whole world. FORCING teams to play In London, Thursday Night Football, and a TV show that can only be another distraction.

    I sure would like to know what Roger "told" Jameis Winston on his visit to New York last week. Someone should force Roger to do Dancing With The Stars and see how he like to be humiliated.

    @opal312 said:

    It sounds degrading. Roger Goodell, who makes far too much money, is the worst bucket of manure to ever represent the NFL. Imagine, forcing teams to admit they are "losers" in front of the whole world. FORCING teams to play In London, Thursday Night Football, and a TV show that can only be another distraction.

    I sure would like to know what Roger "told" Jameis Winston on his visit to New York last week. Someone should force Roger to do Dancing With The Stars and see how he like to be humiliated.

    The irrational Goodell hate cracks me up.

  • @opal312 said:

    It sounds degrading. Roger Goodell, who makes far too much money, is the worst bucket of manure to ever represent the NFL. Imagine, forcing teams to admit they are "losers" in front of the whole world. FORCING teams to play In London, Thursday Night Football, and a TV show that can only be another distraction.

    I sure would like to know what Roger "told" Jameis Winston on his visit to New York last week. Someone should force Roger to do Dancing With The Stars and see how he like to be humiliated.

    The irrational Goodell hate cracks me up.

    @wargograw said:

    The irrational Goodell hate cracks me up.

    No kidding........... Poor, mistreated NFL teams. My heart bleeds.

  • My apologies, Tour2Ma. Seemed relevant. I will take it down if it bothers you. Given that it was the only topic discussed on all of the talk shows in Cleveland today, at least when I had the radio on, I thought some simple data would be useful.

  • @hoorta said:

    Not worth the extra $$ IMHO. To each their own. Crap, my Directv bill is already on the high side of $100, (way more than that when I pay the six month extortion fee for Sunday Ticket) and the only "premium" I normally have is the $12 Fox Sports package. If I occasionally want to watch a movie, PPV is a cheaper option in my case.

    I have read on another site that if you call directv and threaten to cancel service, they will offer Sunday ticket for free. Subscribers do this every year. I use the library for free dvd movies.

    @paul-warfield said:

    I have read on another site that if you call directv and threaten to cancel service, they will offer Sunday ticket for free. Subscribers do this every year. I use the library for free dvd movies.

    Well aware of that. Yeah- you can probably pull that stunt- once- after your commitment is up. They do keep track. I did manage to get $60 off this past year, for being a "longtime loyal customer." er sucker.

    It will depend on who you get on the other side of the line, how persuasive (or persistent) you are, and a couple other factors. I've heard, if you don't get the freebie, hang up, call back and try again with another representative.

    Face it- Direct CAN'T totally give Sunday Ticket away- they're in hock to the NFL to the tune of $4 BILLION dollars for exclusivity rights- so that money has to come from somewhere.

    Library DVDs? You mean the ones some renters use for beer coasters or Frisbees with their dogs? You get what you pay for in that regard. I've seen plenty so ruined, they wouldn't even play on my Blu-Ray.