Mike Pettine speaks...
-
He said a lot of interesting things today...
1) D-line - Plans to move Phil Taylor to NT, said we can pencil in Taylor & Kitchen there. Said Starks can play all 3 spots, but is mostly a 3-tech DE. Said Hughes will be a 3- and 5-tech DE. He likes Shelton but said he'll probably be long gone by the time we pick
2) OLBs - As I said, he mentioned he could use A.Bryant as an OLB at times, and seems really high on Scott Solomon. Said he still wants to add a pass-rusher and the draft is deep at that position.
3) O-line - Said we could move Bitonio to RT (down the line) and he could even play C, and is interested in a developmental C since Mack's contract is up after this season
4) QB - said JF is doing well in rehab and expects him at OTAs. Also, said no private workout for Mariota b/c O'Connell is so familiar with him. Said trading up for QB is one of the few reasons to trade up... We held private workouts with a few QBs but he wouldn't release which ones
5) CB - likes what he hears about Gilbert's offseason and still sees him as a starter even with T.Williams on board. Said he could see K.Williams or Gilbert inside if T.Williams starts outside.
6) K - said it's possible we draft a Kicker
7) Said the team turned down Hard Knocks, said Manziel getting out of rehab is a factor in that decision
Don't think they can technically turn down Hard Knocks this year, though. Pretty sure that they can be forced to do it.
Don't think they can technically turn down Hard Knocks this year, though. Pretty sure that they can be forced to do it.
It will be a hard sell to Haslam & Pettine- if they tell Goodell they don't want the cameras on Johnny Rehab just yet.
I'd bet they can turn them down. There are 31 other teams.....and only 9* have been on that show before. That means they have 22 other teams that have not done it. They can find one. Let the Steelers do it...or the Eagles or Redskins.....more intriguing story lines there.
*Ravens, Cowboys, Chiefs, Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals again, Falcons.
(so actually 23 other teams besides Browns and the above have not done it.)
Yeah- teams that make the playoffs should be eligible. Heck, the NFL could tell HBO- "not this year" They won't I'm sure HBO pays them a healthy chunk of change.
The Browns will be on HBO.... Embrace it. I for one can't wait to get a look behind the curtain.
You enjoy Real Housewives of Atlanta or Survivor too? If there's not a story- Create one.
-
I sincerely doubt that the NFL controlled film will paint any team in a bad light. I think we are being pussies. why leave the perception of the team up to assholes like Jason LaCanfora?
WSS
-
so let's say the browns are forced to do it. manziel comes back to camp and it's the main plot line of the show. if manziel fizzles out under the pressure and even worse goes back to doing stupid stuff, would there be a basis for a lawsuit thrown at the browns, the nfl and HBO by a manziel camp stacked with high price lawyers, arguing some mental duress?
i know the players are the 'property' of the team they play for but when did individual rights go out the window? doesn't each player have to sign off on this? anywhere else in america to be filmed the co. needs a waiver from each individual. what if manziel says no, don't film me?
my concern isn't so much with the other players, it's with manziel. and for all those that want to give this guy another chance (hell, i'm on the bottom of that list) don't you think throwing hollywood back in front of this kid as soon as he steps out of rehab, a recipe for disaster?
-
NFL is entertainment. They make money off the show. Manziel seems to be the main attraction of the media. They want him to fuck up. I could see them making the Browns do it. Manziel is a commodity. If he falls off the wagon the media will eat it up. The NFL won't give a shit.
-
As a Browns fan I want what is best for the team. Pettine has already said he does not want the distraction of doing this show with JM just coming out of rehab. Will HBO honor that or force the Browns to do the show if no other team volunteers? We'll see. I just don't see HBO having the best interest of the Browns here.
-
As a Browns fan I want what is best for the team. Pettine has already said he does not want the distraction of doing this show with JM just coming out of rehab. Will HBO honor that or force the Browns to do the show if no other team volunteers? We'll see. I just don't see HBO having the best interest of the Browns here.
As a Browns fan I want what is best for the team. Pettine has already said he does not want the distraction of doing this show with JM just coming out of rehab. Will HBO honor that or force the Browns to do the show if no other team volunteers? We'll see. I just don't see HBO having the best interest of the Browns here.
Again it isn't an HBO decision it's a National Football League decision, and they would most likely have the best interest of the league in mind.
WSS
-
It's an interesting show. I saw some clips on youtube with Pettine when he was with the Jets. If Pettine wanted to do the show this year I would be for it but since he is not I hope they get someone else for this year anyway.
-
He said a lot of interesting things today...
1) D-line - Plans to move Phil Taylor to NT, said we can pencil in Taylor & Kitchen there. Said Starks can play all 3 spots, but is mostly a 3-tech DE. Said Hughes will be a 3- and 5-tech DE. He likes Shelton but said he'll probably be long gone by the time we pick
2) OLBs - As I said, he mentioned he could use A.Bryant as an OLB at times, and seems really high on Scott Solomon. Said he still wants to add a pass-rusher and the draft is deep at that position.
With regard to the front 7, it looks like instead of re-stacking the deck, Pettine plans to shuffle the cards...
Starks Taylor D.Bryant
Winn Kitchen Hughes
Mingo Dansby Robertson Kruger
Solomon Carder Kirksey A.Bryant
Still looks like Kitchen and Solomon are the weak spots that could use upgraded, but I like moving Phil back to the NT. Horton used him there and Rubin as a DE, but when Pettine came in he switched them... I never understood that... Hopefully Phil can stay healthy and play well, especially on a contract year for him...
With regard to the front 7, it looks like instead of re-stacking the deck, Pettine plans to shuffle the cards...
Starks Taylor D.Bryant
Winn Kitchen Hughes
Mingo Dansby Robertson Kruger
Solomon Carder Kirksey A.Bryant
Still looks like Kitchen and Solomon are the weak spots that could use upgraded, but I like moving Phil back to the NT. Horton used him there and Rubin as a DE, but when Pettine came in he switched them... I never understood that... Hopefully Phil can stay healthy and play well, especially on a contract year for him...
Reasonable......but I suspect that a high round drafted rookie will be slipped into the mix there somewhere.
-
Don't think they can technically turn down Hard Knocks this year, though. Pretty sure that they can be forced to do it.
It will be a hard sell to Haslam & Pettine- if they tell Goodell they don't want the cameras on Johnny Rehab just yet.
I'd bet they can turn them down. There are 31 other teams.....and only 9* have been on that show before. That means they have 22 other teams that have not done it. They can find one. Let the Steelers do it...or the Eagles or Redskins.....more intriguing story lines there.
*Ravens, Cowboys, Chiefs, Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals again, Falcons.
(so actually 23 other teams besides Browns and the above have not done it.)
Yeah- teams that make the playoffs should be eligible. Heck, the NFL could tell HBO- "not this year" They won't I'm sure HBO pays them a healthy chunk of change.
The Browns will be on HBO.... Embrace it. I for one can't wait to get a look behind the curtain.
You enjoy Real Housewives of Atlanta or Survivor too? If there's not a story- Create one.
-
and all along i thought you'd be a Mob Wives fan........
-
Would like to see an ILB that can plug holes in the run D.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
