Skip to content

Betting Odds To Win AFC North

The Browns Board
78 21 2.8k
  • @miktoxic said:

    got a six pack says the browns finish better in the division.........

    Mik you handing out free six packs? 😉

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @vagitron said:

    Mik you handing out free six packs? 😉

    HA!! not if i can help it.

    aren't you on the annual list? 😎

  • @the-gipper said:

    My whole analysis was about NOW....when I talked about comparing each of the 22 positions, and the various units. At least it was about last year. This coming season will have to be reviewed when all the personell are known.

    Your analysis was about now, I know. And it was written by a Browns fan who thinks his 7-9 team is more talented than an 11-5 team. So I have to take that into consideration when evaluating it. Pretty much everyone here thinks Alex Mack is better than Pouncey. I would expect nothing less. He's a good player and important to your offense as evidenced by their decline after his injury. My observation tells me Pouncey is better and no matter how I argue it you won't agree. So I'll let you have your opinion and I'll have mine. We both think highly of our centers. They're both good. Saying one is clearly better than the other is foolish and beyond our understanding because we don't know what their responsibilities are from play to play to know how to grade them. What we do know is their absences greatly affected the performance of the offenses they play on. Ours in 2013 and yours in 2014. I look forward to your 2015 evaluation and maybe I'll be around to critique it.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #31

    unbiased said:

    Your analysis was about now, I know. And it was written by a Browns fan who thinks his 7-9 team is more talented than an 11-5 team. So I have to take that into consideration when evaluating it. Pretty much everyone here thinks Alex Mack is better than Pouncey. I would expect nothing less. He's a good player and important to your offense as evidenced by their decline after his injury. My observation tells me Pouncey is better and no matter how I argue it you won't agree. So I'll let you have your opinion and I'll have mine. We both think highly of our centers. They're both good. Saying one is clearly better than the other is foolish and beyond our understanding because we don't know what their responsibilities are from play to play to know how to grade them. What we do know is their absences greatly affected the performance of the offenses they play on. Ours in 2013 and yours in 2014. I look forward to your 2015 evaluation and maybe I'll be around to critique it.

    *claps*

    The board needs a less aggressive But also level headed Steeler fan. I also need help when the mob arrives with the pitchforks. There is absolutely nothing to suggest the Browns are going to be better than the Steelers this season. Our offense finished second in the league last year and will only improve with the continued maturation of Bryant. The defense has been retooling the last few drafts. Bottom line and no matter what no one here that posts regularly is going to concede the Browns finish behind the Steelers. The posters that do feel that way usually get flames off the topic. I'm all about being a diehard but I'm also a realist. The Browns are building but they aren't better.

  • @vagitron said:

    Mik you handing out free six packs? 😉

    HA!! not if i can help it.

    aren't you on the annual list? 😎

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #32

    @miktoxic said:

    HA!! not if i can help it.

    aren't you on the annual list? 😎

    Ha I've won free six packs a couple times now from a couole people but have never collected. I'm good to jump in on the bet. One of my best friends runs a business out of the west end market, maybe I'll collect on my free six and let you sample one and throw in a visit to my college buddy.
  • @miktoxic said:

    HA!! not if i can help it.

    aren't you on the annual list? 😎

    Ha I've won free six packs a couple times now from a couole people but have never collected. I'm good to jump in on the bet. One of my best friends runs a business out of the west end market, maybe I'll collect on my free six and let you sample one and throw in a visit to my college buddy.
    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @vagitron said:

    Ha I've won free six packs a couple times now from a couole people but have never collected. I'm good to jump in on the bet. One of my best friends runs a business out of the west end market, maybe I'll collect on my free six and let you sample one and throw in a visit to my college buddy.

    why not? i'll bring my 2 best friends along (one a steeler fan and one a giant fan) and we'll make a day of it....

    that is, if you can handle a pub crawl...........hee hee!!

  • @vagitron said:

    Ha I've won free six packs a couple times now from a couole people but have never collected. I'm good to jump in on the bet. One of my best friends runs a business out of the west end market, maybe I'll collect on my free six and let you sample one and throw in a visit to my college buddy.

    why not? i'll bring my 2 best friends along (one a steeler fan and one a giant fan) and we'll make a day of it....

    that is, if you can handle a pub crawl...........hee hee!!

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @miktoxic said:

    why not? i'll bring my 2 best friends along (one a steeler fan and one a giant fan) and we'll make a day of it....

    that is, if you can handle a pub crawl...........hee hee!!

    Pffft. Pub crawl? Don't you mean pub DOMINATE? Lol

  • @mudfly said:

    yeah....all this agruing over ancient history is foolish....it's in the books now, let it go....

    The only thing i care about is "now".....and to me, that is this season we just finished(cause thats all that is relevent now)......and this year NEITHER team won anything......

    But in head to head.....which is the only true fair argument between 2 teams...we beat their ass pretty good....

    Yeah...the Stools did good(against us) for the first 2 quarters....then they got their asses kicked up and down the field for the next 6 qtrs....

    Wanna say you're better?.....then beat us next time we play.....but until you beat us again, we are the better team...End of discussion.

    (ok...if you're truly a Steelers fan, now would be the ideal time for you to revert to telling me about the past)

    My whole analysis was about NOW....when I talked about comparing each of the 22 positions, and the various units. At least it was about last year. This coming season will have to be reviewed when all the personell are known.

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @the-gipper said:

    My whole analysis was about NOW....when I talked about comparing each of the 22 positions, and the various units. At least it was about last year. This coming season will have to be reviewed when all the personell are known.

    you are a fucking moron.

  • unbiased said:

    The members of this board are all glad the Browns beat the Steelers last year. I'm coming around to that understanding. It was a significant win.

    well you DO understand this is a BROWN's board correct?

    it's not an 'unbiased' general football forum. we love the browns, plain and simple. no apologies for loving a team and being a fan. you like the steelers and great. that's why they make steeler's forums..............

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @miktoxic said:

    well you DO understand this is a BROWN's board correct?

    it's not an 'unbiased' general football forum. we love the browns, plain and simple. no apologies for loving a team and being a fan. you like the steelers and great. that's why they make steeler's forums..............

    I frequent Steeler Nation. It's cool, but it's nice to read the thoughts of other fans also. That's why I've lurked here for some time. Like I said, when I feel unwelcomed I'll leave. It is fun to debate certain things like player talent and who's better. I'm not going to convert anyone, just share my thoughts. If that's ok with you of course.

  • @miktoxic said:

    well you DO understand this is a BROWN's board correct?

    it's not an 'unbiased' general football forum. we love the browns, plain and simple. no apologies for loving a team and being a fan. you like the steelers and great. that's why they make steeler's forums..............

    I frequent Steeler Nation. It's cool, but it's nice to read the thoughts of other fans also. That's why I've lurked here for some time. Like I said, when I feel unwelcomed I'll leave. It is fun to debate certain things like player talent and who's better. I'm not going to convert anyone, just share my thoughts. If that's ok with you of course.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #37

    unbiased said:

    I frequent Steeler Nation. It's cool, but it's nice to read the thoughts of other fans also. That's why I've lurked here for some time. Like I said, when I feel unwelcomed I'll leave. It is fun to debate certain things like player talent and who's better. I'm not going to convert anyone, just share my thoughts. If that's ok with you of course.

    hey, i'm not running you off. just know that you'll get some 'unbiased' talk from some of us, but abused by most, so...........

  • unbiased said:

    I frequent Steeler Nation. It's cool, but it's nice to read the thoughts of other fans also. That's why I've lurked here for some time. Like I said, when I feel unwelcomed I'll leave. It is fun to debate certain things like player talent and who's better. I'm not going to convert anyone, just share my thoughts. If that's ok with you of course.

    hey, i'm not running you off. just know that you'll get some 'unbiased' talk from some of us, but abused by most, so...........

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @miktoxic said:

    hey, i'm not running you off. just know that you'll get some 'unbiased' talk from some of us, but abused by most, so...........

    Yeah, I know. Like I said I've been around for a long time, just never chimed in. Don't know why I finally decided to either. It just happened. I have no interest in name calling. I get the sarcasm from people, that's cool. We're all just football fans, I have no need to get into personal attacks, nor do I wish to receive any.

  • @mudfly said:

    my math says we have 1 in 4 odds of winning the division.....

    now that's what I'M talking about!!

    superbowl is right around the corner!

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @miktoxic said:

    now that's what I'M talking about!!

    superbowl is right around the corner!

    We have a 1 in 32 chance at winning the SB

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Unbiased, I for one don't mind the Steelers. I know I should as a Browns fan but my best friend just finished up his career at Pitt and I've been up there twice. Last time I got to see your boys beat the piss out of the Colts. It was fun.

  • Unbiased, I for one don't mind the Steelers. I know I should as a Browns fan but my best friend just finished up his career at Pitt and I've been up there twice. Last time I got to see your boys beat the piss out of the Colts. It was fun.

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @wargograw said:

    Unbiased, I for one don't mind the Steelers. I know I should as a Browns fan but my best friend just finished up his career at Pitt and I've been up there twice. Last time I got to see your boys beat the piss out of the Colts. It was fun.

    Yeah, there wasn't much defense being played in that game on either side which can make for an exciting game if you like scoring. Big game for Ben. It was one of those snowball games where everything just kinda broke right offensively. They gave up 30+ to them so it was just as frustrating when my team was on defense. The Colts are a good team man and that qb is fun to watch. You guys had them too, almost pulled it out.

  • Unbiased, I for one don't mind the Steelers. I know I should as a Browns fan but my best friend just finished up his career at Pitt and I've been up there twice. Last time I got to see your boys beat the piss out of the Colts. It was fun.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @wargograw said:

    Unbiased, I for one don't mind the Steelers. I know I should as a Browns fan but my best friend just finished up his career at Pitt and I've been up there twice. Last time I got to see your boys beat the piss out of the Colts. It was fun.

    From an organizational standpoint, I don't mind the Steelers. Go back and take a head count of all the ownerships that opposed the Browns being taken out of Cleveland by he-who-shall not be named. You'll find the Rooneys on that very short list. This was, for quite the longest time, one of - if not the best rivalry in the NFL. We knew that, they did as well and both our fanbases suffered when the Browns were gone. I believe the Rooney's even set up area's for Browns fans to visit Pittsburgh and attend games, if I"m correct?

    Our two teams are companion pieces in time. While I do envy their success, I will always question the massive steroid rumors hanging over the heads of that team from the 70's and early 80's.

    I do however despise their fans... Can't stand them. I look forward to the day Ben has that sharp decline in production and they return to the pit of mediocrity from whence they came.

    Even better if a contender arose from Cleveland simultaneously.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #43

    not all fans are created equal.

    i really despise bandwagon fans from any team. half the people i know in NY are either steeler fans or cowboy fans. you talk to them, figure out their age and ask them "so how does a person, who's born and raised in NY become a cowboy fan?" their usual reply after fumbling around a bit: "well i like troy aikman" or "my dad bought me an emmit smith jersey" eyc. etc.

    bullshit. you were a kid when they were winning super bowls and you attached yourself to them because they were winning, plain and simple. bandwagon bitches.

  • ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #44

    The Steelers suck, congrats on earning the right to play one more game and lose.

    BTW- Rapistburger is huge TOOL. My sister was his waitress once at a Applebee's or something and all this money he gets and he gave NO tip. What a asshole......

  • not all fans are created equal.

    i really despise bandwagon fans from any team. half the people i know in NY are either steeler fans or cowboy fans. you talk to them, figure out their age and ask them "so how does a person, who's born and raised in NY become a cowboy fan?" their usual reply after fumbling around a bit: "well i like troy aikman" or "my dad bought me an emmit smith jersey" eyc. etc.

    bullshit. you were a kid when they were winning super bowls and you attached yourself to them because they were winning, plain and simple. bandwagon bitches.

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @miktoxic said:

    not all fans are created equal.

    i really despise bandwagon fans from any team. half the people i know in NY are either steeler fans or cowboy fans. you talk to them, figure out their age and ask them "so how does a person, who's born and raised in NY become a cowboy fan?" their usual reply after fumbling around a bit: "well i like troy aikman" or "my dad bought me an emmit smith jersey" eyc. etc.

    bullshit. you were a kid when they were winning super bowls and you attached yourself to them because they were winning, plain and simple. bandwagon bitches.

    I don't think you can blame a kid for being attracted to a winning team. Or anyone for that matter. Fandom means different things to different people. You obviously take a lot of pride in sticking with an organization that has given you almost nothing to be a fan about. You wear it as a badge of honor and you take your fandomness seriously. Others are more passive about it and don't get as deep emotionally. Sports isn't as important to them. Myself, I became a Steeler fan after my Browns fan uncle took me to a Browns training camp practice when I was a kid and then to a game later that season. I had fun at the practice and met Sam Rutigliano and some of the players. I thought it was cool. Then I went to the game and couldn't believe the fans. I forget who they were playing but the people (including my uncle) were beyond embarrassing. My uncle told me to hate the Steelers and whatever his reasons were they didn't make sense. The Steelers were in the middle of their dynasty and I remember rooting for them against the Rams in the Super Bowl even though I thought the Rams helmets were cool. That was right about the time I latched on. Been a fan ever since. My uncle is still a crazy Browns fan. Cheers every first down like it's their last. And they keep disappointing him.

  • The Steelers suck, congrats on earning the right to play one more game and lose.

    BTW- Rapistburger is huge TOOL. My sister was his waitress once at a Applebee's or something and all this money he gets and he gave NO tip. What a asshole......

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @columbusking said:

    The Steelers suck, congrats on earning the right to play one more game and lose.

    BTW- Rapistburger is huge TOOL. My sister was his waitress once at a Applebee's or something and all this money he gets and he gave NO tip. What a asshole......

    And good day to you too sir.

  • The Steelers suck, congrats on earning the right to play one more game and lose.

    BTW- Rapistburger is huge TOOL. My sister was his waitress once at a Applebee's or something and all this money he gets and he gave NO tip. What a asshole......

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @columbusking said:

    The Steelers suck, congrats on earning the right to play one more game and lose.

    BTW- Rapistburger is huge TOOL. My sister was his waitress once at a Applebee's or something and all this money he gets and he gave NO tip. What a asshole......

    Couldnt agree more CK.

    Be happy Rapistberger didnt get her alone somewhere or he might have given her his tip whether she wanted it or not

  • @wargograw said:

    Unbiased, I for one don't mind the Steelers. I know I should as a Browns fan but my best friend just finished up his career at Pitt and I've been up there twice. Last time I got to see your boys beat the piss out of the Colts. It was fun.

    From an organizational standpoint, I don't mind the Steelers. Go back and take a head count of all the ownerships that opposed the Browns being taken out of Cleveland by he-who-shall not be named. You'll find the Rooneys on that very short list. This was, for quite the longest time, one of - if not the best rivalry in the NFL. We knew that, they did as well and both our fanbases suffered when the Browns were gone. I believe the Rooney's even set up area's for Browns fans to visit Pittsburgh and attend games, if I"m correct?

    Our two teams are companion pieces in time. While I do envy their success, I will always question the massive steroid rumors hanging over the heads of that team from the 70's and early 80's.

    I do however despise their fans... Can't stand them. I look forward to the day Ben has that sharp decline in production and they return to the pit of mediocrity from whence they came.

    Even better if a contender arose from Cleveland simultaneously.

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @tiamat63 said:

    From an organizational standpoint, I don't mind the Steelers. Go back and take a head count of all the ownerships that opposed the Browns being taken out of Cleveland by he-who-shall not be named. You'll find the Rooneys on that very short list. This was, for quite the longest time, one of - if not the best rivalry in the NFL. We knew that, they did as well and both our fanbases suffered when the Browns were gone. I believe the Rooney's even set up area's for Browns fans to visit Pittsburgh and attend games, if I"m correct?

    Our two teams are companion pieces in time. While I do envy their success, I will always question the massive steroid rumors hanging over the heads of that team from the 70's and early 80's.

    I do however despise their fans... Can't stand them. I look forward to the day Ben has that sharp decline in production and they return to the pit of mediocrity from whence they came.

    Even better if a contender arose from Cleveland simultaneously.

    I don't hate Browns fans. I pity some of them. Frankly I don't know how you stay so emotionally attached to an organization that doesn't seem to deserve it. From Andre Rison to what they did to Kosar in the end of his tenor. If I'm not mistaken, didn't they sign him to a huge contract and turn around and cut him shortly afterward? All the first round busts, all the misguided free agent signings, so on and so forth. Some of the moves were desperate and done to stay relevant to people who love to see the Browns name in the headlines, instead of actually making the team better. Who was the linebacker you guys drafted in the 90's who was a complete bust that you guys traded down in the first round for? The explanation was that there wasn't anybody worthy of the pick. Wasn't that the year you wanted that tight end out of Penn State and he was picked right before you and they didn't have a backup plan? How about the fact they turn over coaching staffs every couple years? Those things would cause me to lose interest. I used to be a Boston Celtic fan. I can't watch the NBA any more let alone the Celtics. I don't know how you guys do it. It's one thing to stick with a team through thick and thin, it's another to stick with a team that doesn't seem to return the favor to the fans who spend their hard earned money on them.

  • The Steelers suck, congrats on earning the right to play one more game and lose.

    BTW- Rapistburger is huge TOOL. My sister was his waitress once at a Applebee's or something and all this money he gets and he gave NO tip. What a asshole......

    Trolling for dickT Trolling for dick wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @columbusking said:

    The Steelers suck, congrats on earning the right to play one more game and lose.

    BTW- Rapistburger is huge TOOL. My sister was his waitress once at a Applebee's or something and all this money he gets and he gave NO tip. What a asshole......

    Maybe your sister wasn't a very good waitress.