Skip to content

Randy Gregory fails drug test at combine

The Browns Board
27 20 954
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #4

    First, Gordon has nothing to do with any decision I'd make.

    I wasn't interested in Gregory to begin with... but had I been, then sure, spending an top-ten pick on a player with a failed test already under his belt would give me pause.

    That said his quotes in the article hit all the right notes and I could always have him take more psychological tests to access any predilection towards dependency.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5

    We're just lucky to have the unique ones.....Mud

    *******************************************************

    Somehow, I really laughed at that, but it isn't funny. dammit. 🤔

  • First, Gordon has nothing to do with any decision I'd make.

    I wasn't interested in Gregory to begin with... but had I been, then sure, spending an top-ten pick on a player with a failed test already under his belt would give me pause.

    That said his quotes in the article hit all the right notes and I could always have him take more psychological tests to access any predilection towards dependency.

    thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @tour2ma said:

    I could always have him take more psychological tests to access any predilection towards dependency.

    Those don't really exist...

    And, I wouldn't have him in the 1st round on the Browns draft board anyway b/c he's too small for us and I've thought he was bust material, but this just adds to my concerns. Much like I thought of Manziel last year, I'd risk a 3rd rounder on his athleticism but nothing higher...

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #7

    man, nowadays, why even touch this dude when there is someone just as talented one rung below that you DON"T have to worry about?

    it's like going out the night before your biggest job promotion interview and getting tanked and showing up late, and still drunk.

    GTFO!

  • broganreynikB broganreynik wrote on last edited by broganreynik
    #8

    Yeah, there's really no way I'd want him. He really had some motivation issues while here at Nebraska, and some of the beat writers have even questioned if he wants to play football.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Smoke weed before the biggest event in your life up to that point. Smart move.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I think i might be fair to say that if a player loves the game, he wouldn't do

    stupid stuff to inhibit his success in football.

    But then again, I think JF loves the game, he just had problems to deal with.

    But like Brogan posted, he had some motivational problems at Nebraska, and that's

    a another bit of evidence to support the claim he isn't all that into being a -football player-

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #11

    i say if you are ray farmer and have been dealt the cards you have been dealt (in JF's case...his own hands) i wouldn't touch anyone with any character/drug/alcohol issues or questions.

    once bitten, twice shy.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I wonder how far he will drop in the draft.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I just read he failed a drug test twice in 2014. The Browns weren't going after him anyway. If you read the article on ESPN, he smoked a lot of weed.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Im not 100% certain, but now that I think about it...I strongly believe that this will put him into Stage 1 of the NFL drug program from day one.... And Id consider him to have his first "strike" .....

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #15

    The shitty part is that no one ahead of the Browns will pick him now, I only liked him as a filler to push the Sheltons and Rays down the board.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #16

    He better be off our board completely now and will be if they have learned anything from last year.

  • man, nowadays, why even touch this dude when there is someone just as talented one rung below that you DON"T have to worry about?

    it's like going out the night before your biggest job promotion interview and getting tanked and showing up late, and still drunk.

    GTFO!

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @miktoxic said:

    man, nowadays, why even touch this dude when there is someone just as talented one rung below that you DON"T have to worry about?

    it's like going out the night before your biggest job promotion interview and getting tanked and showing up late, and still drunk.

    GTFO!

    You mean everyone doesn't do that?

  • The shitty part is that no one ahead of the Browns will pick him now, I only liked him as a filler to push the Sheltons and Rays down the board.

    S secondwave wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @roycerolls said:

    The shitty part is that no one ahead of the Browns will pick him now, I only liked him as a filler to push the Sheltons and Rays down the board.

    Yeep. This pretty much means we lose out on one of the prospects we were hoping would fall in the draft.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #19

    If he was there in the second would you take him?

  • If he was there in the second would you take him?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @poeticg said:

    If he was there in the second would you take him?

    After dealing with Gordon's bullshit and Johnny's rehab, no fucking way. I would let someone else roll the dice on him.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    a 20 year old kid smoking weed???????????????????.......................NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Will he still be on the board at 19 after DT Shelton or Brown at 12? Tough to pass up if Peat and Harold on the board. Interesting sucks for us usually...

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Von Miller's got a hell of a weed issue. In the second I'd definitely take him. Maybe even at 19.