Skip to content

Jameis Winston

The Browns Board
78 24 3.9k
  • Could not care less about a quarterback's body composition. He'll be fine.

    @wargograw said:

    Could not care less about a quarterback's body composition. He'll be fine.

    Oh but there's a reason I refer to him as JaMarcus Winston. Just like rumors about defects in any quarterback one that has resurfaced is weight gain and flabbiness in Winston since the end of the season. It was at the end of the season when consensus number one pick JaMarcus Russell started to gain weight and became too lazy to play the position. Rumor? Bullshit? You decide.

    WSS

  • Winston seems way more vocal and alpha-male like then Jamarcus ever did. The thing I've always liked about Jameis is the fact that he rallies the team back (even though his interceptions often caused the deficits)

    Still Mariota will be the better player. The mastery of his "system" and his efficiency were absolutely incredible.

  • Akili Smith and Kordell Stewart were very outspoken.

    (not to mention my boy, the beloved Johnny football 😉 )

    WSS

  • who wears a huge gold necklace hanging outside of his shirt on his pro day? frickin ridiculous.

    so he's showing everybody right now that all he cares about is the bling and you'd draft him #1?

    i wouldn't touch that dude.

  • This again? We're gonna overreact to a pro day? How'd that work out with Teddy?

  • This again? We're gonna overreact to a pro day? How'd that work out with Teddy?

    @mld-woody said:

    This again? Woodys gonna overreact to nothing....again? How'd that work out for you on the Bradford thread?

    Fixed.....

  • I wouldn't touch Winston at all. I think the kid's head is screwed directly to his ass.

  • That teams reacted to Teddy's pro day is a myth, plenty of teams had and still do have serious reservations about him. NFL teams don't drop players 31 spots just based on pro days !

    His arm is weak for instance. He played ok last year but the system was very limited in what he was asked to do. We will see how he does this year being asked to do more with the deep threat in Wallace signed and the opposition having film on him.

  • That teams reacted to Teddy's pro day is a myth, plenty of teams had and still do have serious reservations about him. NFL teams don't drop players 31 spots just based on pro days !

    His arm is weak for instance. He played ok last year but the system was very limited in what he was asked to do. We will see how he does this year being asked to do more with the deep threat in Wallace signed and the opposition having film on him.

    @londonbrown said:

    That teams reacted to Teddy's pro day is a myth, plenty of teams had and still do have serious reservations about him. NFL teams don't drop players 31 spots just based on pro days !

    His arm is weak for instance. He played ok last year but the system was very limited in what he was asked to do. We will see how he does this year being asked to do more with the deep threat in Wallace signed and the opposition having film on him.

    I'm talking more about us, the fans, not the coaches and GMs

  • @mld-woody said:

    This again? Woodys gonna overreact to nothing....again? How'd that work out for you on the Bradford thread?

    Fixed.....

    @mudfly said:

    Fixed.....

    Ok, I'm lost. What did I overreact to in the Bradford thread?

  • This again? We're gonna overreact to a pro day? How'd that work out with Teddy?

    @mld-woody said:

    This again? We're gonna overreact to a pro day? How'd that work out with Teddy?

    Are we acting like Teddy is a big NFL success already?

    14 td /12 int

    6 w 6 l

    Lets see how he does second time around. I think Christian Ponder had a season just as good. RG3, Locker ... let's not crown a guy because he had a passable season.

    Z

  • No Ricky Williams nonsense but if the deal was reasonable pull the trigger but it won't be out there. Tampa takes him one.

  • Doesnt seem to have the mental discipline to be successful as an NFL QB. If I was Tampa, I'd take Mariota. 90% of playing QB is between the ears...

  • Doesnt seem to have the mental discipline to be successful as an NFL QB. If I was Tampa, I'd take Mariota. 90% of playing QB is between the ears...

    @thenew23 said:

    Doesnt seem to have the mental discipline to be successful as an NFL QB. If I was Tampa, I'd take Mariota. 90% of playing QB is between the ears...

    Much smarter men than Marcus Mariota have failed as NFL QBs. Not to mention Jameis is actually pretty football smart.

  • Only problem I saw is Jameis did not wear a helmet...

    Not worried about Jameis on-field.

    Operating under center is still new to him and will come.

    Most of his missed throws came off poor footwork evading brooms as he ended his back-peddle... and that'll come as well.

  • Doesnt seem to have the mental discipline to be successful as an NFL QB. If I was Tampa, I'd take Mariota. 90% of playing QB is between the ears...

    @thenew23 said:

    Doesnt seem to have the mental discipline to be successful as an NFL QB. If I was Tampa, I'd take Mariota. 90% of playing QB is between the ears...

    I agree you can't make it as a QB in this league if you're completely 100% stoopid......Vince Young, Terrelle Pryor and Jeff George ought to be proof that you need a brain to go with the body....

    @wargograw said:

    Much smarter men than Marcus Mariota have failed as NFL QBs. Not to mention Jameis is actually pretty football smart.

    Like Johnny for example......had the highest rookie wonderlick score last year, yet acted dumber than them all......

  • @thenew23 said:

    Doesnt seem to have the mental discipline to be successful as an NFL QB. If I was Tampa, I'd take Mariota. 90% of playing QB is between the ears...

    Much smarter men than Marcus Mariota have failed as NFL QBs. Not to mention Jameis is actually pretty football smart.

    @wargograw said:

    Much smarter men than Marcus Mariota have failed as NFL QBs. Not to mention Jameis is actually pretty football smart.

    Never said he wasn't "football smart," just seems to lack discipline. Much like Manziel last year...

  • You said 90% of playing QB is behind the ears. That's what I was pushing back on.

  • Doesnt seem to have the mental discipline to be successful as an NFL QB. If I was Tampa, I'd take Mariota. 90% of playing QB is between the ears...

    @thenew23 said:

    Doesnt seem to have the mental discipline to be successful as an NFL QB......... 90% of playing QB is between the ears...

    @wargograw said:

    Much smarter men than Marcus Mariota have failed as NFL QBs. Not to mention Jameis is actually pretty football smart.

    Discipline vs intelligence vs football smarts = 3 different things......Id say you really only need 2 of them to succeed as QB in the NFL.....

    Discipline + football smarts win in my world......(unfortunately, our guy JFF has the intelligence, but not the other 2)....but I think Winston has, at least, the Football smarts & Intelligence......while Mariota seems to have all 3........

    @wargograw said:

    You said 90% of playing QB is behind the ears. That's what I was pushing back on.

    I have lint behind my ears.......