Jameis Winston
-
-
mayock just moved mariota above winston as his #1 QB.
-
And what was Mayocks take a year ago?
WSS
-
hey, it's a crap shoot. just posting what i saw yesterday. mayock is one of the more respected talking heads when it comes to the draft. that said, no one can predict what can or will happen with any of these kids. hell the whole country thought manziel was the shit last year. turned out he was shit.
hell i was touting justin blackmon years ago and now he's smoking crack with josh gordon on a porch somewhere in missouri.....with some purple drank in his hands.
-
Lumbergh doesn't like Mariota because he is from Oregon, not Oregon State. If he had played for Oregon State, he would be slobbering all over him like he did DA.
-
Lumbergh doesn't like Mariota because he is from Oregon, not Oregon State. If he had played for Oregon State, he would be slobbering all over him like he did DA.
Lumbergh doesn't like Mariota because he is from Oregon, not Oregon State. If he had played for Oregon State, he would be slobbering all over him like he did DA.
True dat.
-
I think Mayock had manziel rated #1 last year, which should invalidate his opinion for five years.
yep. i was already shown that tidbit above. i'd like to see the percentages of these talking heads on how many they get right vs. how many they get wrong.
btw, the whole nfl network, half the analysts on espn and half the people here got it wrong about manziel.
i personally hated the pick. i guess i should be on tv huh?
-
And what was Mayocks take a year ago?
WSS
And what was Mayocks take a year ago?
WSS
-
I think Mayock had manziel rated #1 last year, which should invalidate his opinion for five years.
yep. i was already shown that tidbit above. i'd like to see the percentages of these talking heads on how many they get right vs. how many they get wrong.
btw, the whole nfl network, half the analysts on espn and half the people here got it wrong about manziel.
i personally hated the pick. i guess i should be on tv huh?
-
Well, I figured this was also posted here, but I didn't see it. Apologies if I missed it...
-
This guy is simply un-draftable to me at this point.
This guys off field problems make Johnny Manziel look like Eddie Haskell
-
you can look at this a couple of ways.......
one, why is this info just coming out NOW? is this something dredged up by some party who is tied to someone that has something to gain by this coming out pre-draft?
two, this guy is just REALLY flippin dumb.
never liked him. (which means he'll be all-pro, lol).
-
It'll be interesting to me how this turns out. I won't throw any claims against this possible case yet of course, but the first accuser makes me so genuinely upset. They did a deep investigation which, maybe naive in nature, came up with nothing. What really sealed the deal for me with the first accuser is that she's waiting to file a civil suit "when the time is right". How much you wanna bet that lawsuit pops up about 2 days after Jameis puts ink on an NFL contract?
Not to go on a rant but situations like this are just such a lose-lose situation in every way. Jameis will be marred as a rapist his whole life. Women who have legitimate claims of sexual assault (especially if their attackers are somewhat famous) now face more uncertainty on pressing charges. It's so unfortunate to me in so many ways.
-
Ben Roethlisberger protege? Can we expect Winston to win a couple of Super Bowls?
From that article, clearly there are no plans by authorities to bring any charges, so it definitely comes off as a pure money grab.
Maybe....maybe other teams will be so turned off by this that they will pass on him.....and he will fall into the Browns lap?
-
His own Lawyer just said he's nowhere near ready to be an NFL QB off the field
-
Ben Roethlisberger protege? Can we expect Winston to win a couple of Super Bowls?
From that article, clearly there are no plans by authorities to bring any charges, so it definitely comes off as a pure money grab.
Maybe....maybe other teams will be so turned off by this that they will pass on him.....and he will fall into the Browns lap?
Ben Roethlisberger protege? Can we expect Winston to win a couple of Super Bowls?
From that article, clearly there are no plans by authorities to bring any charges, so it definitely comes off as a pure money grab.
Maybe....maybe other teams will be so turned off by this that they will pass on him.....and he will fall into the Browns lap?
If Jameis Winston fell to 12, I think you'd have to take him...regardless of what he did off the field.
-
Nope. I wouldn't draft him at all. I'd have better ways to build a team if I were drafting.
Character matters.
-
Nope. I wouldn't draft him at all. I'd have better ways to build a team if I were drafting.
Character matters.
Nope. I wouldn't draft him at all. I'd have better ways to build a team if I were drafting.
Character matters.
Character does matter, you're right. And I wouldn't advocate him even playing a down for the Browns before he got his life in order.
At the worst, you waste #12 and get a Ryan Leaf. At best, you get a franchise quarterback who changes his life around and goes on win the Browns a handful of Super Bowls. In between there, you could probably turn him around for a first round pick to a QB needy team in a year.
If he falls to 12, draft him, bench him, give Manziel a fair shot, let McCown mentor Winston on how to be an actual person, and see where we're at next year with him.
Or, it would be a very Browns thing to do for us to be smokescreening all along, and then we trade away both firsts this year, Manziel, and next year's first to move up to #1 and take Winston.
-
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the NFL is going to stop pestering Jameis to attend the draft.
IMO there is not enough in this new report to make up minds not already made up.
However, there is enough to get top teams, and any teams considering a trade up for him, to scramble their investigators.
But if on draft day he falls to 12, then I would not touch him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login