Skip to content

Changed my mind on the first pick

The Browns Board
61 22 2.7k
  • I hope Shelton makes it past Chicago. A lot of mocks have them drafting a receiver, but I don't buy it. They are switching to a 3-4 so taking the best nose tackle available only makes sense.

    I doubt John fox will forgo an integral piece to the defensive front to add another receiver when they already have Alshon Jeffrey.

  • I hope Shelton makes it past Chicago. A lot of mocks have them drafting a receiver, but I don't buy it. They are switching to a 3-4 so taking the best nose tackle available only makes sense.

    I doubt John fox will forgo an integral piece to the defensive front to add another receiver when they already have Alshon Jeffrey.

    @roycerolls said:

    I hope Shelton makes it past Chicago. A lot of mocks have them drafting a receiver, but I don't buy it. They are switching to a 3-4 so taking the best nose tackle available only makes sense.

    I doubt John fox will forgo an integral piece to the defensive front to add another receiver when they already have Alshon Jeffrey.

    chicago and the gints.

    any true GM trying to reinstate a badass run stoppin D is picking the kid.

    pleez lordy lordy pleez!

  • Would you offer Bears P. Taylor and T. Benjamin both FA in 2016, plus ??. To jump to 8 for Shelton.. They need Both Positions. Bears need big help in DB,LB with FA losses and Gaints need OL,LB,RB IMO.

  • Plan B

    La'el Collins, Eddie Goldman, Jaelen Strong or Maxx Williams

    @opal312 said:

    Plan B

    La'el Collins, Eddie Goldman, Jaelen Strong or Maxx Williams

    Appreciate the alternatives; but anything other than Shelton at #12 seems like a ginormous drop-off. All 4 of those guys could conceivably be available at #19 when we get right down to it. That's why a lot of us like the idea of trading back to add picks.

  • Would you offer Bears P. Taylor and T. Benjamin both FA in 2016, plus ??. To jump to 8 for Shelton.. They need Both Positions. Bears need big help in DB,LB with FA losses and Gaints need OL,LB,RB IMO.

    @gumby73 said:

    Would you offer Bears P. Taylor and T. Benjamin both FA in 2016, plus ??. To jump to 8 for Shelton.. They need Both Positions. Bears need big help in DB,LB with FA losses and Gaints need OL,LB,RB IMO.

    I'd even pay Phil Taylor's grocery bill.

  • @roycerolls said:

    I hope Shelton makes it past Chicago. A lot of mocks have them drafting a receiver, but I don't buy it. They are switching to a 3-4 so taking the best nose tackle available only makes sense.

    I doubt John fox will forgo an integral piece to the defensive front to add another receiver when they already have Alshon Jeffrey.

    chicago and the gints.

    any true GM trying to reinstate a badass run stoppin D is picking the kid.

    pleez lordy lordy pleez!

    @miktoxic said:

    chicago and the gints.

    any true GM trying to reinstate a badass run stoppin D is picking the kid.

    pleez lordy lordy pleez!

    I think thats the reality here.....we all are planning on Shelton and then some.......

    But, there better be a plan B.........cause I think we're not the only ones........

  • I really want Shelton, but I think it will most likely take trading up to get him. As long as it's not both our 1st rounders, go for it.

    That being said, I'll support whoever ends up being Browns, but I'll gag a little if I hear Mariota or Winston, & I'll flat out BARF if I hear Bradford.

    Mike

  • I really want Shelton, but I think it will most likely take trading up to get him. As long as it's not both our 1st rounders, go for it.

    That being said, I'll support whoever ends up being Browns, but I'll gag a little if I hear Mariota or Winston, & I'll flat out BARF if I hear Bradford.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I'll flat out BARF if I hear Bradford.

    Mike

    barf? i might throw myself into the hudson.

  • Hopefully Bradford has his season ending injury before the draft so the Browns don't trade for him

  • he'll prob throw his hip out sitting on his couch watching kelly trade for mariota in a record setting deal that sends him to GB to take over rodgers spot.

  • or, if we're lucky, he bumps into Armonty Bryant somewhere......