Skip to content

Starting Lineup... maybe

The Browns Board
44 15 2.3k
  • Special teams:


    K - Coons


    P - Lanning


    LS - Hughlett




    I imagine we will bring in a real kicker.



    Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.



    Zombo


  • @mudfly said:

    Ok.....still super early, but we have some new names and thought Id take a swing at this now and see how things shake out.....

    I think you may need at least one more OL.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think you may need at least one more OL.

    Maybe for PS, but feel these guys would cover all the bases game to game(46 man roster).....plus, Im using exactly the same # we carried last year.....so they would almost have to feel we are weaker at OL than last year to add an extra one.....(right?)

    Zombo said:

    I think Desmond Bryant still starts at DE ... whatever the final DL arrangement, it looks like a bad-ass defense.

    Zombo

    Sure looks bad ass on paper(which is what we said last year too).....Farmer says he wants "waves" of DL coming and going....though Im not a huge D. Bryant fan, but only time will tell there.....he is definitely our healthiest DL player tho

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I think that guy is poised to be a breakout pass catcher this year. Poised dammit!

    And l like Greco too. Even more than Grieco. 21 Jump Street yo.

    Poise is a great asset.........I like Greco too.....

    Zombo said:

    I imagine we will bring in a real kicker.

    Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.

    Zombo

    Dont know here.....Im just guessing based upon who we have.....

    I do know Yount struggled and Hughlett came in with some high praise....so, just "hoping" we upgrade there, just like any other position.....

    Same with the kicker......we might already have a "real" kicker in camp, but we just dont know it yet....or maybe not.....

    Where do kickers come from anyway?????

  • One thing is for sure, looking at our depth, it's easily the deepest the team has been since the early 90s. Nothing has come close since to the depth we have this year

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think you may need at least one more OL.

    Maybe for PS, but feel these guys would cover all the bases game to game(46 man roster).....plus, Im using exactly the same # we carried last year.....so they would almost have to feel we are weaker at OL than last year to add an extra one.....(right?)

    Zombo said:

    I think Desmond Bryant still starts at DE ... whatever the final DL arrangement, it looks like a bad-ass defense.

    Zombo

    Sure looks bad ass on paper(which is what we said last year too).....Farmer says he wants "waves" of DL coming and going....though Im not a huge D. Bryant fan, but only time will tell there.....he is definitely our healthiest DL player tho

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I think that guy is poised to be a breakout pass catcher this year. Poised dammit!

    And l like Greco too. Even more than Grieco. 21 Jump Street yo.

    Poise is a great asset.........I like Greco too.....

    Zombo said:

    I imagine we will bring in a real kicker.

    Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.

    Zombo

    Dont know here.....Im just guessing based upon who we have.....

    I do know Yount struggled and Hughlett came in with some high praise....so, just "hoping" we upgrade there, just like any other position.....

    Same with the kicker......we might already have a "real" kicker in camp, but we just dont know it yet....or maybe not.....

    Where do kickers come from anyway?????

    @mudfly said:

    Where do kickers come from anyway?????

    The last two good ones we had were nobodies kicking around looking for a job.

    I think we stole Stover from the Giants practice squad and Phil Dawson from Patriots practice squad.

    Hopefully we get lucky again.

    Zombo

  • offense

    this is easy:

    QB - McCown

    RB1 - johnson

    RB2 - crowell

    WR1 - bowe

    WR2 - gabriel

    WR 3 - hartline

    TE1 - dray

    TE2 - barnidge

    LT - thomas

    LG - bitonio

    C - mack

    RG - greco

    RT - erving

    look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.

  • offense

    this is easy:

    QB - McCown

    RB1 - johnson

    RB2 - crowell

    WR1 - bowe

    WR2 - gabriel

    WR 3 - hartline

    TE1 - dray

    TE2 - barnidge

    LT - thomas

    LG - bitonio

    C - mack

    RG - greco

    RT - erving

    look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.

    @miktoxic said:

    offense

    this is easy:

    QB - McCown

    RB1 - johnson

    RB2 - crowell

    WR1 - bowe

    WR2 - gabriel

    WR 3 - hartline

    TE1 - dray

    TE2 - barnidge

    LT - thomas

    LG - bitonio

    C - mack

    RG - greco

    RT - erving

    look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.

    You are only allowed 11 men on the field at a time...you have 13 out there. 😳

  • Special teams:


    K - Coons


    P - Lanning


    LS - Hughlett




    I imagine we will bring in a real kicker.



    Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.



    Zombo


    Zombo said:

    Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.

    Zombo

    We just got our answer....Browns waived Christian Yount today.....

  • @miktoxic said:

    offense

    this is easy:

    QB - McCown

    RB1 - johnson

    RB2 - crowell

    WR1 - bowe

    WR2 - gabriel

    WR 3 - hartline

    TE1 - dray

    TE2 - barnidge

    LT - thomas

    LG - bitonio

    C - mack

    RG - greco

    RT - erving

    look for mayne and the 2 other TEs to be worked in when available and ready.

    You are only allowed 11 men on the field at a time...you have 13 out there. 😳

    @the-gipper said:

    You are only allowed 11 men on the field at a time...you have 13 out there. 😳

    duh, really? i know i didn't show all the depth but i showed the important stuff like RB and WRs.......that's all. so in any given play one or two or three of the offensive weapon positions will be on the field or not.

    stop being a larryfine

  • Forgot Hawkins though.

  • Forgot Hawkins though.

    @wargograw said:

    Forgot Hawkins though.

    i know but didn't really.

    can't hartline (#3) be the #1 slot?

  • @wargograw said:

    Forgot Hawkins though.

    i know but didn't really.

    can't hartline (#3) be the #1 slot?

    @miktoxic said:

    i know but didn't really.

    can't hartline (#3) be the #1 slot?

    Hawkins is faster so he would be better in slot. Hartline is used to being #2 wideout..

  • Denver OT Canty done for the Year. Trade Mitch or Bowie for WR or TE?? Depth at T is rare but love it and they all want playing time

  • Zombo said:

    Is Hughlett expected to beat out Christina Yount? I remember Yount slumped last year, but rebounded.

    Zombo

    We just got our answer....Browns waived Christian Yount today.....

    @mudfly said:

    We just got our answer....Browns waived Christian Yount today.....

    Fuck, I shoulda known better to buy the jersey.

    Zombo

  • @mudfly said:

    We just got our answer....Browns waived Christian Yount today.....

    Fuck, I shoulda known better to buy the jersey.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Fuck, I shoulda known better to buy the jersey.

    Zombo

    HA!.....I wore a Curtis Weathers jersey for years........double nickels......

  • I wonder if we'll be seeing a lot more single back this year. Using 11 personnel in a way but housler in more of a wing spot as opposed to Dray whom is more traditionally in line. Hell, we have quality receivers and I'd like to have Hawk on the field quite a bit.

  • We must have approached about 80% single back last year.

    I get the feeling Pet would love more 2-back sets... if we find a decent FB/H-back option.

  • We must have approached about 80% single back last year.

    I get the feeling Pet would love more 2-back sets... if we find a decent FB/H-back option.

    @tour2ma said:

    I get the feeling Pet would love more 2-back sets... if we find a decent FB/H-back option.

    Let's hope that the cure for that comes from Johnson & Johnson

  • @tour2ma said:

    I get the feeling Pet would love more 2-back sets... if we find a decent FB/H-back option.

    Let's hope that the cure for that comes from Johnson & Johnson

    @mudfly said:

    Let's hope that the cure for that comes from Johnson & Johnson

    A running game with no tears!

  • Early from OTA's tapes:: Think M. Johnson(FB) will see a lot of reps this year on screens and lead blocks in line. Crow now down in weight looks Quick but now can he block at that weight & stay Healthy?? Crow, Johnson & Johnson does not leave a lot left for a sometimes in Pet's Doghouse West. May the best man win!!

  • Zombo said:

    Fuck, I shoulda known better to buy the jersey.

    Zombo

    HA!.....I wore a Curtis Weathers jersey for years........double nickels......

    @mudfly said:

    HA!.....I wore a Curtis Weathers jersey for years........double nickels......

    Just remove the "urtis" and people will think it is an Apollo Creed jersey.