The Only Day of the Year
-
I know you don't like Sherwood gftChris, but Villa's fortunes sure have changed since he arrived. He's even got Cleverly playing superbly atm. I can't wait for Sunday. UTV
-
He is doing with Benteke what he did with Adebayor when he took over us, just getting the ball to him as quickly and often as possible
-
I'm yet to be convinced it's anything but the Harry Redknapp/Tony Pulis/Stuart Pearce 'bounce' effect. Let's wait until the summer, see who he brings in, wait til next year, see what style of football he plays. if this is his "we just need to get points we'll worry about style later" approach to just the next month, then great. If this is plan A, B & C (as it seemed to be at spurs) then less great.
I'm suspecting the latter. I'm also quietly confident of a win this weekend.
-
haha another English managers are rubbish post, give Redknapp the players and money Mourinho has at Cheslea and he'd win just as much and in a lot nicer style as well.
We can all set up a team not to lose and buy three £30m attacking players and hope they win the game for you
-
No, a *those* managers are rubbish post. I'd happily swap him for Pardew, for example.
-
Agree with Pardew he's underrated
-
If he were Alain Pardez from spain, he'd be a lot more respected I feel.
-
Absolutely. Geordies hated him because he was from London, clowns
-
Why did you boys hijack my thread? The question was whether or not you could think of two important sporting events that happen on the same day (that are not football....football that is, not futbol...but futbol could be one of them.)
Maybe like this:
-
It's an internet forum, it happens. Deal with it.
-
-
Is Lerner looking to sell Villa?
-
Yes, been trying to sell for about a year now. Word is that he has a deal lined up for the summer.
-
Yes, been trying to sell for about a year now. Word is that he has a deal lined up for the summer.
Yes, been trying to sell for about a year now. Word is that he has a deal lined up for the summer.
I have been expecting him to buy into the MLS after he sold the Browns....but no word on that yet. Maybe once he sells Aston Villa he will look seriously in that direction. Hopefully, as the MLS has expansion plans that don't really include Cleveland.
The MLS expanded by 2 teams this year: another NYC team and Orlando. Also, future expansion will take place in Atlanta in 2017, another LA team in 2018, and Minnesota in 2018. Also under consideration are to put teams in Miami, Las Vegas, Sacramento, San Antonio/Austin, and St. Louis.
Cleveland had been talked about but that was about a decade ago, and the guy that was to be the owner, Bert Wolstein, died. So maybe Lerner can step into the breach here.
Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons is the proposed owner of the ATL MLS team.
A group headed by David Beckham is the proposed owner for a Miami team.
A guy name Peter Gruber is heading up the new LA team proposed ownership group.
A guy named Bill McGuire will be the Minnesota team owner.
The owner of the Sacramento Kings, Vivek Ranadive is proposed owner of a Sacramento team.
A guy name Gordon Hartman is the proposed owner of a SA/Austin team.
And I understand that Cavs owner Dan Gilbert has some interest in bringing an MLS team to the Detroit area and playing in the old Pontiac Silverdome.
-
Congratulations on reaching the final Chris, now please please beat them
-
Well, Benteke, but that's it. Gonna be tough. Liverpool were a lot easier to beat.
-
I hope Cleveland gets an MLS team
-
I hope Cleveland gets an MLS team
Me too,
but I would rather see Cleveland get an NHL team, and move the Cavs somewhere else
-
I hope Cleveland gets an MLS team
Me too,
but I would rather see Cleveland get an NHL team, and move the Cavs somewhere else
Me too,
but I would rather see Cleveland get an NHL team, and move the Cavs somewhere else
How about just all of them NBA/NFL/MLB/NHL/MLS?
And you know, there is another guy that could become the owner of a future Cleveland MLS team.....a current minority owner of a Premier League team: (Liverpool I believe)
LeBron James. He and his group I suspect could be welcomed by the MLS. He might want to put the team in Akron if that happens....and I know a perfect place for them to build a stadium.....if anyone is interested. The former Rolling Acres Mall site. Plenty of acreage for development.
-
I would NEVER support moving the cavs in favor of the boring ass niche NHL
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
