Skip to content

The Only Day of the Year

Barber Shop Talk
126 23 6.1k
  • Well in a 3 hour football game the ball is actually moving for about 5 of those minutes. Soccer has it right...manageable time...great action, the flopping is a drag but getting better.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @kvoethe said:

    Well in a 3 hour football game the ball is actually moving for about 5 of those minutes. Soccer has it right...manageable time...great action, the flopping is a drag but getting better.

    Of course, 10 times more action happens in those 5 minutes of football than what happens in 90 minutes of soccer. (Yes, that's right.....in 90 minutes of soccer there are maybe what 90 seconds of goal attacking action).

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #86

    ...

    And we're back to you not knowing what you're talking about haha

  • The world cup is really not very big at all here. I know you guys love soccer. For the love of all that's holy I don't get why but I know you love it.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The world cup is really not very big at all here. I know you guys love soccer. For the love of all that's holy I don't get why but I know you love it.

    I wouldn't say that. The world cup is a big deal until the USA gets knocked out. Then people care much, much less.

    Just like a lot of people watch the SB because its the SB, a lot of Americans watch the WC for America. Which is great, but it means the actual sport I secondary to them.

    As soccer grows that will start to change. Hopefully it can swap with the MLB as it slowly dies

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    The world cup is really not very big at all here. I know you guys love soccer. For the love of all that's holy I don't get why but I know you love it.

    I wouldn't say that. The world cup is a big deal until the USA gets knocked out. Then people care much, much less.

    Just like a lot of people watch the SB because its the SB, a lot of Americans watch the WC for America. Which is great, but it means the actual sport I secondary to them.

    As soccer grows that will start to change. Hopefully it can swap with the MLB as it slowly dies

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @mld-woody said:

    I wouldn't say that. The world cup is a big deal until the USA gets knocked out. Then people care much, much less.

    Just like a lot of people watch the SB because its the SB, a lot of Americans watch the WC for America. Which is great, but it means the actual sport I secondary to them.

    As soccer grows that will start to change. Hopefully it can swap with the MLB as it slowly dies

    A lot of people have foot fetishes I wouldn't say it's a big thing though.

  • ...

    And we're back to you not knowing what you're talking about haha

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @mld-woody said:

    ...

    And we're back to you not knowing what you're talking about haha

    Yet, I always know more about what I am talking about than you do.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    The world cup is really not very big at all here. I know you guys love soccer. For the love of all that's holy I don't get why but I know you love it.

    I wouldn't say that. The world cup is a big deal until the USA gets knocked out. Then people care much, much less.

    Just like a lot of people watch the SB because its the SB, a lot of Americans watch the WC for America. Which is great, but it means the actual sport I secondary to them.

    As soccer grows that will start to change. Hopefully it can swap with the MLB as it slowly dies

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @mld-woody said:

    I wouldn't say that. The world cup is a big deal until the USA gets knocked out. Then people care much, much less.

    It is a little deal.....and less when the US gets knocked out.

    Just like a lot of people watch the SB because its the SB, a lot of Americans watch the WC for America. Which is great, but it means the actual sport I secondary to them.

    As soccer grows that will start to change. Hopefully it can swap with the MLB as it slowly dies

    MLB setting record numbers in attendance and revenues...if not ratings....I don't know if MLS is doing that.....So? Who doesn't know WTF they are talking about?

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #91

    World Series viewing figures:

    683f8d314c752cb09a3a79b4cd148da9.png

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #92

    MLB_Attendance_1950-2013.png

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #93

    I wonder why there's such an inversion? Are they marketing more the 'experience' of going to the games? Are tv channels not showing them as much?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Revenue.jpg

  • I wonder why there's such an inversion? Are they marketing more the 'experience' of going to the games? Are tv channels not showing them as much?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #95

    @gftchris said:

    I wonder why there's such an inversion? Are they marketing more the 'experience' of going to the games? Are tv channels not showing them as much?

    Its not just baseball....it is overall viewing habits:

    untitled-2-216.jpg

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #96

    And here are your soccer ratings:

    mls-viewership-graph.png?w=592&h=561

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #97

    More

    sports.png

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #98

    I think the thing about baseball/basketball....is that those sports are so much more local broadcast oriented. The national numbers I do not think take into account the local viewership.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #99

    Where is NFL draft in that chart? 😉

    I wonder also if it is taking in to account people watching games in bars, or via means that aren't necessarily recorded, such as via online streams?

  • Where is NFL draft in that chart? 😉

    I wonder also if it is taking in to account people watching games in bars, or via means that aren't necessarily recorded, such as via online streams?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Where is NFL draft in that chart? 😉

    I wonder also if it is taking in to account people watching games in bars, or via means that aren't necessarily recorded, such as via online streams?

    Its crazy. Like 45 million watch the draft.

    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/12/record-45-7-million-viewers-for-2014-nfl-draft/263063/

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    Today is a GREAT day for sports.

    The Tribe home opener and the second round of the Masters.

    No football to be seen or heard of

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    London Brown - You know what i have to say... 😉

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    Tim does the business again 😉

    We are so poor at the moment, the young lads like Kane, Mason and Bentaleb need a rest but those borught in, dont perform.

    We're on the beach already.

  • M macula31 wrote on last edited by

    I know you don't like Sherwood gftChris, but Villa's fortunes sure have changed since he arrived. He's even got Cleverly playing superbly atm. I can't wait for Sunday. UTV