The Only Day of the Year
-
The world cup is really not very big at all here. I know you guys love soccer. For the love of all that's holy I don't get why but I know you love it.
I wouldn't say that. The world cup is a big deal until the USA gets knocked out. Then people care much, much less.
Just like a lot of people watch the SB because its the SB, a lot of Americans watch the WC for America. Which is great, but it means the actual sport I secondary to them.
As soccer grows that will start to change. Hopefully it can swap with the MLB as it slowly dies
I wouldn't say that. The world cup is a big deal until the USA gets knocked out. Then people care much, much less.
It is a little deal.....and less when the US gets knocked out.
Just like a lot of people watch the SB because its the SB, a lot of Americans watch the WC for America. Which is great, but it means the actual sport I secondary to them.
As soccer grows that will start to change. Hopefully it can swap with the MLB as it slowly dies
MLB setting record numbers in attendance and revenues...if not ratings....I don't know if MLS is doing that.....So? Who doesn't know WTF they are talking about?
-
World Series viewing figures:

-

-
I wonder why there's such an inversion? Are they marketing more the 'experience' of going to the games? Are tv channels not showing them as much?
-

-
I wonder why there's such an inversion? Are they marketing more the 'experience' of going to the games? Are tv channels not showing them as much?
-
And here are your soccer ratings:

-
More

-
I think the thing about baseball/basketball....is that those sports are so much more local broadcast oriented. The national numbers I do not think take into account the local viewership.
-
Where is NFL draft in that chart?

I wonder also if it is taking in to account people watching games in bars, or via means that aren't necessarily recorded, such as via online streams?
-
Where is NFL draft in that chart?

I wonder also if it is taking in to account people watching games in bars, or via means that aren't necessarily recorded, such as via online streams?
Where is NFL draft in that chart?

I wonder also if it is taking in to account people watching games in bars, or via means that aren't necessarily recorded, such as via online streams?
Its crazy. Like 45 million watch the draft.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/12/record-45-7-million-viewers-for-2014-nfl-draft/263063/
-
Today is a GREAT day for sports.
The Tribe home opener and the second round of the Masters.
No football to be seen or heard of
-
London Brown - You know what i have to say...

-
Tim does the business again

We are so poor at the moment, the young lads like Kane, Mason and Bentaleb need a rest but those borught in, dont perform.
We're on the beach already.
-
I know you don't like Sherwood gftChris, but Villa's fortunes sure have changed since he arrived. He's even got Cleverly playing superbly atm. I can't wait for Sunday. UTV
-
He is doing with Benteke what he did with Adebayor when he took over us, just getting the ball to him as quickly and often as possible
-
I'm yet to be convinced it's anything but the Harry Redknapp/Tony Pulis/Stuart Pearce 'bounce' effect. Let's wait until the summer, see who he brings in, wait til next year, see what style of football he plays. if this is his "we just need to get points we'll worry about style later" approach to just the next month, then great. If this is plan A, B & C (as it seemed to be at spurs) then less great.
I'm suspecting the latter. I'm also quietly confident of a win this weekend.
-
haha another English managers are rubbish post, give Redknapp the players and money Mourinho has at Cheslea and he'd win just as much and in a lot nicer style as well.
We can all set up a team not to lose and buy three £30m attacking players and hope they win the game for you
-
No, a *those* managers are rubbish post. I'd happily swap him for Pardew, for example.
-
Agree with Pardew he's underrated
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
