Skip to content

Another Squeeler jumps ship

The Browns Board
135 28 8.7k
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    How do you even put all that hair on a HOF Buff??? The Sign says long hair people, need not apply..

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Now he can smoke all the grass he wants... Good riddence ,Pollymoomoo.

  • Speak for yourself, Woody.

    I hear Troy is a great man of faith. He covered the funeral costs when a Somoan A&M player died.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @wargograw said:

    Speak for yourself, Woody.

    I hear Troy is a great man of faith. He covered the funeral costs when a Somoan A&M player died.

    Woody is the spokesgay for the entire population.

  • He made impact plays during crucial moments.

    This is what makes good players people. Making an interception or sack during scrap time in not impressive. Making plays when the game is on the line is what it's all about.

    Impact players go to the HOF and play in Super Bowls. Leaving the game with dignity.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    The Soldier said:

    He made impact plays during crucial moments.

    Yes, he did some....at other times he was out of position in crucial moments.

    This is what makes good players people. Making an interception or sack during scrap time in not impressive. Making plays when the game is on the line is what it's all about.

    Give us some examples where that happened in the playoffs with TP.

    Impact players go to the HOF and play in Super Bowls. Leaving the game with dignity.

    I don't think I meant to imply that he was not an impact player....just that he was somewhat overrated by the media. But he deserves his accolades.

    And yes, kudos to him for leaving with his dignity before it got embarassing for him.

  • B Buck The Frowns wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Best I ever saw at SS, possible exception of Ronnie Lott, but should have retired two years ago. The kind of player you love for his toughness if he is on your team, hate him as a thug if he is on the opposing team.

    I actually stood near him once, and I could not believe how much smaller he is than I would have thought. About 5'8".

  • Best I ever saw at SS, possible exception of Ronnie Lott, but should have retired two years ago. The kind of player you love for his toughness if he is on your team, hate him as a thug if he is on the opposing team.

    I actually stood near him once, and I could not believe how much smaller he is than I would have thought. About 5'8".

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @buck-the-frowns said:

    Best I ever saw at SS, possible exception of Ronnie Lott, but should have retired two years ago. The kind of player you love for his toughness if he is on your team, hate him as a thug if he is on the opposing team.

    I actually stood near him once, and I could not believe how much smaller he is than I would have thought. About 5'8".

    Jack Tatum would have ate him for breakfast.

  • @buck-the-frowns said:

    Best I ever saw at SS, possible exception of Ronnie Lott, but should have retired two years ago. The kind of player you love for his toughness if he is on your team, hate him as a thug if he is on the opposing team.

    I actually stood near him once, and I could not believe how much smaller he is than I would have thought. About 5'8".

    Jack Tatum would have ate him for breakfast.

    B Buck The Frowns wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @the-gipper said:

    Jack Tatum would have ate him for breakfast.

    Different era, different rules.Tatum was certainly a hard hitter, and a much bigger man than Polamalu. Anyway, if Tatum had just tackled Frenchy Fuqua instead of show boating for the highlight reel, the clock would have run out and the immaculate reception would not have occurred. He cost his team a playoff game.
  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #33

    First ballot hall of famer and one of the best off the field players in the entire league. I'm not sure how anyone can call the guy a thug. He played hard, off the field he was very humble and soft spoken. One of the best to play the position, freak athlete, very cerebral and all the people talking about him being out of position conveniently ignore all the times he made plays any normal human being could only dream of making. Ask any qb in the league. Polamalu in his prime may have been the most feared player on the field barring none. People here are being respectful, those that aren't need to grow up.

    Edit: Gipper put the night cap down. You are taking nonsense again. Overrated? Hilarious.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #34
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #35
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #36

    This is a poll by other players

    The (almost) dirty dozenIn a Sports Illustrated poll on the NFL's dirtiest players, Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward won in a landslide. Here's a breakdown of the vote:

    PlayerTeamPos.Pct.Hines WardSteelersWR11.6

    Albert HaynesworthRedskinsDT6.0

    Joey PorterDolphinsOLB6.0

    Roy WilliamsBengalsS5.1

    Kevin MawaeTitansC4.6

    Cortland FinneganTitansCB4.2

    Harvey DahlFalconsG3.7

    Richie IncognitoRamsG3.7

    Troy PolamaluSteelersS3.3

    Jared AllenVikingsDE3.2

    296 players took part in the poll anonymously

    Read more: http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_651611.html#ixzz3Wy5ugH6r
    Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

    Read more: http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_651611.html#ixzz3Wy5W37f3
    Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #37
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #38

    dirty horsecollar - 15 grand fine

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82249e6e/Polamalu-s-15k-play

    Steelers safeties Mike Mitchell and Troy Polamalu were flagged for unnecessary roughness for hits on receivers on the same drive in last Thursday’s game against the Ravens, but both men say they haven’t been fined for the hits.
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #39

    Pollykakamumu twists Wes Walker's helmet by the facemask on a big hit and causes him

    neck injury.

    Translation: "tried to put Welker out of the game"

    Somehow, didn't get fined.

    http://nesn.com/2011/11/troy-polamalu-not-fined-for-helmet-twisting-hit-that-resulted-in-wes-welkers-neck-injury/

    mp13welker1.jpg

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #40
    People here are being respectful, those that aren't need to grow up.


    I'm not sure how anyone can call the guy a thug. Vag

    *********************************************

    You need to grow up, smarten up , and sing the "I'm All Wet in Egypt" song.

    I rest my case.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #41

    The guy played for 12 seasons and you were able to link what 5 incidents? Look up what the guy does off the field.

  • dirty horsecollar - 15 grand fine

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82249e6e/Polamalu-s-15k-play

    Steelers safeties Mike Mitchell and Troy Polamalu were flagged for unnecessary roughness for hits on receivers on the same drive in last Thursday’s game against the Ravens, but both men say they haven’t been fined for the hits.
    slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @calfoxwc said:

    dirty horsecollar - 15 grand fine

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d82249e6e/Polamalu-s-15k-play

    Steelers safeties Mike Mitchell and Troy Polamalu were flagged for unnecessary roughness for hits on receivers on the same drive in last Thursdays game against the Ravens, but both men say they havent been fined for the hits.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/18/mike-mitchell-troy-polamalu-avoid-fines-for-hits-against-ravens/

    I hope Mike Mitchell gets hit by a bus, talk about a dirty player. He's a real scumbag...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #43

    The guy played for 12 seasons and you were able to link what 5 incidents? Look up what the guy does off the field. Vag

    **************************************************

    If, say, a pro football team has a qb, that say, rapes a woman, say, in a bathroom, and that qb

    has good times playing with good wrs who get open for him all the time, good rbs, and a great defense....

    plays great in tossing 10 throws and handing the ball off, is that qb still a rapist because generally, he does his part

    on the field just fine and you looooooove him and lick his fathead poster on your wall every night?

    NO, he is still a rapist. Therefore, when Troy Maulyawithcheapshotwearsatutu does bad stuff when big games are on the line,

    a well known attribute of the pukesburg squealers, I simply showed you why many people, including the fellow pro football players

    in that poll above, know that your precious troyboy is a thug when it counts.

    I don't care, Vag, if he has been a spectacular athlete. He has been. I don't care if you think his birdsnest hair

    is pretty. He has been a very, very dirty player. But as with so many squealers, "great" ends up tainted. It's a historical

    fact.

    Note- Hines Ward was great wr - but he was dirty cheap shot artist for the squealers, too.

    And everybody, well, except you maybe, knows Harrisons claim to fame on cheap shots.

    Then I think it was Von Cheapshotten who took out Carson Palmer's knee in a playoff

    game that the steelers probably may not have won otherwise. The squealers took out his

    knee only two plays into a PLAYOFF GAME that they probably wouldn't have won.

    Remember - they go cheap shots when it counts to make sure they'd win when they need to.

    The evil that the steelers have done live after them. You are just all wet in Egypt.

    Most of the NFL knows it's all true. Coming on a Brownsboard and dancing around the facts

    and wishing you could curl up in Troy's hair doesn't impress here, and you are wasting your

    time.

    The steelers blah blah blah, is tainted. Badly tainted. They are hated for the cheap shots and dirty play.

  • The guy played for 12 seasons and you were able to link what 5 incidents? Look up what the guy does off the field. Vag

    **************************************************

    If, say, a pro football team has a qb, that say, rapes a woman, say, in a bathroom, and that qb

    has good times playing with good wrs who get open for him all the time, good rbs, and a great defense....

    plays great in tossing 10 throws and handing the ball off, is that qb still a rapist because generally, he does his part

    on the field just fine and you looooooove him and lick his fathead poster on your wall every night?

    NO, he is still a rapist. Therefore, when Troy Maulyawithcheapshotwearsatutu does bad stuff when big games are on the line,

    a well known attribute of the pukesburg squealers, I simply showed you why many people, including the fellow pro football players

    in that poll above, know that your precious troyboy is a thug when it counts.

    I don't care, Vag, if he has been a spectacular athlete. He has been. I don't care if you think his birdsnest hair

    is pretty. He has been a very, very dirty player. But as with so many squealers, "great" ends up tainted. It's a historical

    fact.

    Note- Hines Ward was great wr - but he was dirty cheap shot artist for the squealers, too.

    And everybody, well, except you maybe, knows Harrisons claim to fame on cheap shots.

    Then I think it was Von Cheapshotten who took out Carson Palmer's knee in a playoff

    game that the steelers probably may not have won otherwise. The squealers took out his

    knee only two plays into a PLAYOFF GAME that they probably wouldn't have won.

    Remember - they go cheap shots when it counts to make sure they'd win when they need to.

    The evil that the steelers have done live after them. You are just all wet in Egypt.

    Most of the NFL knows it's all true. Coming on a Brownsboard and dancing around the facts

    and wishing you could curl up in Troy's hair doesn't impress here, and you are wasting your

    time.

    The steelers blah blah blah, is tainted. Badly tainted. They are hated for the cheap shots and dirty play.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #44

    @calfoxwc said:

    The guy played for 12 seasons and you were able to link what 5 incidents? Look up what the guy does off the field. Vag

    **************************************************

    If, say, a pro football team has a qb, that say, rapes a woman, say, in a bathroom, and that qb

    has good times playing with good wrs who get open for him all the time, good rbs, and a great defense....

    plays great in tossing 10 throws and handing the ball off, is that qb still a rapist because generally, he does his part

    on the field just fine and you looooooove him and lick his fathead poster on your wall every night?

    NO, he is still a rapist. Therefore, when Troy Maulyawithcheapshotwearsatutu does bad stuff when big games are on the line,

    a well known attribute of the pukesburg squealers, I simply showed you why many people, including the fellow pro football players

    in that poll above, know that your precious troyboy is a thug when it counts.

    I don't care, Vag, if he has been a spectacular athlete. He has been. I don't care if you think his birdsnest hair

    is pretty. He has been a very, very dirty player. But as with so many squealers, "great" ends up tainted. It's a historical

    fact.

    Note- Hines Ward was great wr - but he was dirty cheap shot artist for the squealers, too.

    And everybody, well, except you maybe, knows Harrisons claim to fame on cheap shots.

    Then I think it was Von Cheapshotten who took out Carson Palmer's knee in a playoff

    game that the steelers probably may not have won otherwise. The squealers took out his

    knee only two plays into a PLAYOFF GAME that they probably wouldn't have won.

    Remember - they go cheap shots when it counts to make sure they'd win when they need to.

    The evil that the steelers have done live after them. You are just all wet in Egypt.

    Most of the NFL knows it's all true. Coming on a Brownsboard and dancing around the facts

    and wishing you could curl up in Troy's hair doesn't impress here, and you are wasting your

    time.

    The steelers blah blah blah, is tainted. Badly tainted. They are hated for the cheap shots and dirty play.

    Every last bit of this screams bitter Ill informed whiner.
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #45

    "I'll informed" ??? "I'll" ? You'll do what? Worthless rebuttal.

    Not whining any more than you bitching about the "lack of respect" for your putrid team that

    you don't seem to be able to talk about elsewhere.

    Methinks you doth protest and bitch too much. You give steeler fans a bad name, ...

    and that is really, really bad. 😎

    Meanwhile, watch and learn steeler squid: