Skip to content

Another Squeeler jumps ship

The Browns Board
135 28 8.7k
  • after that play at socal where he seemed to try to kill that kick receiver....

    I would have figured he was a bit too stupid and dirty to play for a real pro football team.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, Polamalu was a good player.....but I just don't think he was as great as he was made out to be. I always thought that he got more credit than he deserved because he was flying all over the place uncontrollably with his stupid hairwafting in the wind. That allowed him to make some great plays...but as often I think his flailing had him out of position.

    Sometimes he was caught out of position yes, but I didn't see it too often. So do you not think he will be a FBHOFer? Or do you think he will be, just undeserving.

    @comeonman said:

    Sometimes he was caught out of position yes, but I didn't see it too often. So do you not think he will be a FBHOFer? Or do you think he will be, just undeserving.

    If Chris Carter wasn't a first ballot HOFer- Moo-Moo sure won't be. Arnold Stang- I mean Myron "the Dope" Cope is dead (worst announcing voice in recorded history) - meaning his attempts to get Rocky Blier and French Fuqua into the Hall died with him.

    @mld-woody said:

    Gay marriage and weed will be legal everywhere soon enough.

    I look out in the field- and I think my pony loves me. I want to marry him. This thought occurred to me right after I did a speedball of heroin.

  • As a fan of football, and the Browns, its ridiculous to say Troy P wasn't any good.

    Some of you are way off base. He played for the Steelers, but was an incredible football player.

    If you can't tell a player was good, you don't know football.

    Elway was good too Browns fans. Ray Lewis was good.

    You don't know a good player when you see one.

  • It's not dirty play. It is a will to win at any cost. The Clowns should try it some time.

  • you steeler fans are all wet in Egypt. Perception morphs into reality on a regular basis,

    therefore, you simply have to accept the reality that Troy Prollywantstohumpsagnugnu

    has a history of here and there being happy to end anybody's career if it will win a big

    game. The steelers are hated all over the NFL

    The steeler mantra always seems to be "HEY, WE ARE SKUNKS, WE THINK WE DON'T

    STINK, SO WE DON'T HAHAHAHAHAAHA".

    Not impressive.

    It's steeler history - you are fans of a tainted legacy.

    Have a nice day. Hope you find some other forum where they don't know FOOTBALL so you can fit in.

    Dang, I wish the draft would hurry up and get here.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, Polamalu was a good player.....but I just don't think he was as great as he was made out to be. I always thought that he got more credit than he deserved because he was flying all over the place uncontrollably with his stupid hairwafting in the wind. That allowed him to make some great plays...but as often I think his flailing had him out of position.

    Um no Gipper, he was a great player. That's what it usually takes to be inducted into the HOF.

    Certainly if he was a Brown you would have no problem labeling him a great player right?

    Stuart said:

    Um no Gipper, he was a great player. That's what it usually takes to be inducted into the HOF.Certainly if he was a Brown you would have no problem labeling him a great player right?

    Not all HOF'ers are great, Jerome Bettis is a prime example.

  • In Canton it is a hall of good, so many examples every year, and the fact that is took Chris Carter like 3 tries to get in when I think he should have been a first ballot.

  • you steeler fans are all wet in Egypt. Perception morphs into reality on a regular basis,

    therefore, you simply have to accept the reality that Troy Prollywantstohumpsagnugnu

    has a history of here and there being happy to end anybody's career if it will win a big

    game. The steelers are hated all over the NFL

    The steeler mantra always seems to be "HEY, WE ARE SKUNKS, WE THINK WE DON'T

    STINK, SO WE DON'T HAHAHAHAHAAHA".

    Not impressive.

    It's steeler history - you are fans of a tainted legacy.

    Have a nice day. Hope you find some other forum where they don't know FOOTBALL so you can fit in.

    Dang, I wish the draft would hurry up and get here.

    @calfoxwc said:

    you steeler fans are all wet in Egypt. Perception morphs into reality on a regular basis,

    therefore, you simply have to accept the reality that Troy Prollywantstohumpsagnugnu

    has a history of here and there being happy to end anybody's career if it will win a big

    game. The steelers are hated all over the NFL

    The steeler mantra always seems to be "HEY, WE ARE SKUNKS, WE THINK WE DON'T

    STINK, SO WE DON'T HAHAHAHAHAAHA".

    Not impressive.

    It's steeler history - you are fans of a tainted legacy.

    Have a nice day. Hope you find some other forum where they don't know FOOTBALL so you can fit in.

    Dang, I wish the draft would hurry up and get here.

    I've forgot more about football then you'll ever know, but this isn't a dick measuring contest. However, in the NFL, if you want to win championships you have to be willing to put your own body on the line for your team. There aren't many players like that anymore. Jim Brown and the Browns were like that. Hench all the championships the Browns have.

    For some reason, a lot of fans are buying into this new age Goodell NFL. "Tainted Legacy".....lol. Yea, ok.

  • First ballot hall of famer and one of the best off the field players in the entire league. I'm not sure how anyone can call the guy a thug. He played hard, off the field he was very humble and soft spoken. One of the best to play the position, freak athlete, very cerebral and all the people talking about him being out of position conveniently ignore all the times he made plays any normal human being could only dream of making. Ask any qb in the league. Polamalu in his prime may have been the most feared player on the field barring none. People here are being respectful, those that aren't need to grow up.

    Edit: Gipper put the night cap down. You are taking nonsense again. Overrated? Hilarious.

    @vagitron said:

    First ballot hall of famer and one of the best off the field players in the entire league. I'm not sure how anyone can call the guy a thug. He played hard, off the field he was very humble and soft spoken. One of the best to play the position, freak athlete, very cerebral and all the people talking about him being out of position conveniently ignore all the times he made plays any normal human being could only dream of making. Ask any qb in the league. Polamalu in his prime may have been the most feared player on the field barring none. People here are being respectful, those that aren't need to grow up.

    Edit: Gipper put the night cap down. You are taking nonsense again. Overrated? Hilarious.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, Polamalu was a good player.....but I just don't think he was as great as he was made out to be. I always thought that he got more credit than he deserved because he was flying all over the place uncontrollably with his stupid hairwafting in the wind. That allowed him to make some great plays...but as often I think his flailing had him out of position.

    Um no Gipper, he was a great player. That's what it usually takes to be inducted into the HOF.

    Certainly if he was a Brown you would have no problem labeling him a great player right?

    Stuart said:

    Um no Gipper, he was a great player. That's what it usually takes to be inducted into the HOF.

    Certainly if he was a Brown you would have no problem labeling him a great player right?

    Probably.....but then I said that he would be a HOFer....just that he was.....you know.

    By the way....Of all the Steeler players that were cheapshot artists, I am not one who thought that TP was among them.

  • Makes Me wonder just how good Don Rodgers and Eric Turner might've been had they not died.. ..We might not even be talking about this fag.

    @nickers said:

    Makes Me wonder just how good Don Rodgers and Eric Turner might've been had they not died.. ..We might not even be talking about this fag.

    Interesting point......though Turner would have needed to stay with the Browns.

  • As a fan of football, and the Browns, its ridiculous to say Troy P wasn't any good.

    Some of you are way off base. He played for the Steelers, but was an incredible football player.

    If you can't tell a player was good, you don't know football.

    Elway was good too Browns fans. Ray Lewis was good.

    You don't know a good player when you see one.

    The Soldier said:

    As a fan of football, and the Browns, its ridiculous to say Troy P wasn't any good.

    Some of you are way off base. He played for the Steelers, but was an incredible football player.

    If you can't tell a player was good, you don't know football.

    Elway was good too Browns fans. Ray Lewis was good.

    You don't know a good player when you see one.

    Has anyone said he was no good? I didn't see that. Some said he was a cheap shot artist (I didn't see this). I said he was HOF....but overrated.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    you steeler fans are all wet in Egypt. Perception morphs into reality on a regular basis,

    therefore, you simply have to accept the reality that Troy Prollywantstohumpsagnugnu

    has a history of here and there being happy to end anybody's career if it will win a big

    game. The steelers are hated all over the NFL

    The steeler mantra always seems to be "HEY, WE ARE SKUNKS, WE THINK WE DON'T

    STINK, SO WE DON'T HAHAHAHAHAAHA".

    Not impressive.

    It's steeler history - you are fans of a tainted legacy.

    Have a nice day. Hope you find some other forum where they don't know FOOTBALL so you can fit in.

    Dang, I wish the draft would hurry up and get here.

    I've forgot more about football then you'll ever know, but this isn't a dick measuring contest. However, in the NFL, if you want to win championships you have to be willing to put your own body on the line for your team. There aren't many players like that anymore. Jim Brown and the Browns were like that. Hench all the championships the Browns have.

    For some reason, a lot of fans are buying into this new age Goodell NFL. "Tainted Legacy".....lol. Yea, ok.

    @supersteelers said:

    I've forgot more about football then you'll ever know, but this isn't a dick measuring contest. However, in the NFL, if you want to win championships you have to be willing to put your own body on the line for your team. There aren't many players like that anymore. Jim Brown and the Browns were like that. Hench all the championships the Browns have.

    For some reason, a lot of fans are buying into this new age Goodell NFL. "Tainted Legacy".....lol. Yea, ok.

    I don't think that players being to "put their body on the line for their team" has anything to do with being successful on the field. Players on losing teams put their bodies on the line just as much as players from winning teams.

    If being willing to put your body on the line was all that mattered....then Rudy would have been an All American....not a scrub that got into one game in his senior season at ND.

    It takes talent, intellect, instincts, physique and other tangibles and intangibles to make a great player. And it takes a winning system coaching etc. to win titles....not just "want to".

  • @supersteelers said:

    I've forgot more about football then you'll ever know, but this isn't a dick measuring contest. However, in the NFL, if you want to win championships you have to be willing to put your own body on the line for your team. There aren't many players like that anymore. Jim Brown and the Browns were like that. Hench all the championships the Browns have.

    For some reason, a lot of fans are buying into this new age Goodell NFL. "Tainted Legacy".....lol. Yea, ok.

    I don't think that players being to "put their body on the line for their team" has anything to do with being successful on the field. Players on losing teams put their bodies on the line just as much as players from winning teams.

    If being willing to put your body on the line was all that mattered....then Rudy would have been an All American....not a scrub that got into one game in his senior season at ND.

    It takes talent, intellect, instincts, physique and other tangibles and intangibles to make a great player. And it takes a winning system coaching etc. to win titles....not just "want to".

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think that players being to "put their body on the line for their team" has anything to do with being successful on the field. Players on losing teams put their bodies on the line just as much as players from winning teams.

    If being willing to put your body on the line was all that mattered....then Rudy would have been an All American....not a scrub that got into one game in his senior season at ND.

    It takes talent, intellect, instincts, physique and other tangibles and intangibles to make a great player. And it takes a winning system coaching etc. to win titles....not just "want to".

    You're right, but I didn't mean "body on the line" was the only attribute needed. However, with their disregard for their own safety is in part what made them special players though...Jim Brown, Troy, Jack Lambert and Frank "Mighty Minnie" Minnifield.

  • The Soldier said:

    As a fan of football, and the Browns, its ridiculous to say Troy P wasn't any good.

    Some of you are way off base. He played for the Steelers, but was an incredible football player.

    If you can't tell a player was good, you don't know football.

    Elway was good too Browns fans. Ray Lewis was good.

    You don't know a good player when you see one.

    Has anyone said he was no good? I didn't see that. Some said he was a cheap shot artist (I didn't see this). I said he was HOF....but overrated.

    @the-gipper said:

    Has anyone said he was no good? I didn't see that. Some said he was a cheap shot artist (I didn't see this). I said he was HOF....but overrated.

    This is true. You have maintained this position.

  • @comeonman said:

    Sometimes he was caught out of position yes, but I didn't see it too often. So do you not think he will be a FBHOFer? Or do you think he will be, just undeserving.

    If Chris Carter wasn't a first ballot HOFer- Moo-Moo sure won't be. Arnold Stang- I mean Myron "the Dope" Cope is dead (worst announcing voice in recorded history) - meaning his attempts to get Rocky Blier and French Fuqua into the Hall died with him.

    @mld-woody said:

    Gay marriage and weed will be legal everywhere soon enough.

    I look out in the field- and I think my pony loves me. I want to marry him. This thought occurred to me right after I did a speedball of heroin.

    @hoorta said:

    If Chris Carter wasn't a first ballot HOFer- Moo-Moo sure won't be. Arnold Stang- I mean Myron "the Dope" Cope is dead (worst announcing voice in recorded history) - meaning his attempts to get Rocky Blier and French Fuqua into the Hall died with him.

    I look out in the field- and I think my pony loves me. I want to marry him. This thought occurred to me right after I did a speedball of heroin.

    Myron Cope was a legend and a very classy human being. His voice is part of the reason he was loved in Pittsburgh. (Everyone knew it was awful) As far as polamalu and first ballot is concerned he had an effect on the game like no other safety before him. He played outside scheme and his instincts on the field were insane. If he has a hard time first go its because safeties in general have a hard time. Again no reason to criticize Cope, zero.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't think that players being to "put their body on the line for their team" has anything to do with being successful on the field. Players on losing teams put their bodies on the line just as much as players from winning teams.

    If being willing to put your body on the line was all that mattered....then Rudy would have been an All American....not a scrub that got into one game in his senior season at ND.

    It takes talent, intellect, instincts, physique and other tangibles and intangibles to make a great player. And it takes a winning system coaching etc. to win titles....not just "want to".

    You're right, but I didn't mean "body on the line" was the only attribute needed. However, with their disregard for their own safety is in part what made them special players though...Jim Brown, Troy, Jack Lambert and Frank "Mighty Minnie" Minnifield.

    @supersteelers said:

    You're right, but I didn't mean "body on the line" was the only attribute needed. However, with their disregard for their own safety is in part what made them special players though...Jim Brown, Troy, Jack Lambert and Frank "Mighty Minnie" Minnifield.

    Semi level headed Steeler fan?
  • steeler fan off the point again. It isn't "disregard his own safety"....

    it's "trying to seriously injure another player and put them out of the game".

    You know, like taking out Carson Palmer's knee on the first pass in the game by him.

  • steeler fan off the point again. It isn't "disregard his own safety"....

    it's "trying to seriously injure another player and put them out of the game".

    You know, like taking out Carson Palmer's knee on the first pass in the game by him.

    @calfoxwc said:

    steeler fan off the point again. It isn't "disregard his own safety"....

    it's "trying to seriously injure another player and put them out of the game".

    You know, like taking out Carson Palmer's knee on the first pass in the game by him.

    You are such a fucking whiner. Its funny because you remind me of the group of guys, all in their late 50's to mid to late 60's that went to buffalo wild wings every Sunday when I was in college. I was there to watch the steeler games, they were just there to whine/heckle and watch their squad lose. Their biggest dig was about Joey Porter getting shot in the ass, the rest of their material was always Ill placed and poorly timed. You need to step up your game cal or just go back to political crazy town.

  • @hoorta said:

    If Chris Carter wasn't a first ballot HOFer- Moo-Moo sure won't be. Arnold Stang- I mean Myron "the Dope" Cope is dead (worst announcing voice in recorded history) - meaning his attempts to get Rocky Blier and French Fuqua into the Hall died with him.

    I look out in the field- and I think my pony loves me. I want to marry him. This thought occurred to me right after I did a speedball of heroin.

    Myron Cope was a legend and a very classy human being. His voice is part of the reason he was loved in Pittsburgh. (Everyone knew it was awful) As far as polamalu and first ballot is concerned he had an effect on the game like no other safety before him. He played outside scheme and his instincts on the field were insane. If he has a hard time first go its because safeties in general have a hard time. Again no reason to criticize Cope, zero.

    @vagitron said:

    Myron Cope was a legend and a very classy human being. His voice is part of the reason he was loved in Pittsburgh. (Everyone knew it was awful) As far as polamalu and first ballot is concerned he had an effect on the game like no other safety before him. He played outside scheme and his instincts on the field were insane. If he has a hard time first go its because safeties in general have a hard time. Again no reason to criticize Cope, zero.

    Cope was all that, but primarily, he was comic relief, fair to say? And ain't nothing wrong with that.