Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. American Sniper Review

American Sniper Review

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
1 Posts 1 Posters 340 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    American sniper

    Warner Brothers

    R. 132 min

    Spoiler alert.

    Well maybe it's a spoiler alert and maybe not. I don't read about movies until I've seen them and form an opinion. It's never as much fun if you know the ending before time. At any rate, (and I hope you've stopped reading if that would bother you) I had no idea that the latest Clint Eastwood project AMERICAN SNIPER was the autobiography of Chris Kyle (Bradley Cooper), the main character, or how he ended up. I'm not sure that knowledge would have made a difference with this particular film.

    I honestly wish I'd have enjoyed this film more than I did especially after finding that it has outraged so many assholes, including Michael Moore Seth Rogen and the gang at Salon. That being said it's not the politics I find fault with. This is a movie not a history lesson and not a recruiting film. It's the story of one man's journey through a very trying life with a postscript concerning a bitterly ironic ending.

    I've never been to war but I can't imagine that it wouldn't be a truly miserable experience. Movies sometimes portray it as glorious and exciting but I'm willing to bet for the most part it is as Kyle wrote in his book.

    Yes I'm sure we are appalled that human beings seem to turn feral in times of war committing acts of barbarism against each other that they would never consider otherwise. But you also can't help but be moved by the bravery and honor of those fighting men and women determined to protect their comrades at great cost.

    If you are looking for action, adventure or excitement American sniper is not for you. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of fictionalizing or cookie cutter plot devices and because of that this film isn't very entertaining.

    On the other hand you can't help but respect those who sacrificed so much.

    My grade here rests solely upon my personal enjoyment of the film. I would not presume to try and rank feelings and the commitment of the man.

    C+

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply

    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

    Register Login
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes


    Theme
    • System
    • Light
    • Dark
    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

    • First post
      Last post
    0
    • Forums
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Donate