Skip to content

Would you trade our two first round picks for Philip Rivers?

Locked The Browns Board
100 37 3.6k
  • I don't feel educated enough to answer. But those of you saying no, why?

    @wargograw said:

    I don't feel educated enough to answer. But those of you saying no, why?

    Besides the age thing (my post above your question) I've always had the feeling that the guy is an asshole... a talented asshole, but an asshole. Case in point:

    "As Philip Rivers does whenever his team doesn’t win, he whines, he cries, and he throws a temper tantrum. The leadership of any football team starts with the quarterback, and that is exactly where the Chargers are weak. It wasn’t necessarily his level of play that cost the Chargers this crucial win, it’s that Rivers is very weak minded. When the going gets tough, he handles it by yelling at his teammates and throwing his helmet: a recipe for disaster. When his back is against the wall, number seventeen likes to point fingers and cause a scene"

    Maybe I would change my mind if he were our asshole, but... no...

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Quit whining and look at what's happened. Chris

    ********************************************************

    Josh Gordon happened. Manziel happened.

    Quit whining, and look what happened. Phil Taylor gets hurt and look what happened.

    Trading our first two picks away for a 33 yr old qb who will be retiring in the near future?

    Not buying it, even for a plug nickel.

    Not saying we should go for Rivers - I would do it for one, but not both - but complaining about needing to replace players we've lost, when most of them *have* been replaced is stupid.

    @gftchris said:

    Not saying we should go for Rivers - I would do it for one, but not both - but complaining about needing to replace players we've lost, when most of them *have* been replaced is stupid.

    I agree, if the FO was going to give up #19 for china doll Bradford I would say pull the trigger and bring Rivers here.

    But for both number #1's. . . HELL no!

  • This is a ridiculous topic. We're Browns fans. Let's talk about uniforms and colors.

  • This is a ridiculous topic. We're Browns fans. Let's talk about uniforms and colors.

    The Soldier said:

    This is a ridiculous topic. We're Browns fans. Let's talk about uniforms and colors.

    Touche

  • If this happened and I were a Browns fan I would burn all my gear and find a new team. Seriously.

    @vagitron said:

    If this happened and I were a Browns fan I would burn all my gear and find a new team. Seriously.

    You are one annoying fellow.

  • 19 and a 4th rounder, pull the trigger. Both 1st rounders? No way

  • I'd trade our second round pick, Manziel, and Haslam for Phillip Rivers, Maybe even throw in Josh Gordon

  • "I love the smell of smoke screens in the morning. Smells like............Victory!"

  • Tough call but I might. Five years as a contender would be good for business

  • 19 and thats it. He stated that he isnt going t rene his contract next year. So the ball is not in the Chargers court. If he doesnt agree to sign an extension, then F him. Rivers is an asshole, but would be the best qb we have had in a long time.

  • @vagitron said:

    If this happened and I were a Browns fan I would burn all my gear and find a new team. Seriously.

    You are one annoying fellow.

    @londonbrown said:

    You are one annoying fellow.

    If you'd trade the Browns two firsts this year for Rivers you are a dumb one. You don't trade two firsts for any franchise qb pushing mid 30's and Rivers sure as hell isn't the answer in Cleveland. The Browns would maybe be .500 with him under center. You've got a bunch of journeyman at wr, no proven tight end. Trading two firsts for Rivers would be absolutely mindless.
  • Rivers couldn't win with a hall of famer at rb and tight end. The chargers would probably jump at two firsts to send rivers somewhere.

  • Hall of famer at RB? What am I forgetting?

    Also, you think our record only improves by one win adding Phillip freaking Rivers? Wow.

  • Hall of famer at RB? What am I forgetting?

    Also, you think our record only improves by one win adding Phillip freaking Rivers? Wow.

    @wargograw said:

    Hall of famer at RB? What am I forgetting?

    Also, you think our record only improves by one win adding Phillip freaking Rivers? Wow.

    You trade those two firsts. There goes Shelton for example. You have who at receiver to draw coverage? Gordon can't stay on the field. Cameron is gone. You replaced him with housler who is an athletic freak of sorts but isn't an accomplished receiver. The Browns also play in a tough division. Sure he may equate to more than one win but he's not going to make the browns contenders. He may not even get the Browns to a divison title. If you ask me he's an overrated qb, that has never won anything. He throws for a lot of yards which gets him in pro bowls. He's a serial whiner as well. Tomlinson will be in the hall of fame, so will gates. I meant future hall of famers.
  • No. That is the kind of move a team that lacks only a QB would make. By the time the Browns could build a contender around him he'd hang up his spikes.

    On the other hand, with the success rate of the Browns number ones, maybe it is not a bad idea to just trade them away. At least you know what you're getting.

    And the Browns will probably have two good number one picks in 2016 as well.

  • No. That is the kind of move a team that lacks only a QB would make. By the time the Browns could build a contender around him he'd hang up his spikes.

    On the other hand, with the success rate of the Browns number ones, maybe it is not a bad idea to just trade them away. At least you know what you're getting.

    And the Browns will probably have two good number one picks in 2016 as well.

    @buck-the-frowns said:

    By the time the Browns could build a contender around him he'd hang up his spikes.

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers.

    http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

  • Columbus, when can we see that for this year? That's crazy that they predicted the Cowboys success off of an 8-8 year.

  • Columbus, when can we see that for this year? That's crazy that they predicted the Cowboys success off of an 8-8 year.

    @wargograw said:

    Columbus, when can we see that for this year? That's crazy that they predicted the Cowboys success off of an 8-8 year.

    Well I believe that is for teams on the upcoming year, notice how they left out Seattle and New England, the super bowl teams? Maybe they just didn't have time to analyze the 2014 teams.

  • @buck-the-frowns said:

    By the time the Browns could build a contender around him he'd hang up his spikes.

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers.

    http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

    @columbusking said:

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers. http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.
  • @columbusking said:

    I don't want to do the trade but from the looks of ESPN the Browns are closer to building a contender then the Stoolers. http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12179331/how-many-players-away-super-bowl-was-team

    So try and know more about the rival team if you are gonna come on their forum...

    Also Fuck the Steelers

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.

    @vagitron said:

    Any self respecting football fan can see right through this article that was written and posted smack in the middle of the offseason. It puts zero consideration in the pedigree and potential of players. If I rmemeber correctly it puts almost zero stock in guys like tuitt, Shazier and Jarvis Jones for example for the steelers. It was a shit article then and its a shit article now. If they put the steelers at the top I'd still be saying its a shit article. ESPN is also garbage. Edit: and I'm the king of Columbus.

    Does it put zero stock in them....or does it say that they are unproven...which is really what they are.

    Shazier and Jones in particular are as equally unproven as Barkevious Mingo and Christian Kirksey. (You wouldn't disagree with the assessment that Mingo and Kirksey are unproven would you?)

    Like I said, you have a tantrum if anyone doesn't think some Steeler player isn't Hall of Fame talent.