Skip to content

Cavs playoffs

The Cavs Board
146 23 11.1k
  • @baconhound said:

    Wanna dig this one back up. JR Smith isn't close to the same shooter Stephen Curry is and btw best player on the planet!

    Curry is perhaps the best pure shooter- ever.

    @nickers said:

    Stephon Curry has bigger balls than LeBron too.. isnt it a shame.. Cleveland always has the worst luck...as long as Curry breathes.. The Cadavers wont win jack shit.

    I'm not digging the Cavs grave this year- yet.

    I agree to the extent if Curry keeps on tossing in 40 footers like he did to beat the Thunder in OT, the Cavs won't have much chance- and neither will anyone else. Speaking of- that game was rigged. At the end of regulation (forgot who) dove right in to KD. Durant went straight up, and got called for a foul, pure BS.

    Curry may be great- but he's surrounded by a team that compliments him perfectly.

    @hoorta said:

    Curry is perhaps the best pure shooter- ever.

    Glad you are seeing the light 🙂

  • @hoorta said:

    Curry is perhaps the best pure shooter- ever.

    Glad you are seeing the light 🙂

    @baconhound said:

    Glad you are seeing the light 🙂

    Yup- shoots better than anyone else. Needs to keep it up for around another 5 years before I get impressed. He's not even in the top 250 all time in scoring- yet. I doubt he'll ever catch LeBron in rebounds or assists. BTW, LBJ passed Duncan tonight, and he's gonna pass Havlicek on Monday.

    Curry will need around another 10 seasons to get to 30,000 points, and I'd bet right now he won't get there. I'll put James as a mortal lock to get to that level.

  • @baconhound said:

    Glad you are seeing the light 🙂

    Yup- shoots better than anyone else. Needs to keep it up for around another 5 years before I get impressed. He's not even in the top 250 all time in scoring- yet. I doubt he'll ever catch LeBron in rebounds or assists. BTW, LBJ passed Duncan tonight, and he's gonna pass Havlicek on Monday.

    Curry will need around another 10 seasons to get to 30,000 points, and I'd bet right now he won't get there. I'll put James as a mortal lock to get to that level.

    @hoorta said:

    Yup- shoots better than anyone else. Needs to keep it up for around another 5 years before I get impressed. He's not even in the top 250 all time in scoring- yet. I doubt he'll ever catch LeBron in rebounds or assists. BTW, LBJ passed Duncan tonight, and he's gonna pass Havlicek on Monday.

    Curry will need around another 10 seasons to get to 30,000 points, and I'd bet right now he won't get there. I'll put James as a mortal lock to get to that level.

    Never thought Curry would have the career of Lebron. Curry's first 4 years were good but not great.

  • @hoorta said:

    Yup- shoots better than anyone else. Needs to keep it up for around another 5 years before I get impressed. He's not even in the top 250 all time in scoring- yet. I doubt he'll ever catch LeBron in rebounds or assists. BTW, LBJ passed Duncan tonight, and he's gonna pass Havlicek on Monday.

    Curry will need around another 10 seasons to get to 30,000 points, and I'd bet right now he won't get there. I'll put James as a mortal lock to get to that level.

    Never thought Curry would have the career of Lebron. Curry's first 4 years were good but not great.

    @baconhound said:

    Never thought Curry would have the career of Lebron. Curry's first 4 years were good but not great.

    Cavs fans take heart. The Warriors aren't invincible. The Los Angeles Fakers laid the biggest upset in NBA history on them.

  • So what do we currently think of the Cavs chances in the Playoffs after performances like this?

    https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-s-big-night-salvages-ot-win-for-poor-shooting-cavs-044349773.html

    Better than before, worse, the same?

  • So what do we currently think of the Cavs chances in the Playoffs after performances like this?

    https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-s-big-night-salvages-ot-win-for-poor-shooting-cavs-044349773.html

    Better than before, worse, the same?

    @tinythinker said:

    So what do we currently think of the Cavs chances in the Playoffs after performances like this?

    https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-s-big-night-salvages-ot-win-for-poor-shooting-cavs-044349773.html

    Better than before, worse, the same?

    Well, Frye is a definite upgrade over Varejao- BUT. (from that article)

    "That's not to say that the Cavs looked any more prepared to beat the eventual West champion in a seven-game series. Irving (5-of-23 FG) and Kevin Love (5-of-11 FG, nine of which were threes) struggled to get involved with any consistency and looked less integral to the team structure than role players Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith. Cleveland played well at the defensive end but shot only 39.8 percent."

    I may have to give Kyrie a pass because he's been dealing with a cold (sounded terrible in a post game interview after the Rockets loss) but 20% shooting isn't going to get it done. As usual, Love got abused on the defensive end. So in order to beat the Warriors (or anyone else) in the playoffs Irving and Love have to be firing on all cylinders to have a shot.

    I did watch a significant part of the Celtics- Warriors game, and kudos to Boston for winning. It got mentioned over on the Browns Forum by another poster- and I agree, the way to beat Golden State is not necessarily to shoot the lights out, but play great perimeter defense & make Thompson and Curry take contested shots. And I couldn't believe the looks on those Warrior's fans faces after they lost- they looked like their dog just died- or worse. Sheeze guys, you actually lost a game at home- it happens occasionally. GS gets knocked out of the playoffs, they had better post guards on the Golden Gate for suicide watch. Um- if the Lakers can beat the Warriors when they're having an off shooting night- anyone can. It's going to be a tall order for a team to hope they'll go flat in a seven game series- and they'll have home court over anyone who comes out of the East.

  • I believe the have will go to the finals but I don't like their chances against golden state or San Antonio

  • I believe the have will go to the finals but I don't like their chances against golden state or San Antonio

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I believe the have will go to the finals but I don't like their chances against golden state or San Antonio

    The NBA Championship will be decided in the Western Conference Finals barring injury or a miracle.

  • Hmmm...

    Suddenly, with just over a week left to play before the playoffs, they look tired, prone to mistakes, and vulnerable on their home floor.

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/wolves-push-warriors--pursuit-of-73-to-the-brink-with-comeback-win-060842474.html

    ''It was one of our most complete games of the season as far as offense and defense and having both of those for the whole game,'' Cavs coach Tyronn Lue.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/j-r-smith-scores-21-hot-shooting-cavs-021842328--nba.html#

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/j-r-smith-scores-21-hot-shooting-cavs-021842328--nba.html#

  • Hmmm...

    Suddenly, with just over a week left to play before the playoffs, they look tired, prone to mistakes, and vulnerable on their home floor.

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/wolves-push-warriors--pursuit-of-73-to-the-brink-with-comeback-win-060842474.html

    ''It was one of our most complete games of the season as far as offense and defense and having both of those for the whole game,'' Cavs coach Tyronn Lue.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/j-r-smith-scores-21-hot-shooting-cavs-021842328--nba.html#

    https://sports.yahoo.com/news/j-r-smith-scores-21-hot-shooting-cavs-021842328--nba.html#

    @tinythinker said:

    🙂 What I was saying...... You get LeBron being LeBron, and Love, Irving, JR, Frye firing on all cylinders- we'll see......... To paraphrase the World's Most Interesting Man "Stay healthy, my friends, stay healthy".

    That might have been the most dominant game the Cavs have played all year.

    Regarding the Warriors, I have to wonder if the pressure of winning 73 is getting to them. They need to go 4-0, or 3-1 to beat or tie the Bull's record. BTW, the last four games, they play the Spurs & Grizzlies twice each.

  • Cavs are done. Bulls game proved it. Playoffs are around the corner and the cavs are not even close to peaking. Cavs need to be able to beat teams like the bulls on pure scheme, almost be able to sleepwalk through the game. Everything is a fight....they wont hold up till the finals.

    Lebrons done too, legs are gone. If he gets steam going from the arc he can still freight train to the hoop but thats it. His finesse skills are completely gone. No legs. His lateral quickness has vanished

  • I didnt see the whole game but from what i saw jimmy butler was all over him like a cheap suit. In a 7 game series if they put butler on him full tome theyd nullify lebron except maybe when he brings the ball up.

  • Who will be Cavs first round opponent?

  • The Bulls didn't make the playoffs. The 1st round will be either Detoilet or Indiana.

    Also I don't think LeBron is done. He just scored 34 points on 13-16 shooting and he didn't even play in the forth quarter.

  • The Bulls didn't make the playoffs. The 1st round will be either Detoilet or Indiana.

    Also I don't think LeBron is done. He just scored 34 points on 13-16 shooting and he didn't even play in the forth quarter.

    @browns149 said:

    The Bulls didn't make the playoffs. The 1st round will be either Detoilet or Indiana.

    Also I don't think LeBron is done. He just scored 34 points on 13-16 shooting and he didn't even play in the forth quarter.

    I should clarify he's done against elite and sub elite opponents. He'll still score his points against the lesser teams but it's all brute force for him now. He looks like he's having a heck of a time getting off his own shot. I saw him resort to the nowitski knee up against Butler. That's bad.

  • @browns149 said:

    The Bulls didn't make the playoffs. The 1st round will be either Detoilet or Indiana.

    Also I don't think LeBron is done. He just scored 34 points on 13-16 shooting and he didn't even play in the forth quarter.

    I should clarify he's done against elite and sub elite opponents. He'll still score his points against the lesser teams but it's all brute force for him now. He looks like he's having a heck of a time getting off his own shot. I saw him resort to the nowitski knee up against Butler. That's bad.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I should clarify he's done against elite and sub elite opponents. He'll still score his points against the lesser teams but it's all brute force for him now. He looks like he's having a heck of a time getting off his own shot. I saw him resort to the nowitski knee up against Butler. That's bad.

    Lebron is a great player but he's in the twilight of his career. Playing around 1200 career games is the key number.

  • Cavs are done. Bulls game proved it. Playoffs are around the corner and the cavs are not even close to peaking. Cavs need to be able to beat teams like the bulls on pure scheme, almost be able to sleepwalk through the game. Everything is a fight....they wont hold up till the finals.

    Lebrons done too, legs are gone. If he gets steam going from the arc he can still freight train to the hoop but thats it. His finesse skills are completely gone. No legs. His lateral quickness has vanished

    @clevfan4life said:

    Cavs are done. Bulls game proved it. Playoffs are around the corner and the cavs are not even close to peaking. Cavs need to be able to beat teams like the bulls on pure scheme, almost be able to sleepwalk through the game. Everything is a fight....they wont hold up till the finals.

    Lebrons done too, legs are gone. If he gets steam going from the arc he can still freight train to the hoop but thats it. His finesse skills are completely gone. No legs. His lateral quickness has vanished

    If his legs are gone he's currently doing a great Charles Barkley imitation. You may have missed it but his 3 point jumper has returned.

    The Bulls game proved the Cavs Bench blew dead worms, like horrible. Irving was off too. You can't pin that loss on LeBron.

    @baconhound said:

    Lebron is a great player but he's in the twilight of his career. Playing around 1200 career games is the key number.

    In minutes played, LeBron just entered the top 40. Kobe is 200+ 48 minute games ahead of him. James may not be considered the greatest player in the NBA anymore- but fer sure, he's still in the top 5. He's probably got around 3 more years before Father Time seriously catches up with him.

  • had we retained wiggins Lebron could have played at a high level till he was 40. Oh well. In any case yeah I didn't see his jumpers returned. From what I've seen his arc is flat and he's barely coming off the ground. If he's getting some set shots in from the arc that's great but he's not gonna see those nor make many of em in the playoffs. He has to shoot a legit jump shot or he's done. If the cavs don't win this year and make an early exit, i'd tear it up. Maybe keep the big 3 but we need to get a guy in Cleveland that's basically Lebrons protégé. That should have been Wiggins but whatever we need a guy like that to come in and take serious minutes off Lebron till the playoffs for the rest of Lebrons career.

    Lebron has to get his legs back or it's going to be an ugly ugly end to the guys career. Kobe is a lighter guy so he was able to get by albeit not that well cause of those Achilles tears. If not for those injuries Kobe would probably still look a few steps slower right now but he'd still be considered among the best players in the game. But same thing with him in LA, they never got anybody to really take minutes off him.

  • had we retained wiggins Lebron could have played at a high level till he was 40. Oh well. In any case yeah I didn't see his jumpers returned. From what I've seen his arc is flat and he's barely coming off the ground. If he's getting some set shots in from the arc that's great but he's not gonna see those nor make many of em in the playoffs. He has to shoot a legit jump shot or he's done. If the cavs don't win this year and make an early exit, i'd tear it up. Maybe keep the big 3 but we need to get a guy in Cleveland that's basically Lebrons protégé. That should have been Wiggins but whatever we need a guy like that to come in and take serious minutes off Lebron till the playoffs for the rest of Lebrons career.

    Lebron has to get his legs back or it's going to be an ugly ugly end to the guys career. Kobe is a lighter guy so he was able to get by albeit not that well cause of those Achilles tears. If not for those injuries Kobe would probably still look a few steps slower right now but he'd still be considered among the best players in the game. But same thing with him in LA, they never got anybody to really take minutes off him.

    @clevfan4life said:

    had we retained wiggins Lebron could have played at a high level till he was 40. Oh well. In any case yeah I didn't see his jumpers returned. From what I've seen his arc is flat and he's barely coming off the ground. If he's getting some set shots in from the arc that's great but he's not gonna see those nor make many of em in the playoffs. He has to shoot a legit jump shot or he's done. If the cavs don't win this year and make an early exit, i'd tear it up. Maybe keep the big 3 but we need to get a guy in Cleveland that's basically Lebrons protégé. That should have been Wiggins but whatever we need a guy like that to come in and take serious minutes off Lebron till the playoffs for the rest of Lebrons career.

    Lebron has to get his legs back or it's going to be an ugly ugly end to the guys career. Kobe is a lighter guy so he was able to get by albeit not that well cause of those Achilles tears. If not for those injuries Kobe would probably still look a few steps slower right now but he'd still be considered among the best players in the game. But same thing with him in LA, they never got anybody to really take minutes off him.

    EDIT: Get his legs back? Care to bet me LeBron can still elevate a good two + feet over the rim?

    Not so much getting his legs back- (he still moves mighty fast in the open court) but the physical pounding his body is taking year in and year out with all those drives to the hoop. He gets positively mugged nearly every time. Looks like a rugby scrum. The older you get, the easier is is to get hurt. What's going to be LeBrons end is when he can't out quick defenders to the basket. MHO to have a shot in the Finals- assuming the Cavs even get there is- besides LeBron, the rest of the team has to show up. The talent is there, but the Cavs can't have Kyrie, Love, JR, and Frye tossing up bricks from beyond the arc. Most of Cleveland's recent losses are directly attributable to that.

    PS I'll still put my money on James to pass Kobe in career points.

  • LeBron James is the LEAST of the Cavs problems. They get atleast 1 day off after each game, and sometimes 2 days. The problem I see with the Cavs is Kyrie and Love both have games where they play like crap. Those 2 need to be more consistent and play to there potential, and the Cavs will make the finals without a problem.