Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Star Wars new trailer

Star Wars new trailer

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
21 Posts 6 Posters 796 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
    • 15k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #1



    Chills. Abrams did so much justice to Star Trek that I can't imagine this not being amazing.
    Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • gftChris gftChrisG
      • 13k Posts
      • 428 Reputation
      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Same. Loving it. Just the whole thing about "the force is strong in my family...my father, me, my sister...now you" is just spine tingling.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • WalterWhite WalterWhiteW
        • 3k Posts
        • 183 Reputation
        WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Kylo Ren looks badass and I love this little guy:

        photo-3-3jpg-c2d778_624w.jpg

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 125 Reputation
          OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Awesome. Gave me tingles and loved the star destroyer wreck. Hope it is more than just a setting but contains something important to the story.

          "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • T The Cysko Kid



            Chills. Abrams did so much justice to Star Trek that I can't imagine this not being amazing.
            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @the-cysko-kid said:

            Chills. Abrams did so much justice to Star Trek that I can't imagine this not being amazing.

            I have a different opinion. He did a lot of good....but he also screwed the pooch in several areas.

            gftChrisG T 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The GipperT The Gipper

              @the-cysko-kid said:

              Chills. Abrams did so much justice to Star Trek that I can't imagine this not being amazing.

              I have a different opinion. He did a lot of good....but he also screwed the pooch in several areas.

              gftChris gftChrisG
              • 13k Posts
              • 428 Reputation
              gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @the-gipper said:

              I have a different opinion. He did a lot of good....but he also screwed the pooch in several areas.

              I had no interest in the Star Trek franchise until he made it 'cool' - I imagine that pissed off a lot of old school trekkies. I can see a similar situation here, either he goes a whole new direction (pissing people off), or pays homage to the original trilogy (making them happy).

              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                #7

                I never thought there was enough of a historical foundation to start nitpicking some of the discrepancies in what some fans see as bedrock gospel. (like I would do with Lord of the Rings or Superman) I loved the first Star Trek movie Abrams did.

                As far as Star Wars, I never loved it enough to get really worked up by any of this new stuff but I do have some interest. I hear some people are Battlestar Galactica aficionados.

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • gftChrisG gftChris

                  @the-gipper said:

                  I have a different opinion. He did a lot of good....but he also screwed the pooch in several areas.

                  I had no interest in the Star Trek franchise until he made it 'cool' - I imagine that pissed off a lot of old school trekkies. I can see a similar situation here, either he goes a whole new direction (pissing people off), or pays homage to the original trilogy (making them happy).

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @gftchris said:

                  I had no interest in the Star Trek franchise until he made it 'cool' - I imagine that pissed off a lot of old school trekkies. I can see a similar situation here, either he goes a whole new direction (pissing people off), or pays homage to the original trilogy (making them happy).

                  Well, he destroyed Vulcan.....which was BS. He had Spock and Uhuru having a sexual relationship......and everyone knows that Vulcans are asexual except during ponfar when their blood boils.....and the only thing they can do is to have sex with another Vulcan....as a human woman couldn't handle the sexual acts that a Vulcan performs under Ponfar.

                  And, minor.....the casting of Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan Noonian Singh was all wrong. I love Benedict....but he is a pasty white English boy. Khan needed to be either of Indian/Sikh descent.....or close enough.....like Hispanic ala Ricardo Montalban.

                  Some of this was as bad as making Mr. Phelps the bad guy in Mission: Impossible. To help Steve understand....that is like someone making a version of LOTR where Gandalf is in league with Sauron and Saruman.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • The GipperT The Gipper

                    @the-cysko-kid said:

                    Chills. Abrams did so much justice to Star Trek that I can't imagine this not being amazing.

                    I have a different opinion. He did a lot of good....but he also screwed the pooch in several areas.

                    The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                    • 15k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @the-gipper said:

                    I have a different opinion. He did a lot of good....but he also screwed the pooch in several areas.

                    He did the best star trek movies ever made by a wide, wide margin.

                    Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                    The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                      • 39k Posts
                      • 9k Reputation
                      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I'm with you on the destruction of Vulcan but Spock being half human could easily slide off the rail. That had been brought up in the TV series a few times.

                      As had been stated before he often struggled to keep his human side submerged.

                      WSS

                      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                        • 39k Posts
                        • 9k Reputation
                        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Worse yet making Paul Sorvino's Pat Chambers the bad guy in I THE JURY opposite Armand Assante's Mike Hammer.

                        WSS

                        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • T The Cysko Kid

                          @the-gipper said:

                          I have a different opinion. He did a lot of good....but he also screwed the pooch in several areas.

                          He did the best star trek movies ever made by a wide, wide margin.

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @the-cysko-kid said:

                          He did the best star trek movies ever made by a wide, wide margin.

                          Ah.....No

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                            • 15k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Yeah.

                            Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                              • 15k Posts
                              • 2k Reputation
                              T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I know some of you old coots liked the wrath of khan but it was not that good.

                              Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • T The Cysko Kid

                                I know some of you old coots liked the wrath of khan but it was not that good.

                                The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                • 57k Posts
                                • 4k Reputation
                                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @the-cysko-kid said:

                                I know some of you old coots liked the wrath of khan but it was not that good.

                                Like the guy in the movie said, that's like just your opinion, man.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                  • 15k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  And it's just your opinion that Abrams' weren't the best. Abrams took a cheeseball franchise and made it awesome.

                                  Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                                  The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • T The Cysko Kid

                                    And it's just your opinion that Abrams' weren't the best. Abrams took a cheeseball franchise and made it awesome.

                                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                    • 57k Posts
                                    • 4k Reputation
                                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @the-cysko-kid said:

                                    And it's just your opinion that Abrams' weren't the best. Abrams took a cheeseball franchise and made it awesome.

                                    Or vice versa

                                    gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • The GipperT The Gipper

                                      @the-cysko-kid said:

                                      And it's just your opinion that Abrams' weren't the best. Abrams took a cheeseball franchise and made it awesome.

                                      Or vice versa

                                      gftChris gftChrisG
                                      • 13k Posts
                                      • 428 Reputation
                                      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @the-gipper said:

                                      Or vice versa

                                      You really hate not getting the last word, don't you...

                                      W 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • gftChrisG gftChris

                                        @the-gipper said:

                                        Or vice versa

                                        You really hate not getting the last word, don't you...

                                        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                        • 39k Posts
                                        • 9k Reputation
                                        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @gftchris said:

                                        You really hate not getting the last word, don't you...

                                        I was going to say so did you but even before I hit send I realized I was now the holder of the hot potato... Damn!

                                        WSS

                                        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                          • 15k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Back on topic this looks at first glance to be about 100x better than the awful boring prequels. To be honest, other than "empire" I was never that sold on the original Trilogy despite having seen them incessantly through childhood. I trust Abrams to deliver a solid product based on his reworking of star trek which was very well received except for some guys like Gipper who just can't let go of the past on certain things.

                                          Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate