Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Oscar Redux

Oscar Redux

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
1 Posts 1 Posters 931 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #1

    Oscar Redux

    So the Oscars are yesterday’s news, literally.

    Rather than spend time gloating I guess I’ll kick myself for being too much of a wuss to drop a C note on the trifecta (or whatever they call it with five).

    No real surprises happened despite a couple of curious snubs, namely Eastwood’s GRAN TORINO and DARK KNIGHT. Even though I liked those (as well as THE WRESTLER) better than the ones that made the cut I can’t pick a truly unworthy entry.

    A few things surprised me and a few things didn’t but I can’t think of a shocker.

    A few observations:

    Sorry but I don’t get the landslide for SLUMDOG especially the best song win. That Bollywood stuff is pretty grating.

    Frank Langella’s NIXON was the best acting on the board, but politics gave Sean Penn the win. Penn’s an above average actor but a world class A-hole.

    Speaking of politics even though WALL-E was a visual masterpiece I think it was the ham handed environmental “message” that got the win. I liked BOLT a whole lot better.

    You gotta love Ben Stiller’s take on Joaquin Phoenix.

    Rumor has it that Demi Moore spent the evening patrolling the party she and Madonna hosted with a bouncer to eject anybody not on the guest list. I wonder If Penn and Bruce Willis tried to crash?

    All in all the Academy did better than last years all time ratings low, though I can’t really imagine why.

    And there was no Michael Moore, Al Gore or Keanu Reeves in sight.

    That’s a good thing.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply

    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

    Register Login
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes


    Theme
    • System
    • Light
    • Dark
    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

    • First post
      Last post
    0
    • Forums
    • Recent
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Donate