Skip to content

Free Agent Signing Thread

The Browns Board
144 37 8.2k
  • Nate Washington to the Titans.

    6 years/ 27 Million

    @snatch98 said:

    Nate Washington to the Titans.

    6 years/ 27 Million

    I've always told myself that I would rather have two $4 million receivers instead of one $8 million Braylon. Nate got a bit over $4m per year, but think about it...Two Nates or one Braylon...

    -Al

  • Derrick Ward signs with the Bucs.

  • Sounds like the Titans Chris Carr is next to come to Cleveland.

  • @snatch98 said:

    Nate Washington to the Titans.

    6 years/ 27 Million

    I've always told myself that I would rather have two $4 million receivers instead of one $8 million Braylon. Nate got a bit over $4m per year, but think about it...Two Nates or one Braylon...

    -Al

    @geech said:

    I've always told myself that I would rather have two $4 million receivers instead of one $8 million Braylon. Nate got a bit over $4m per year, but think about it...Two Nates or one Braylon...

    -Al

    FYI Steelers fans hated Washington and claimed he was the weak link on their team. I'd rather have one superstar with drop problems than a guy from a superbowl team who the fans cant wait to get rid of.

  • Jim Leonhard to sign with the Jets.

    EDIT: Scratch that - the Broncos are making a run at the pint-sized safety.

  • Vonnie Holliday was released by the Dolphins.

    He's 33 but is coming off a solid year (46 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 3 TFL's). He played RE in Miami's 3-4, which is Robaire Smith's spot.

    Considering Robaire is coming an Achilles injury and the 3-4 DE class is weak this year, it may be wise to sign Holliday as a short-term option.

    Aloysius said:

    Vonnie Holliday was released by the Dolphins.

    He's 33 but is coming off a solid year (46 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 3 TFL's). He played RE in Miami's 3-4, which is Robaire Smith's spot.

    Considering Robaire is coming an Achilles injury and the 3-4 DE class is weak this year, it may be wise to sign Holliday as a short-term option.

    Mosley is coming in but he is a backup at best, you still need someone if Robaire Smith can't come back 100%. So, I agree, we need to look at depth at DE. I'd hate to rely on S. Smith to be in our DE rotation.

  • Jim Leonhard to sign with the Jets.

    EDIT: Scratch that - the Broncos are making a run at the pint-sized safety.

    Aloysius said:

    Jim Leonhard to sign with the Jets.

    EDIT: Scratch that - the Broncos are making a run at the pint-sized safety.

    pint-sized safety who tackles better than anyone on our defense.

    guy has heart

  • Aloysius said:

    Jim Leonhard to sign with the Jets.

    EDIT: Scratch that - the Broncos are making a run at the pint-sized safety.

    pint-sized safety who tackles better than anyone on our defense.

    guy has heart

    Chickenwang said:

    pint-sized safety who tackles better than anyone on our defense.

    guy has heart

    Ryan is taking all of the good/young players he can pry from baltimore. I think the jets are going to come out swinging...

  • Yep, Leonhard's a Jet.

    And with Leonhard signed, I expect we'll start hearing more about Sean Jones's future soon.

  • Kurt Warner wants to stick with the Cardinals. He's also willing to take less money to ensure that they keep Boldin.

    apparently, he likes winning football games.

  • Benson back to the Bengals, 2 years, 7 mill

  • Benson back to the Bengals, 2 years, 7 mill

    @mole644 said:

    Benson back to the Bengals, 2 years, 7 mill

    and 3 more stolen bags.

  • Greg Lewis traded to Pats???? Seems very odd......Also shawn springs going to NE....there they go again signing aged vets and going to the playoffs year in and year out! Fred T...great pickup for them as well!

  • Greg Lewis traded to Pats???? Seems very odd......Also shawn springs going to NE....there they go again signing aged vets and going to the playoffs year in and year out! Fred T...great pickup for them as well!

    @solon16 said:

    Greg Lewis traded to Pats???? Seems very odd......Also shawn springs going to NE....there they go again signing aged vets and going to the playoffs year in and year out! Fred T...great pickup for them as well!

    And Springs is going there to play safety.

  • Jermaine Phillips re-ups with the Bucs.

  • @solon16 said:

    Greg Lewis traded to Pats???? Seems very odd......Also shawn springs going to NE....there they go again signing aged vets and going to the playoffs year in and year out! Fred T...great pickup for them as well!

    And Springs is going there to play safety.

    oldcow1945 said:

    And Springs is going there to play safety.

    He's playing corner. Read it many places.

  • Why can't we bring in Chris McAlister to play safety???

  • Wow - 6 pages of free agent signings! The Browns front office must have been on fire. I'm just catching up now.

    Good for you guys! I'm sure all of these new players will be an improvement over last year's team.

    Seriously, with so many needs on the Browns I'm a bit shocked that there's been next to NO action by the Browns front office. There were lots of guys available who would have been big improvements to the team. I have to assume they WANTED certain players but struck out.

    But that being said, its 1 week into free agency. Yes, with a team as bad as the Browns you'd expect them to be shopping early - but there's still plenty of good middle class players yet to be signed by anyone. That type of depth winds up being VERY important in the long run.

    The lack of action tells me that the Browns are in for another tough season - but if they play their cards right with trades and signing quality middle class players who begin to learn the system, by 2010 there might be a good foundation to build upon.

  • Wow - 6 pages of free agent signings! The Browns front office must have been on fire. I'm just catching up now.

    Good for you guys! I'm sure all of these new players will be an improvement over last year's team.

    Seriously, with so many needs on the Browns I'm a bit shocked that there's been next to NO action by the Browns front office. There were lots of guys available who would have been big improvements to the team. I have to assume they WANTED certain players but struck out.

    But that being said, its 1 week into free agency. Yes, with a team as bad as the Browns you'd expect them to be shopping early - but there's still plenty of good middle class players yet to be signed by anyone. That type of depth winds up being VERY important in the long run.

    The lack of action tells me that the Browns are in for another tough season - but if they play their cards right with trades and signing quality middle class players who begin to learn the system, by 2010 there might be a good foundation to build upon.

    @joesixpat said:

    Wow - 6 pages of free agent signings! The Browns front office must have been on fire. I'm just catching up now.

    Good for you guys! I'm sure all of these new players will be an improvement over last year's team.

    Seriously, with so many needs on the Browns I'm a bit shocked that there's been next to NO action by the Browns front office. There were lots of guys available who would have been big improvements to the team. I have to assume they WANTED certain players but struck out.

    But that being said, its 1 week into free agency. Yes, with a team as bad as the Browns you'd expect them to be shopping early - but there's still plenty of good middle class players yet to be signed by anyone. That type of depth winds up being VERY important in the long run.

    The lack of action tells me that the Browns are in for another tough season - but if they play their cards right with trades and signing quality middle class players who begin to learn the system, by 2010 there might be a good foundation to build upon.

    You being here tells me your mom must be out to bingo tonight. Remember to sign off by 9:00.

    What a troll.....................................

  • Was talking to a good friend today, and Eagles fan. Says Sean Jones will be in tomorrow, and after losing Dawkins, he's really excited to hear that.