Skip to content

Are the Browns Getting Lito Shepphard?

The Browns Board
9 8 920
  • http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Lit...e_Browns/519790

    Look for Andy Reid to Trade Lito Shepphard and a 5th round draft pick to Cleveland for the Fifth pick in the NFL 2009 Draft. The Browns are desparate for a corner back and instead of grooming one over the next two seasons they will make this trade happen. I look for the Eagles to then select either one of the two Smith boys, Andre Smith from Alabama, or Jason Smith from Baylor. Source... wishes to remain anonymous so I will respect their wishes.

    I know that this is only a rumor, but what do you guys think if this trade where to go down? If the browns can trade somehow for another 1st round, or a couple of 2nd round picks i'd be all for it.

  • isn't Andre Smith the guy that showed up fat at the combine and left?

    if so.... i wouldn't trust this writer's instinct.

  • The Eagles just signed Stacy Andrews which means this rumor is pretty much blown out of the water.

  • Maybe if the deal was : Lito Shepphard and Phili's 1st round pick and 5th round Pick for our Number 1 Pick (5 overall) then I can see this happening. But Shepphard isn't worth a number one, much less the number 5 pick overall.

  • Thats far fetched, this guy actually thinks the Eagles can get the number 5 pick for their 4th cornerback and a 5th rounder? Not happening, a third or a low 2nd is the most they will get, maybe from the Saints...

  • Actually we dont "desperately" need a CB we do desperately need an OLB and a good solid safety and if rogers goes we will desperately need a NT..we also desperately need a C and some WR talent...so i would say this is just a rumor..😉

    History says if we cant talk rogers down and we force rogers to stay expect him not to be a factor on our defense..

  • I'd stab someone if that writer's pathetic musing ended up being accurate.

  • Lito and a 5th round pick for the 5th overall! 😆

    The only way I could see this being true was if the Brown's and Eagles swapped 1st round picks, the Browns pick up a 5th and got Sheppard as well. Even then the Browns would be crazy to do that since the Eagles 1st rounder is so low.

    This comes from an Eagle fan with an over active imagination. I know it was reported last year that the Eagles wanted a 1st or high 2nd rounder for him. I'm sure they realize that they are not getting that for him now.

  • Plus, Lito is their freaking Dime corner at this point, behind Asante Samuel, Sheldon Brown and Joselio Hanson. They'll take anything they could get for him.