Skip to content

WINSLOW TRADED!!

The Browns Board
316 76 18.8k
  • I must say in general, I prefer workman-like tight ends over drama queens. Nothing we can do but see how it plays out.

    But, I won't miss the "nobody called to check on me" hurt feelings drama.

  • @beefjerky said:

    well, this makes the pain much less worse than a 3rd and 7th, at least there is a good chance we can get someone good in the 2nd round.

    that being said, im still pissed off and nothing good will probably come out of this.

    Jasper Brinkley and shonn Green....that would be good!

    @solon16 said:

    Jasper Brinkley and shonn Green....that would be good!

    @beefjerky said:

    I've actually been a fan of shonn greene because my friend plays for the hawkeyes, he said he has great work ethic and is a smart player, greene also didnt have a game last college football season under 100 yards.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160849

    that being said, I think someone will swipe him up before us, at least currently.

    @solon16 said:

    Shonn Green will be there at #50. JMO

    we'll see, if we could get him at #50 that would be an absolute steal, I think it's worth it to spend the first 2nd rounder on him.

    as for a side note, my friend has a 20% chance of getting drafted into the NFL(the friend who plays on the hawkeyes), but I don't think he will.

  • @wpb-dawg-fan said:

    We now have the following 1st Day:

    Rd 1: #5

    Rd 2: #37

    Rd 2: #50

    That is a pretty nice first day. If we can add another 2nd for DA...this can go a long way to shoring up this team.

    Did the picks suddenly become disclosed?

    @thaak said:

    Did the picks suddenly become disclosed?

    Schefter said (Unconfirmed)...2nd this year 5th next year...

    He pretty accurate

  • @thaak said:

    Did the picks suddenly become disclosed?

    Schefter said (Unconfirmed)...2nd this year 5th next year...

    He pretty accurate

    @solon16 said:

    Schefter said (Unconfirmed)...2nd this year 5th next year...

    He pretty accurate

    where do you find info on schefter

  • @next2nothing said:

    I'm kind of a little heated right now so I'm talking without thinking about it.

    I like the #2nd round pick but I wish they would have pushed for 2 picks THIS draft instead of one this year than one next year.

    No one knows if its even a 2nd yet, or if the 5(is it a fifth?) is next year.

    We'll find out soon enough....

    AdaM said:

    No one knows if its even a 2nd yet, or if the 5(is it a fifth?) is next year.

    We'll find out soon enough....

    True, but Schefter is usually right on the money.

  • Tampa radio saying we got a 3rd and 7th what a crock mankok is stupid lets give braylon away for a 7th if we can that is...

    @gips said:

    Tampa radio saying we got a 3rd and 7th what a crock mankok is stupid lets give braylon away for a 7th if we can that is...

    If this is the case, I will begin protesting for the firing of Mankok!

  • @solon16 said:

    Schefter said (Unconfirmed)...2nd this year 5th next year...

    He pretty accurate

    where do you find info on schefter

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    where do you find info on schefter

    I'm watching the NFL network...he said it half hour ago

  • Our offense is going to be a dead duck this year guys..we need to get rid of butterfingers now before his value drops even more...

    Heiden is old and injury bait..

    Rucker who knows he didnt overly impress me

    Dinkins?muhahahaha!

    Butterfingers

    Stallsalot

    Steeltoe

    No handzors sanders

    What a mess...

    Quarterbacking this group is like saying..hi i want to have a really bad qb rating..its like being the captain of the titanic only you know you are going to sink before you sail...

    @gips said:

    Our offense is going to be a dead duck this year guys..we need to get rid of butterfingers now before his value drops even more...

    Heiden is old and injury bait..

    Rucker who knows he didnt overly impress me

    Dinkins?muhahahaha!

    Butterfingers

    Stallsalot

    Steeltoe

    No handzors sanders

    What a mess...

    Quarterbacking this group is like saying..hi i want to have a really bad qb rating..its like being the captain of the titanic only you know you are going to sink before you sail...

    wow. do you like Winslow at least?

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    where do you find info on schefter

    I'm watching the NFL network...he said it half hour ago

    @solon16 said:

    I'm watching the NFL network...he said it half hour ago

    NFL.com shefters blog...

  • Wow some pretty shocking stuff.

    Not sure how to feel about this one yet. I do think Winslow was a strong part of our offense but I have always felt he wouldn't last much longer with his injury history. Hopefully we can get some good value out of the picks we obtained for him. This is after all a very talented draft. Guess I'll have to go find a new Browns jersey (might just wanna wait till start of the season seeing as our team could have a completely different look in a couple of months)

  • Screw it, let's gut this thing. Get what you can for Rogers and DA and stockpile the shit out of first day picks. Then, take the money saved on the cap and shore up some guys in FA.

    That would be making a pretty loud entrance for Kokinis. I just don't see how gaining multiple picks can hurt this team. While we're at it, Edwards could go too as long as he's replaced with someone like Coles at a lesser cost.

  • Wow some pretty shocking stuff.

    Not sure how to feel about this one yet. I do think Winslow was a strong part of our offense but I have always felt he wouldn't last much longer with his injury history. Hopefully we can get some good value out of the picks we obtained for him. This is after all a very talented draft. Guess I'll have to go find a new Browns jersey (might just wanna wait till start of the season seeing as our team could have a completely different look in a couple of months)

    @floridabrownsfan said:

    Wow some pretty shocking stuff.

    Not sure how to feel about this one yet. I do think Winslow was a strong part of our offense but I have always felt he wouldn't last much longer with his injury history. Hopefully we can get some good value out of the picks we obtained for him. This is after all a very talented draft. Guess I'll have to go find a new Browns jersey (might just wanna wait till start of the season seeing as our team could have a completely different look in a couple of months)

    Get a Joe Thomas jersey...he ain't going nowhere!!!

  • Screw it, let's gut this thing. Get what you can for Rogers and DA and stockpile the shit out of first day picks. Then, take the money saved on the cap and shore up some guys in FA.

    That would be making a pretty loud entrance for Kokinis. I just don't see how gaining multiple picks can hurt this team. While we're at it, Edwards could go too as long as he's replaced with someone like Coles at a lesser cost.

    @riffer-x said:

    Screw it, let's gut this thing. Get what you can for Rogers and DA and stockpile the shit out of first day picks. Then, take the money saved on the cap and shore up some guys in FA.

    That would be making a pretty loud entrance for Kokinis. I just don't see how gaining multiple picks can hurt this team. While we're at it, Edwards could go too as long as he's replaced with someone like Coles at a lesser cost.

    Don't need a total gut...but agreed ...Rogers (back to the NFC), DA and Edwards...Cya! Edwards isn't going to be a Brown after next year anyway...that's a guarantee!

  • I am now starting to think that MANKOK has really jumped the gun on this deal, surely there is plenty of teams in the NFL who would have offered a better deal than that. was today the first day teams could do trades?

  • I am now starting to think that MANKOK has really jumped the gun on this deal, surely there is plenty of teams in the NFL who would have offered a better deal than that. was today the first day teams could do trades?

    @beefjerky said:

    I am now starting to think that MANKOK has really jumped the gun on this deal, surely there is plenty of teams in the NFL who would have offered a better deal than that. was today the first day teams could do trades?

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

  • @beefjerky said:

    I am now starting to think that MANKOK has really jumped the gun on this deal, surely there is plenty of teams in the NFL who would have offered a better deal than that. was today the first day teams could do trades?

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

    AdaM said:

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

  • @floridabrownsfan said:

    Wow some pretty shocking stuff.

    Not sure how to feel about this one yet. I do think Winslow was a strong part of our offense but I have always felt he wouldn't last much longer with his injury history. Hopefully we can get some good value out of the picks we obtained for him. This is after all a very talented draft. Guess I'll have to go find a new Browns jersey (might just wanna wait till start of the season seeing as our team could have a completely different look in a couple of months)

    Get a Joe Thomas jersey...he ain't going nowhere!!!

    @solon16 said:

    Get a Joe Thomas jersey...he ain't going nowhere!!!

    lol well u never know with ManKok!

    I actually just read on another forum that supposedly it was for a 2nd + 3rd, but there was no confirmed evidence of this. But if it is true, then man we got a pretty good deal

  • @solon16 said:

    I am on the fence...depends what K2 does over the next two years. On the face I'd have liked a #2 this year and #3 next...I think that would have been a fair deal.

    I'm kind of a little heated right now so I'm talking without thinking about it.

    I like the #2nd round pick but I wish they would have pushed for 2 picks THIS draft instead of one this year than one next year.

    @next2nothing said:

    I'm kind of a little heated right now so I'm talking without thinking about it.

    I like the #2nd round pick but I wish they would have pushed for 2 picks THIS draft instead of one this year than one next year.

    I don't mind next year...I really mind a 5th rounder...think we could have gotten a third next year!

  • AdaM said:

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

    @beefjerky said:

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

    It wasn't the first day teams could talk about them. Just execute them. Teams also had to have the cap space, which TB just cleared a ton of.

  • AdaM said:

    Dude... just read for a while.

    GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

    @beefjerky said:

    umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

    GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

    yep, first day. feb 27: free agency begins, trading period begins.