WINSLOW TRADED!!
-
When you say "undisclosed picks" that usually means "there's no first-rounder."
Make no mistake about it - we're dumping this talented cancer.
The Giants NEVER missed Shockey and the Saints didn't improve when he arrived. Sometimes you gotta look at a kid's wear and tear.
The ONLY team with more than 8 wins that we've beaten in the last 2 years besides Seattle was the NY Giants on a night Winslow didn't play. Kind of NICE being less predictable.
Old Cow and I had an interesting discussion where I said ALOT of teams didn't even perceive Winslow as a TE inspite of the 3 point stance. He's NEVER going to set the edge blocking and he's basically running routes in the areas slot receivers dwell. The problem with Winslow is he's losing steps and lower torse explosion with every surgery and staph infection. He's NOT the same kid he was on draft day because that's physically impossible.
I WILL say I liked his work ethic and I appreciated how much the kid REALLY wanted to win. There were some admirabilities; but I'm THRILLED we're thinking upside from the top of our organization.
- Tom F.
The Giants NEVER missed Shockey and the Saints didn't improve when he arrived. Sometimes you gotta look at a kid's wear and tear.
some good food there Tom, thanks.The ONLY team with more than 8 wins that we've beaten in the last 2 years besides Seattle was the NY Giants on a night Winslow didn't play. Kind of NICE being less predictable.
Old Cow and I had an interesting discussion where I said ALOT of teams didn't even perceive Winslow as a TE inspite of the 3 point stance. He's NEVER going to set the edge blocking and he's basically running routes in the areas slot receivers dwell. The problem with Winslow is he's losing steps and lower torse explosion with every surgery and staph infection. He's NOT the same kid he was on draft day because that's physically impossible.
I WILL say I liked his work ethic and I appreciated how much the kid REALLY wanted to win. There were some admirabilities; but I'm THRILLED we're thinking upside from the top of our organization.
- Tom F.
i try to view it from Kokinis' perspective, he had to prepare the Ravens for the Browns. imagine if they never really perceived him as much of a threat as we do. he played against him afterall, he would know his value pretty well.
-
Given the grand scheme of things and the whole package Winslow came with and what he did as a Browns player on and off the feild.
I still concur him a punk with little respect for the game or organization that pays him millions. Good Bye and Good riddance is putting it kindly.
Just a side note- his last staph infection was his own doing.
He gave him self a staph infection? Seriously? Dude, you need to look up staph infections. They are common and happen all the time.
Again, what makes him a punk w/ little respect for the game? Give some examples here will ya? Playing hurt, giving it your all on every down, and wanting to win is respecting the game.
Masters said:
He gave him self a staph infection? Seriously? Dude, you need to look up staph infections. They are common and happen all the time.Again, what makes him a punk w/ little respect for the game? Give some examples here will ya? Playing hurt, giving it your all on every down, and wanting to win is respecting the game.
let's just say the staph was from a 'peircing'
i know the bike accident was awhile ago but the whining in the hospital, the request for more $$, They all drop passes but there is one drop that cost us a game this year, playing hurt thats his own doing also well 50% of it. there are plenty of punks who can play great ball.
-
Wow. I'm pretty floored. I for one will miss K2. This was a big move, lets hope it's not the last.
*ahem*
-
@shepwrite said:
They're freaking tight ends. The Giants won it all AFTER Shockey. Tony Gonzales never won anything. Witten's never won a playoff game.They're tight ends, not quarterbacks. I hated that draft pick so much... a tight end at #7? Hell, Witten was a 2nd round pick!
I'm not even sure who the Cardinals' TE is. I know the Steelers have Heath Miller but he ain't playing in Honolulu or anything.
I have posted the same thing before. Name me a PREMIER TE that took his team to the SB Victory. Please.
I have posted the same thing before. Name me a PREMIER TE that took his team to the SB Victory. Please.
shannon sharpe?
i get it tho.
-
I'd have no problem with that trade unlike this one. Lewis needs to go he's washed up. The guy was in the top 5 in carries in the NFL last year yet had one of the worst yards per carry AVG in the NFL. He's a bum unlike Winslow..
and he ran against the steelers and ravens 4X. you underestimate the AFCN.
and he ran against the steelers and ravens 4X. you underestimate the AFCN.
So did Cedric Benson and he did fairly well. And I think Benson is a bum so whats that say about Lewis? Lewis was at one time a great RB, he is no longer that great RB!
-
Just a side note- his last staph infection was his own doing.
are you referring to the genital-piercing again? can you provide a link?
are you referring to the genital-piercing again? can you provide a link?
that would breach the patient confidentially act. oops
-
Masters said:
He gave him self a staph infection? Seriously? Dude, you need to look up staph infections. They are common and happen all the time.Again, what makes him a punk w/ little respect for the game? Give some examples here will ya? Playing hurt, giving it your all on every down, and wanting to win is respecting the game.
let's just say the staph was from a 'peircing'
i know the bike accident was awhile ago but the whining in the hospital, the request for more $$, They all drop passes but there is one drop that cost us a game this year, playing hurt thats his own doing also well 50% of it. there are plenty of punks who can play great ball.
let's just say the staph was from a 'peircing'
i know the bike accident was awhile ago but the whining in the hospital, the request for more $$, They all drop passes but there is one drop that cost us a game this year, playing hurt thats his own doing also well 50% of it. there are plenty of punks who can play great ball.
Yet to see one thing that makes him a punk there. The hospital thing was being a bit of a baby, sure. Asking for money, I can rattle off a ton of guys in the NFL doing that. The drop pass you mentioned, which was DEN, he was the first to step up and say it was all his fault. Not exactly a punk move by doing that. He dropped very few, and most, like BE, came from developing gator arms from getting creamed constatly because of DA's bad throws.
Holding his action from 3 years ago against him is just silly imo.
As to the piercing, that is rumor and inuedo.
-
are you referring to the genital-piercing again? can you provide a link?
that would breach the patient confidentially act. oops
that would breach the patient confidentially act. oops
And the Too Much Information Act, as well.
-
let's just say the staph was from a 'peircing'
i know the bike accident was awhile ago but the whining in the hospital, the request for more $$, They all drop passes but there is one drop that cost us a game this year, playing hurt thats his own doing also well 50% of it. there are plenty of punks who can play great ball.
Yet to see one thing that makes him a punk there. The hospital thing was being a bit of a baby, sure. Asking for money, I can rattle off a ton of guys in the NFL doing that. The drop pass you mentioned, which was DEN, he was the first to step up and say it was all his fault. Not exactly a punk move by doing that. He dropped very few, and most, like BE, came from developing gator arms from getting creamed constatly because of DA's bad throws.
Holding his action from 3 years ago against him is just silly imo.
As to the piercing, that is rumor and inuedo.
Masters said:
Yet to see one thing that makes him a punk there. The hospital thing was being a bit of a baby, sure. Asking for money, I can rattle off a ton of guys in the NFL doing that. The drop pass you mentioned, which was DEN, he was the first to step up and say it was all his fault. Not exactly a punk move by doing that. He dropped very few, and most, like BE, came from developing gator arms from getting creamed constatly because of DA's bad throws.Holding his action from 3 years ago against him is just silly imo.
As to the piercing, that is rumor and inuedo.
Oh fine!!
You've convinced me. He is a fine gentleman and will be missed dearly. Good Luck K2!! Break a Leg!!
-
Aloysius said:
Yeah, SI is reporting that we got a '09 2nd and a '10 5th.Shockey had set the market last year its the same exact deal the Saints gave the Giants, except If Tampa gets their QB situation straightened out Kellen will have close to or more than a 1,000 yard season unlike Shockey's miserable season(no TD's and 483 yds). Lets hope there is an incentive deal in next years pick to move it up based on Kellens performance. I'm still sick about this whole thing!
-
that would breach the patient confidentially act. oops
And the Too Much Information Act, as well.
mz. said:
And the Too Much Information Act, as well.Bottom line is we are losing a pro bowl player who has talent, not arguing that.
I hope we can get young talent with his picks, until then the pick is in Tampa's favor.
-
and he ran against the steelers and ravens 4X. you underestimate the AFCN.
So did Cedric Benson and he did fairly well. And I think Benson is a bum so whats that say about Lewis? Lewis was at one time a great RB, he is no longer that great RB!
-
So what's usually available in the 5th round besides Waterboys and Cheerleaders?
-
So what's usually available in the 5th round besides Waterboys and Cheerleaders?
So what's usually available in the 5th round besides Waterboys and Cheerleaders?
32 players who were drafted ahead of Tom Brady?
-
Yea I think he's serviceable. But I did notice that he did go down ALOT easier last year then in 07. Which means his legs are getting old. Which why his yards per carry went WAY down. He had ZERO, count it ZERO 100 yard games in 08 and only ONE game over 90 yards (on the last game of the season when the Stoolers had their 2nd team in).
Face it people we need to stop playing favorites and do what is best for the Browns.
i'm fine w/ serviceable KFP. that's a compliment to a 28.75 year-old back w/ 10,000 miles on his tires.
but recall he dropped down to 235lbs for 2008. back in the 245-250lb range he should regain '07 form.
i'm fine w/ serviceable KFP. that's a compliment to a 28.75 year-old back w/ 10,000 miles on his tires.
but recall he dropped down to 235lbs for 2008. back in the 245-250lb range he should regain '07 form.
Jamal will be 30 in Aug and has alot of wear and tear. There have only been a handful of RB's to continually play at a high level in their 30's I think you may be the only one in the world that thinks he's going to rush for 1,300 yards have 9 TD's and a 4.4 ypc avg like in 07. Give me a break! He's a situational short yardage back at best that is not worth paying 6.5 mil to next year. So If they can't restructure his contract he needs to be released.
I should of woke up this morning reading that we cut Lewis because he wouldn't restructure his contract rather than read that we traded one of our best players!
BULL$HIT!
-
@shepwrite said:
They're freaking tight ends. The Giants won it all AFTER Shockey. Tony Gonzales never won anything. Witten's never won a playoff game.They're tight ends, not quarterbacks. I hated that draft pick so much... a tight end at #7? Hell, Witten was a 2nd round pick!
I'm not even sure who the Cardinals' TE is. I know the Steelers have Heath Miller but he ain't playing in Honolulu or anything.
I have posted the same thing before. Name me a PREMIER TE that took his team to the SB Victory. Please.
I have posted the same thing before. Name me a PREMIER TE that took his team to the SB Victory. Please.
How bout Dallas Clark for starters or what about Shannon Sharpe he won three supper bowls and was a huge asset to both the Broncos and the Ravens in their SB wins. Come on guys that is a cop out!
-
So what's usually available in the 5th round besides Waterboys and Cheerleaders?
32 players who were drafted ahead of Tom Brady?
-
beats me.
we all age friend.
i have room for Lewis on my '09 roster, that's what i'm saying.
at 6.5 million?
-
@shepwrite said:
They're freaking tight ends. The Giants won it all AFTER Shockey. Tony Gonzales never won anything. Witten's never won a playoff game.They're tight ends, not quarterbacks. I hated that draft pick so much... a tight end at #7? Hell, Witten was a 2nd round pick!
I'm not even sure who the Cardinals' TE is. I know the Steelers have Heath Miller but he ain't playing in Honolulu or anything.
I have posted the same thing before. Name me a PREMIER TE that took his team to the SB Victory. Please.
I have posted the same thing before. Name me a PREMIER TE that took his team to the SB Victory. Please.
Dave Casper (hall of fame) 76 Raiders
Mark Bavaro (pro-bowl twice). Won 2 superbowls.
Dwight Clark (2x All-Pro selection (1981, 1982) and won 2 Superbowls)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login