Skip to content

QUINN'S SAFTEY NET GONE!!!..NOW HE HAS NO-ONE!

The Browns Board
48 19 3.3k
  • They traded Winslow, not the position of TE. Quinn threw to a pile of Steve Heiden-esque TE's at ND and was fine.

    The only thing Quinn should be anointed with is an opportunity, and this does nothing to change that fact.

    D damajuki wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @oconrecon said:

    They traded Winslow, not the position of TE. Quinn threw to a pile of Steve Heiden-esque TE's at ND and was fine.

    The only thing Quinn should be anointed with is an opportunity, and this does nothing to change that fact.

    Um, not to nitpick or anything, but Quinn threw to Fasano and Carlson, two current NFL starters.

    But I agree with your greater point. 🙂

  • S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
    #42

    I thought Browns fans only show this much hate to Steeler fans.... From the looks of this thread, anyone who disagrees with them gets thrown under the bus. 😆

  • NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #43

    a mind is a terrible thing to waste . lol

  • S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @inspecta said:

    Geez, it only took you 2 months to figure it out. Another fine product of "No Child Left Behind"

    No, I just wanted to point that out.

  • @oconrecon said:

    They traded Winslow, not the position of TE. Quinn threw to a pile of Steve Heiden-esque TE's at ND and was fine.

    The only thing Quinn should be anointed with is an opportunity, and this does nothing to change that fact.

    Um, not to nitpick or anything, but Quinn threw to Fasano and Carlson, two current NFL starters.

    But I agree with your greater point. 🙂

    OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by OconRecon
    #45

    @damajuki said:

    Um, not to nitpick or anything, but Quinn threw to Fasano and Carlson, two current NFL starters.

    But I agree with your greater point. 🙂

    Totally agree. I think Heiden is more like Carlson or Fasano than Winslow though.

    All good.

  • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #46

    I hate to keep giving this thread more air time, but does gmp understand the difference between DA's completions to Winslow were on plays that are designed to go to the TE, where Quinn-to-Winslow were checkdowns & 2nd/3rd reads?

    Also, does he understand the dynamic improvement that that particular ability gives to our offense? That opposing DC's will never actually "figure you out" completely and shut down your entire career in just 1 game?

    I mean, I'm just wondering why we're still having these effing conversations on it.

  • Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Quinn to me is still an unknown. He showed signs of brilliance last year. Quick decision making, mobility, and very accurate before his finger got hurt.

    I still don't think we can look at anything he did last year of a sign for the future. The team, coaches, and everything in the Browns organization was in complete disarray. This year is different. We can't judge Quinn's check downs or bail outs until we watch him this season.

  • DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
    #48

    I'm actually impressed that a Manwagoner started this thread about Quinn's "safety net," I didn't think they understood what a check-down to a safety net was.