Skip to content

This team needs ALOT OF WORK

The Browns Board
44 21 3.1k
  • listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
    #41

    \ said:

    I know this team has some other issues (BE is a big one right now), but week in and week out, DA keeps popping up on the radar as making things harder than they should be.

    To be honest, BE and DA both are horrid....did anyone catch BE's take of 'That what I do?' after his catch....what a f-cking tool

    If Lister Jr acted like that I would kick him straight in the a-s; but he is a winner and would never consider a horrid incorrect take of 'that what I do'

  • P PaulMcdonaldshoes wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Lerner has a ton money. Forbes rankes the Browns as one of the top money making teams in the NFL. The team is worth around 200-500 million dollars. Having said that, he has not invested wisely in coaches and players over the years. I don't think he has good football knowledge considering the doofus (RAC, Phil the Pill) he has hired. icon_idea.gif

  • L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    \ said:

    So suppose they start Brady Quinn. What "if" he does worse than Derrick Anderson? What if he is another Ryan Leaf? I looked at the stats after the browns went up 27-13. They only gained 38 yards. Four three,and outs plus the int. Looked alot like conservative "play not to lose Schottenhiemer style play like in the 1986 AFC Championship game. (Kneel Down after the 98 yd drive,and three,and out punt. Denver goes 60 yds to win..

    What if he does? I don't think they're going to pull the plug on him based on his first start and one game when they've pissed around with Anderson for 27 games now.

    We're not calling for Quinn because we think he'll save the season. We're calling for him because it's pointless to spend more time 'developing' another teams future backup QB.

  • FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Our hopes for this season are toast. We need 7-1 or 8-0 to make the playoffs. Ain't gonna happen.

    DA has had ample opportunity to show what he's got. These last 8 games are a great opportunity to see what else we've got and that of course includes Quinn. It's time to start eyeing our roster for '09 and you can't do that if you don't see what's sitting on the bench.

    We can gain absolutely nothing by continuing to start DA the rest of this season.

    Doug