Skip to content

What's up with the board software

The Browns Board
10 7 1.1k
  • Are the problems being brought on by the chat? Seems like it's fine through the week, not so much on Sundays.

  • Well I did notice that the last time it crashed was during DA's magnificent INT. It might have something to do with a bunch of messages at one time and the server can't handle all that traffic at once? Could have just been a coincidence.

  • It's an ipowerweb thing.

    Here is the code for phpbb 2.x config file to help (Darren G was the ipower rep that suggested it to me):

    <?php
    
    // phpBB 2.x auto-generated config file
    // Do not change anything in this file!
    // SILVER360-> DELETE SILVER360_P_BB1 and the create again with same password
    // and give permission to edit the PBB1 database 🙂
    
    // OR MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT AND GIVE ALL PERMISSIONS FOR DB LIKE SILVER360_P_BB2
    // Darren G.: Ok then you need to add following database array in config.php file 
    // Darren G.: $db_user = 'your_db_user; 
    // Darren G.: and replace by 
    // Darren G.: Copy to clipboardCode: 
    // Darren G.: $db_user_array[] = "one_db_user"; 
    // Darren G.: $db_user_array[] = "other_db_user"; 
    // Darren G.: $db_user_array[] = "other_db_user"; 
    // Darren G.: $db_user = $db_user_array[ rand( 0, ( sizeof($db_user_array) -1 ) ) ];
    // From SILVER360- just create a new DBUSER silver360_p_bb[x] 
    // From SILVER360- DO NOT CREATE NEW DBNAME (e.g. it silver360_p_bb1
    
    Here is my config code below:
    
    
    $dbms = 'mysql4';
    
    $dbhost = 'localhost';
    $dbname = 'silver360_bb1';
    $dbuser = 'silver360_bb2';   (this is what I delete/recreate with the same permissions or where I put my new dbuser.
    $dbpasswd = 'THEPASSWORDGOESHERE';
    
    $table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
    
    define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
    
    ?>

    In addition, every hour ipower will refresh the userlimit. Good luck Stan.....

  • \ said:

    It's an ipowerweb thing.

    Here is the code for phpbb 2.x config file to help (Darren G was the ipower rep that suggested it to me):

    <?php
    
    // phpBB 2.x auto-generated config file
    // Do not change anything in this file!
    // SILVER360-> DELETE SILVER36_P_BB1 and the create again with same password
    // and give permission to edit the PBB1 database 🙂
    // DA sucks
    
    // OR MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT AND GIVE ALL PERMISSIONS FOR DB LIKE SILVER36_P_BB2
    // Darren G.: Ok then you need to add following database array in config.php file 
    // Darren G.: $db_user = 'your_db_user; 
    // Darren G.: and replace by 
    // Darren G.: Copy to clipboardCode: 
    // Darren G.: $db_user_array[] = "one_db_user"; 
    // Darren G.: $db_user_array[] = "other_db_user"; 
    // Darren G.: $db_user_array[] = "other_db_user"; 
    // Darren G.: $db_user = $db_user_array[ rand( 0, ( sizeof($db_user_array) -1 ) ) ];
    // From SILVER360- just create a new DBUSER silver36_p_bb[x] 
    // From SILVER360- DO NOT CREATE NEW DBNAME (e.g. it silver36_p_bb1
    // Bench DA
    
    Here is my config code below:
    
    
    $dbms = 'mysql4';
    
    $dbhost = 'localhost';
    $dbname = 'silver36_p_bb1';
    $dbuser = 'silver36_p_bb2';   (this is what I delete/recreate with the same permissions or where I put my new dbuser.
    $dbpasswd = 'THEPASSWORDGOESHERE';
    $fire Crennel
    
    $table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
    
    define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true); Season over
    
    ?>

    I think if you "read between the lines" on the Code ABOVE, anybody can see what the REAL problem and solution is.

  • Chat software is buggy as hell.

  • Too bad I got kicked out of the tavern twice today. I desperately needed some Browns brothers to share my disappointment.

  • \ said:

    \ said:

    It's an ipowerweb thing.

    Here is the code for phpbb 2.x config file to help (Darren G was the ipower rep that suggested it to me):

    <?php
    
    // phpBB 2.x auto-generated config file
    // Do not change anything in this file!
    // SILVER360-> DELETE SILVER36_P_BB1 and the create again with same password
    // and give permission to edit the PBB1 database 🙂
    // DA sucks
    
    // OR MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT AND GIVE ALL PERMISSIONS FOR DB LIKE SILVER36_P_BB2
    // Darren G.: Ok then you need to add following database array in config.php file 
    // Darren G.: $db_user = 'your_db_user; 
    // Darren G.: and replace by 
    // Darren G.: Copy to clipboardCode: 
    // Darren G.: $db_user_array[] = "one_db_user"; 
    // Darren G.: $db_user_array[] = "other_db_user"; 
    // Darren G.: $db_user_array[] = "other_db_user"; 
    // Darren G.: $db_user = $db_user_array[ rand( 0, ( sizeof($db_user_array) -1 ) ) ];
    // From SILVER360- just create a new DBUSER silver36_p_bb[x] 
    // From SILVER360- DO NOT CREATE NEW DBNAME (e.g. it silver36_p_bb1
    // Bench DA
    
    Here is my config code below:
    
    
    $dbms = 'mysql4';
    
    $dbhost = 'localhost';
    $dbname = 'silver36_p_bb1';
    $dbuser = 'silver36_p_bb2';   (this is what I delete/recreate with the same permissions or where I put my new dbuser.
    $dbpasswd = 'THEPASSWORDGOESHERE';
    $fire Crennel
    
    $table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
    
    define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true); Season over
    
    ?>

    I think if you "read between the lines" on the Code ABOVE, anybody can see what the REAL problem and solution is.

    Nice edits Dan.... icon_lol.gif

  • icon_lol.gif

    $fire.now

  • Wish someone had made it public that iPower was the host destination for the board, I would have warned you about it... I've been with them a few years, but recently they put in some changes (the userlimit crap) that have really made phpbb a whore, as well as other php apps...

  • I agree. I have been with them too.......although things did get better once I migrated all of my stuff on their new version.....although it was PURE HELL. Especially with phpbb and my clients online stores......

    Where was the brownsboard hosted before?