2 NFL players among boaters missing off Fla. coast
-
My prayers go out to the familes of these men.
-
Not to make light of the situation by any means, but I am a little surprised 3-4 Browns weren't on that boat.
Seems like that stuff happens to us.
-
I hope and pray they are found and are okay.
They either didn't check the weather, or they figured they would come in before the storm hit.
and a maybe short in the wiring causesa small fire and the engine not to start and the radio not to work.
21' boat on the ocean? Not good.
Hey, I actually had that happen to me on my pontoon boat many years ago.
But I had an extinguisher, so my crew decided I was a brilliant hero.
Trouble is, I had pushed the boat over a stump to hold the boat while we went swimming... and the stump
pulled two low wires into the water and it shorted to ground, across the battery.
Yeah, I never told em. I'm a hero. Got a rep to protect.
-
Not to make light of the situation by any means, but I am a little surprised 3-4 Browns weren't on that boat.
Seems like that stuff happens to us.
Not to make light of the situation by any means, but I am a little surprised 3-4 Browns weren't on that boat.
Seems like that stuff happens to us.
My thoughts exactly peen i was thinking we are lucky joe thomas wasnt there because he absolutely loves to fish..
Prayers and thoughts are with these fellows..
But hopefully they are alright but its not looking good...

-
They probably swamped it or they got hijacked and told to swim home from 11 miles out.
-
Rotoworld
"The Coast Guard has reportedly found an overturned boat with a "person clinging to it" off the Gulf of Mexico."
Doesn't look good.
-
ESPN reported it was Nick Schuyler who was clinging to the top of the overturned boat.
-
More Here.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MIS...EMPLATE=DEFAULT
Corey Smith and Marquis Cooper and two other men missing more than a day in choppy seas.
Smith, a defensive end for the Detroit Lions, and Cooper, an Oakland Raiders linebacker, were on a 21-foot vessel that left Clearwater Pass for a fishing trip Saturday morning and did not return as expected, the Coast Guard said Sunday. Crews used a helicopter and an 87-foot ship to search a 750-square mile area west of Clearwater Pass, but poor weather made the search difficult. Officials did not receive a distress signal from the missing craft.
One of the other guys was Nick Schuyler, a kid I went to Chardon High School with...let's all pray for good news...
One of the other guys was Nick Schuyler, a kid I went to Chardon High School with...let's all pray for good news...
looks like your boy made it...does not look good for the other three....at all!
-
One of the other guys was Nick Schuyler, a kid I went to Chardon High School with...let's all pray for good news...
looks like your boy made it...does not look good for the other three....at all!
looks like your boy made it...does not look good for the other three....at all!
http://news-herald.com/articles/2009/03/02...7b624166581.txt
Not really my boy...a friend of a friend but still great news! I got a call about 2 hours ago from the friend, he nearly pooped himself...
-
One of the other guys was Nick Schuyler, a kid I went to Chardon High School with...let's all pray for good news...
looks like your boy made it...does not look good for the other three....at all!
-
-
-
-
They reported on ESPN that the passenger they pulled out was wearing a life jacket, and had said they were all wearing them. Until I hear otherwise I'm going by that information.
They reported on ESPN that the passenger they pulled out was wearing a life jacket, and had said they were all wearing them. Until I hear otherwise I'm going by that information.
Keep in mind that is what the guy said when they pulled him out of the water. He wasn't exactly in the "right mind" at the time he was found and said that. Dude was dehydrated as all get out when they found him. They have to question him again after he is awake again. I'll wait and see what he says then, when he is a little more of sound mind.
-
A little side note that I heard was that the waves were estimated at 12-14 foot on Sat.
If you have ever boated you know that is some big rollers for a 21' boat.
It don't sound good.
-
Being an ex sailor I can tell you that hits home . Very tough to survive sometimes and recollect .
A prayer for him .
-
NOAA..............Great Lakes R/V Shenehon
Oil Feild vessels .......Gulf
-
NOAA..............Great Lakes R/V Shenehon
Oil Feild vessels .......Gulf
NOAA..............Great Lakes R/V Shenehon
Oil Feild vessels .......Gulf
I was conceived in the Navy, does that count? Corpus Christie if memory serves me.

-
Zombo said:
Cooper, the boatβs owner, had more than 100 hours of boating experience but no formal education, and had been drinking, according to the report.They say that as if 100 hours is a substantial amount of experience, which it most definitely is not.
Someone with that little experience and no training had absolutely no business going 50 miles out in the Gulf in a puny 21' craft.
Just because you can afford the boat doesn't mean that you know what the hell you're doing.
Truly sad.
-
I can't imagine taking a 21' boat 50 miles out in 14 foot waves to catch fish, something sounds beyond fishy to me. And I seriously doubt someone could cling to the boat all that time in 14 foot waves. 100 hours of boating time could be 10 - 20 nice fair weather trips. Plus, in the tampa bay area you have lots of other fishing available without venturing off shore.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login