Fleetwood Mac fans
-
tour opened last night in Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh and if you are a fan at all you simply must attend. they sounded incredible, vocally and otherwise.
here's the setlist:
1. Monday Morning
2. The Chain
3. Dreams
4. I Know I'm Not Wrong
5. Gypsy Play Video
6. Go Insane
7. Rhiannon
8. Second Hand News
9. Tusk
10. Sara
11. Big Love
12. Landslide
13. Never Going Back Again
14. Storms**Premiere: First time played live (ever?)
15. Say You Love Me
16. Gold Dust Woman
17. Oh Well
18. I'm So Afraid
19. Stand Back
20. Go Your Own Way
21. World Turning*encore
22. Don't Stop*encore
23. Silver Springs*encore
yes, that's a double encore. it was planned though. if they play the same set everywhere (ala def leppard lol) sorry i spoiled the surprise.
they are in CLE Fri, 04/17/09
08:00 PM @ Quicken Loans Arena.
they did not show their age a bit on this, in fact may have sounded even better this tour than the last 5 yrs ago. i was not expecting to hear anything off Rumours and frankly i was blown away by both the selections and their fortitude. since they're not pushing a new album expect to hear all the hits, done very well. a great tour to wrap up their career w/.
whether you are an old fan or a young one, you will likely be impressed as well.
Enjoi!
-
these fans views sum it up pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Just got back from the show and it was a blast. I pretty much knew all of the surprises because of reading it here on the ledge but I really loved Monday Morning as the opener and I have to say it was nice to be surprised by the set list for once. I have to say though that I think the title of the show Unleashed fit perfect for tonight. I had front row and me and my hubby were to the right of Lindsey and he played his heart out tonight. I think for me the highlights were Monday Morning, Storms (absolutely beautiful, loved it), Gold Dust Woman (she killed the scream, it was damm good), Go Insane (faster version and it was amazing!), Tusk (slow in the beginning) and Say You Love Me (I thought Stevie did a great job on this song), I'm so Afraid was good but it did sound kinda different.
The song of the night was Oh Well. I freaking love this song and Lindsey killed it. I hope somebody got a boot of it it was so damm good and right in front of me. Lindsey pointed to his legs during the 'and my legs are thin' part. Good shit!!
Its funny all week I have been telling everybody that all I want is to play Lindseys guitar so during GYOW, he stands right in front of me and leans down over top and lets me be the first one to play his guitar. I was real gentle because I didnt want to break a string or something and then he let others play and then I grabbed at it again before he was done. After that song he was like Hey Baby, HA! Damm he is hot! My hubby was telling me to calm down and then later on he came over and shook hands and then he shook my hubby's hand and mine and then I started screaming, Lindsey baby, thank you, you rock! That is what I love about Lindsey is that he interacts with the crowd. He was talking to the front row people all night and somebody asked him if he was hot and he said yes and he was like arent you guys cool on that ice? HA! Some couple brought up their little girl and he made sure they got right up front and then the girl had flowers and Lindsey made sure Stevie got them. She thanked them which was so nice. The little girl was so cute too.
One thing I missed was the Stevie and Lindsey interaction. I remember last time they came to Pittsburgh in 2003 the Pittsburgh Post Gazette review talked about how much Lindsey and Stevie stared at each other and stuff but this time it was much more different. They looked at each other like old friends instead of like ex's. I do have to say the band was tight and I think they just sounded better overall. I am going to deaf though for a long time from this show.
I got some pics but camera natzi guy yelled at my hubby about 3 songs in and then we didnt bring it back out to the end. I have to say when Stevie bent down to get those flowers I thought a boob was gonna pop out, HA!
Her red/burgundy outfit in the beginning was fabulous and Lindsey wore red. Sometimes I think they read this damm board.
I was a few rows back behind you! cool. I saw you with the guitar. The guy with the little girl came up several times all night. Security kept making him go back, but he was persistant. He finally had her on his sholders and had some flowers. I'm glad that Stevie got them. It was a great concert and I agree. Lindsey was very into it and with the crowd. He and Stevie didn't interact much at all.
-
tour opened last night in Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh and if you are a fan at all you simply must attend. they sounded incredible, vocally and otherwise.
here's the setlist:
1. Monday Morning
2. The Chain
3. Dreams
4. I Know I'm Not Wrong
5. Gypsy Play Video
6. Go Insane
7. Rhiannon
8. Second Hand News
9. Tusk
10. Sara
11. Big Love
12. Landslide
13. Never Going Back Again
14. Storms**Premiere: First time played live (ever?)
15. Say You Love Me
16. Gold Dust Woman
17. Oh Well
18. I'm So Afraid
19. Stand Back
20. Go Your Own Way
21. World Turning*encore
22. Don't Stop*encore
23. Silver Springs*encore
yes, that's a double encore. it was planned though. if they play the same set everywhere (ala def leppard lol) sorry i spoiled the surprise.
they are in CLE Fri, 04/17/09
08:00 PM @ Quicken Loans Arena.
they did not show their age a bit on this, in fact may have sounded even better this tour than the last 5 yrs ago. i was not expecting to hear anything off Rumours and frankly i was blown away by both the selections and their fortitude. since they're not pushing a new album expect to hear all the hits, done very well. a great tour to wrap up their career w/.
whether you are an old fan or a young one, you will likely be impressed as well.
Enjoi!
tour opened last night in Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh and if you are a fan at all you simply must attend. they sounded incredible, vocally and otherwise.
here's the setlist:
1. Monday Morning
2. The Chain
3. Dreams
4. I Know I'm Not Wrong
5. Gypsy Play Video
6. Go Insane
7. Rhiannon
8. Second Hand News
9. Tusk
10. Sara
11. Big Love
12. Landslide
13. Never Going Back Again
14. Storms**Premiere: First time played live (ever?)
15. Say You Love Me
16. Gold Dust Woman
17. Oh Well
18. I'm So Afraid
19. Stand Back
20. Go Your Own Way
21. World Turning*encore
22. Don't Stop*encore
23. Silver Springs*encore
yes, that's a double encore. it was planned though. if they play the same set everywhere (ala def leppard lol) sorry i spoiled the surprise.
they are in CLE Fri, 04/17/09
08:00 PM @ Quicken Loans Arena.
they did not show their age a bit on this, in fact may have sounded even better this tour than the last 5 yrs ago. i was not expecting to hear anything off Rumours and frankly i was blown away by both the selections and their fortitude. since they're not pushing a new album expect to hear all the hits, done very well. a great tour to wrap up their career w/.
whether you are an old fan or a young one, you will likely be impressed as well.
Enjoi!
They blow.
-
tour opened last night in Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh and if you are a fan at all you simply must attend. they sounded incredible, vocally and otherwise.
here's the setlist:
1. Monday Morning
2. The Chain
3. Dreams
4. I Know I'm Not Wrong
5. Gypsy Play Video
6. Go Insane
7. Rhiannon
8. Second Hand News
9. Tusk
10. Sara
11. Big Love
12. Landslide
13. Never Going Back Again
14. Storms**Premiere: First time played live (ever?)
15. Say You Love Me
16. Gold Dust Woman
17. Oh Well
18. I'm So Afraid
19. Stand Back
20. Go Your Own Way
21. World Turning*encore
22. Don't Stop*encore
23. Silver Springs*encore
yes, that's a double encore. it was planned though. if they play the same set everywhere (ala def leppard lol) sorry i spoiled the surprise.
they are in CLE Fri, 04/17/09
08:00 PM @ Quicken Loans Arena.
they did not show their age a bit on this, in fact may have sounded even better this tour than the last 5 yrs ago. i was not expecting to hear anything off Rumours and frankly i was blown away by both the selections and their fortitude. since they're not pushing a new album expect to hear all the hits, done very well. a great tour to wrap up their career w/.
whether you are an old fan or a young one, you will likely be impressed as well.
Enjoi!
They blow.
They blow.
awwww does your butt hurt?
too talented for you to relate to? ahhh, so soddy.
-
They blow.
awwww does your butt hurt?
too talented for you to relate to? ahhh, so soddy.
awwww does your butt hurt?
too talented for you to relate to? ahhh, so soddy.
No they just blow. Mick Fleetwood scares me. Just not my cup of tea. Lindsey Buckingham is a great guitarist, don't get me wrong. Their gay songs about their little love triangles are played, so played.
-
awwww does your butt hurt?
too talented for you to relate to? ahhh, so soddy.
No they just blow. Mick Fleetwood scares me. Just not my cup of tea. Lindsey Buckingham is a great guitarist, don't get me wrong. Their gay songs about their little love triangles are played, so played.
No they just blow. Mick Fleetwood scares me. Just not my cup of tea. Lindsey Buckingham is a great guitarist, don't get me wrong. Their gay songs about their little love triangles are played, so played.
lol. i actually can't disagree with anything you wrote there. although i'm 32 i somehow avoided them growing up and missed all that, thankfully. i have heard the songs but never owned any cds or anything and would consider myself a new fan. my g/f got the tix and i'll admit i was pretty skepticle going in. the fact that they sounded so crisp was definitely refreshing--maybe that's what made it so rewarding. i like it that way, like never reading the back of a dvd before popping it in, just my style.
i was told by many attendees it blew away the last tour 5 yrs ago, so i was just taking their word and putting the word out. and i still maintain fans would definitely be pleased.
thnx for the reply, i just thought you were being nasty.
-
The most self absorbed band in the 1970's and 80's. I couldn't care less who is screwing who.
I'd rather listen to Tiny Tim than Stevie Nicks and that ridiculous falsetto voice...Come to think of it, they actually sound a lot a like.
Also, the true mark of a washed up band....90% of what they play is from 30 years ago.
-
The most self absorbed band in the 1970's and 80's. I couldn't care less who is screwing who.
I'd rather listen to Tiny Tim than Stevie Nicks and that ridiculous falsetto voice...Come to think of it, they actually sound a lot a like.
Also, the true mark of a washed up band....90% of what they play is from 30 years ago.
Also, the true mark of a washed up band....90% of what they play is from 30 years ago.
Their are a couple exceptions to the rule.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login