Skip to content

Is Hank Poteat on the Radar

The Browns Board
3 2 660
  • Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Always one of Eric Mangini's favorite players, FA corner back Hank Poteat would seem to be a great fit as a nickle back and mentor for Cleveland's young corners.

    I'm just surprised we haven't seen his name bantered around. He brings what we are missing, a corner with experience and one who can cover slot receivers. Holly was decent at covering the slot receiver but he doesn't seem to be on the radar, yet.

    I don't know how much Poteat has left, but he was a gamer.

  • W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I don't know if he actually is on the radar or not...but I saw this yesterday:

    A little free agent talk: “Of the four AFC North teams, finding the best match for the Browns was the most difficult. Following last week’s trade of former Pro Bowl tight end Kellen Winslow Jr., it’s clear this team is starting over. Therefore, Cleveland is more interested in draft picks than big-name acquisitions in free agency. With that said, eight-year cornerback Hank Poteat would be the ideal fit for Cleveland. He’s cheap, experienced and most importantly he is a favorite of new Browns coach Eric Mangini, who coached Poteat with the Jets.” [James Walker/ESPN]

    So I would think he should be...

  • Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @inspecta said:

    I'm really hoping Holly can come back and contribute this year, I was really dissapointed that he got hurt last year, i think the kid has the potential to be a really good corner in this league. Somebody posted a thread bashing him a while back and I couldn't disagree more with that assesment. Kid has good instincts and is very physical at the line, his shortcomings are things that can be "coached up"

    I agree and he is the only corner that can move inside and cover a slot receiver. McDonald gets lost inside.