Skip to content

Browns sign Robert Royal

The Browns Board
18 15 1.7k
  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Good. I was about to shit my xxxxing pants seeing mocks with us drafting a tight end. I mean we just drafted Rucker for chrissakes. Good to know that ManKok isn't that stupid.

  • Good. I was about to shit my xxxxing pants seeing mocks with us drafting a tight end. I mean we just drafted Rucker for chrissakes. Good to know that ManKok isn't that stupid.

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @vaportrail said:

    Good. I was about to shit my xxxxing pants seeing mocks with us drafting a tight end. I mean we just drafted Rucker for chrissakes. Good to know that ManKok isn't that stupid.

    Yeah, and RAC 'n ROLLS never even checked the kid out to see if he could play.

    Drafting a TE would tell me these guys are morons.

  • DestinFunkD DestinFunk wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Mangini has an idea about Rucker..

    M. Rucker 5 70 0 28

    that is his stat line from browns Vs Jets preason 08...game 1.

    not bad 😉

    but Clowney for the bad guys ..clowned us that day

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #8

    Royal is good stopgap insurance in case heiden gets hurt (likely) or rucker is the epic fail i suspect he will be...however we will still have to draft a bruiser TE but hopefully not this year! 😉

    What im really wondering is how much mankok paid for him?

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #9

    It wouldnt be smart for mankok to draft a TE this year we need WRs first cuz as it stands we have no hands...😉

  • Royal is good stopgap insurance in case heiden gets hurt (likely) or rucker is the epic fail i suspect he will be...however we will still have to draft a bruiser TE but hopefully not this year! 😉

    What im really wondering is how much mankok paid for him?

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @gips said:

    What im really wondering is how much mankok paid for him?

    4 years, $10M, $3M of which is guaranteed.

  • D DeadWombat wrote on last edited by DeadWombat
    #11

    Royal's a decent pickup and I'm happy with the decision. As others said our D should be our primary concern for the draft and it looks like Mankok are heading that same direction. Sucks for Steve Hieden, though. He won't appreciate the competition. 😆

    I'll be intererested to see how he fits in.

  • Hopefully this means the Browns won't be burning a draft pick on a TE. I saw on Walterfootball that he had the Browns taking Cook in the second round.

    The only offensive player I would even consider drafting is a WR in round 4. I know some want a RB but I'd rather address the defense with the first 3 picks

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #12

    oldcow1945 said:

    Hopefully this means the Browns won't be burning a draft pick on a TE. I saw on Walterfootball that he had the Browns taking Cook in the second round.

    The only offensive player I would even consider drafting is a WR in round 4. I know some want a RB but I'd rather address the defense with the first 3 picks

    I'll take a center with one of the 2nd round picks, because their will be more picks coming.

  • oldcow1945 said:

    Hopefully this means the Browns won't be burning a draft pick on a TE. I saw on Walterfootball that he had the Browns taking Cook in the second round.

    The only offensive player I would even consider drafting is a WR in round 4. I know some want a RB but I'd rather address the defense with the first 3 picks

    I'll take a center with one of the 2nd round picks, because their will be more picks coming.

    S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    I'll take a center with one of the 2nd round picks, because their will be more picks coming.

    I agree we need a center BUT....we have Pool and sorenson(no so good) as safeties....That's it...two second rounders will probably be safeties if we don't resign Adams or Jones!

  • Royal is good stopgap insurance in case heiden gets hurt (likely) or rucker is the epic fail i suspect he will be...however we will still have to draft a bruiser TE but hopefully not this year! 😉

    What im really wondering is how much mankok paid for him?

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @gips said:

    Royal is good stopgap insurance in case heiden gets hurt (likely) or rucker is the epic fail i suspect he will be...however we will still have to draft a bruiser TE but hopefully not this year! 😉

    What im really wondering is how much mankok paid for him?

    You sound like doom and gloom. I say Heiden stays healthy and Rucker works his way in as a nice receiving option.

    You don't always have to look at the glass as half empty.

    You have two veteran TEs, who can block and catch and a 2nd year guy with good hands and a lot of potential.

    Sometime the glass should look half full.

  • Good. I was about to shit my xxxxing pants seeing mocks with us drafting a tight end. I mean we just drafted Rucker for chrissakes. Good to know that ManKok isn't that stupid.

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by YtownBrownsBacker
    #15

    @vaportrail said:

    Good. I was about to shit my xxxxing pants seeing mocks with us drafting a tight end. I mean we just drafted Rucker for chrissakes. Good to know that ManKok isn't that stupid.

    Sometimes you got to realize that we could put together mock drafts better then these guys. I saw one where they had us taking a TE and a WR in the 2nd round. Maybe they missed the Giants game when Winslow didn't even play and Heiden lit them up. I guess they don't realize that our roster is void of LBs and DBs. They are good for a laugh though.

  • FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I like this pick up. Like someone else said "not sexy", but it solidifies the position. I have a hunch we'll see a major battle in training camp for the Starters slot between Heiden, Royal & Rucker.May the best man win.

    Doug

  • Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by
    #17

    We wait and wait and wait..... and then we pickup Robert Royal? This guy isn't that good of a football player. What a waste

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Good sign, sorry chickenwang, we can't sign 10 TO's. Everyone will play their roles. This is what NFL.com said about him:

    No longer just a blocker, Royal has gotten 35, 39 and 38 targets the past three seasons, and has 11 touchdowns in the past four. Michael Gaines stole some catches toward the end of 2007, but he's moved on to Detroit, so while he's not particularly exciting, Royal will be the main safety valve for Trent Edwards in '08. And he is a very good blocker, which means he'll likely be an every-down player.

    2008

    Robert Royal's stats = 351 yards and 1 TD

    K2 = 428 and 3 TD

    Not too shabby for a great blocking TE.