Leftovers
-
Look James Harrison Undrafted fa, cut many times, because he didn't FIT into the size you want at 3-4 outside linebacker... the argument then becomes....he was coached up....well , coach em up! it's the same argument...you have to WANT it...I think Petersen WANTS it! Can't place a meter on heart!
was he 33?
was he 33?
No....but he was also Cut... you can argue all you want...I say Petersen will be a good LB in this league for 2 to 3 more years. Maybe not in a 3-4 but I like good linebackers and we only have a decent one on our roster on the inside....the other is still unknown....thanks rac!
-
Give it up Solon, they say he sucks, so he must f--king suck and there's NO IF AND OR BUT ABOUT IT.
They are never wrong about anything, didn't you know?
-
Not sure who they are...but, we'll see who's right when these guys do/don't get picked up by teams.
Can we put McGinest next to Brooks and Peterson too? Kidding...
-
It's really a moot point, given that Peterson's poor character doesn't make him a good fit for us. I doubt ManKok would consider signing him, even if he could play 3-4 ILB.
-
It's really a moot point, given that Peterson's poor character doesn't make him a good fit for us. I doubt ManKok would consider signing him, even if he could play 3-4 ILB.
-
Hell I'll take derrick Brooks for that matter. Give me petersen and Brooks both as ILB's in a 3-4 and I'd be happy as a clam...

-
Again...whatever
....get on your knees now and pray DQ and BB don't get hurt. Pray BB is all that was SAID of him and has the mental capacity and can play 3 downs. Who do we have as backup??? leon williams shouldn't even be on our roster and AD is gone(thank god)! So go ahead into the season with 1 ILB 1 unknown ILB or go into the season with a pro-bowl ILB that's 33! Heartbeat!Or sign the guys from the Jets...who know Mangini...and take a LB at 5 if Curry is there...or with one of our 2nds if he isn't.
Not as big of a deal as you are trying to make it. Chances are a 33 year old LB is NOT on our radar.
Or sign the guys from the Jets...who know Mangini...and take a LB at 5 if Curry is there...or with one of our 2nds if he isn't.
Not as big of a deal as you are trying to make it. Chances are a 33 year old LB is NOT on our radar.
IMO with bell,hall,dqj,wimbley,mcancient,griffin,halloway and likely orakpo we dont have a pressing need at LB inside or out especially another older guy whos best days are way behind him..(see willie above)we should be ok here with the acquisition of an impact LB assuming hall works out and bell could certainly fit the mangini mold..
-
Or sign the guys from the Jets...who know Mangini...and take a LB at 5 if Curry is there...or with one of our 2nds if he isn't.
Not as big of a deal as you are trying to make it. Chances are a 33 year old LB is NOT on our radar.
IMO with bell,hall,dqj,wimbley,mcancient,griffin,halloway and likely orakpo we dont have a pressing need at LB inside or out especially another older guy whos best days are way behind him..(see willie above)we should be ok here with the acquisition of an impact LB assuming hall works out and bell could certainly fit the mangini mold..
IMO with bell,hall,dqj,wimbley,mcancient,griffin,halloway and likely orakpo we dont have a pressing need at LB inside or out especially another older guy whos best days are way behind him..(see willie above)we should be ok here with the acquisition of an impact LB assuming hall works out and bell could certainly fit the mangini mold..
That certainly is alot of ifs.......if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

-
-
Hell I'll take derrick Brooks for that matter. Give me petersen and Brooks both as ILB's in a 3-4 and I'd be happy as a clam...

-
you obviously know your linebackers

I am guessing we will be getting a bunch of young linebackers in the draft so I see no reason to sign a 14 year vet that people said was too small even for a 4-3 scheme. Brooks is good but I will take my chances with our draft picks. As far as leadership, McGinest hasn't announced his retirement yet.
-
look you are missin my point....Give me Brooks and Petersen and we totally upgrade our defense...it sure isn't long term. my point was I don't care what scheme put those two next to each other and we stop the run GASHES against our defense. Orakpo and wimbley on the edge with hall and maybe barwin....I'll take it.
There are three different arguements within that sentence. not yours alone....it aint happening but I'd take it
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
