Skip to content

Dre' Bly

The Browns Board
7 5 941
  • I haven't heard a thing about him since the Broncos released him. Anyone heard anything?

    Is this guy done? I haven't got to watch him the last few years. He's only 31 and a few short years ago was a quality CB.

    He had a career high in tackles for the Broncos last year.

  • Wasn't it something to do with constant off the field problems?

  • bly was always overrated. from detroit to st. louis to denver, he never played like the great corner people said he was. it's more important that he can't play than whether or not he has off-field issues.

  • I always thought he was a system guy. He got way exposed in man-to-man.

  • I always thought he was a system guy. He got way exposed in man-to-man.

    mz. said:

    I always thought he was a system guy. He got way exposed in man-to-man.

    I think you guys aren't quite giving him the credit he has coming to him.

    Just in 2007 he had 7 INT's....That's two more than Eric Wright and Brandon Mcdonald had COMBINED in 2008. Doesn't sound like he was getting exposed too much.

    He's been elected to the pro bowl a couple of times. He had 62 tackles in 2008 so we know he was still very busy.

    I think his release was salary related....Not performance related.

  • mz. said:

    I always thought he was a system guy. He got way exposed in man-to-man.

    I think you guys aren't quite giving him the credit he has coming to him.

    Just in 2007 he had 7 INT's....That's two more than Eric Wright and Brandon Mcdonald had COMBINED in 2008. Doesn't sound like he was getting exposed too much.

    He's been elected to the pro bowl a couple of times. He had 62 tackles in 2008 so we know he was still very busy.

    I think his release was salary related....Not performance related.

    oldcow1945 said:

    I think you guys aren't quite giving him the credit he has coming to him.

    Just in 2007 he had 7 INT's....That's two more than Eric Wright and Brandon Mcdonald had COMBINED in 2008. Doesn't sound like he was getting exposed too much.

    He's been elected to the pro bowl a couple of times. He had 62 tackles in 2008 so we know he was still very busy.

    I think his release was salary related....Not performance related.

    Bmac had 5 ints and Wright had 3. 5 + 3 = 8.

    I do think Bly has something left in the tank but I urge you...always forget the past about players. past probowls means NOTHING. Evaluate the guy NOW. Having a ton of tackles isn't always a good thing. It can mean that teams threw at you more (which usually isn't good), that your front seven stunk, etc. He is on the downturn of his career for sure. But, it's safe to say someone will give him a deal. I just don't think it will be us.

  • oldcow1945 said:

    I think you guys aren't quite giving him the credit he has coming to him.

    Just in 2007 he had 7 INT's....That's two more than Eric Wright and Brandon Mcdonald had COMBINED in 2008. Doesn't sound like he was getting exposed too much.

    He's been elected to the pro bowl a couple of times. He had 62 tackles in 2008 so we know he was still very busy.

    I think his release was salary related....Not performance related.

    Bmac had 5 ints and Wright had 3. 5 + 3 = 8.

    I do think Bly has something left in the tank but I urge you...always forget the past about players. past probowls means NOTHING. Evaluate the guy NOW. Having a ton of tackles isn't always a good thing. It can mean that teams threw at you more (which usually isn't good), that your front seven stunk, etc. He is on the downturn of his career for sure. But, it's safe to say someone will give him a deal. I just don't think it will be us.

    @onefellswoop7 said:

    . Having a ton of tackles isn't always a good thing. It can mean that teams threw at you more (which usually isn't good), that your front seven stunk, etc. He is on the downturn of his career for sure. But, it's safe to say someone will give him a deal. I just don't think it will be us.

    The amount of tackles a corner makes means nothing as far as his cover abilities. It may speak to the players around him but never to his cover abilities. Some of the great corners as have as many as 80 tackles in a season. 60 to 70 tackles is normal for some of the great corners year in and year out.

    I remember Champ Bailey in his best years had over 80 tackles many years in a row. I think one year he lead the league in INT's while leading the Broncos in tackles!

    It means that corner is still being aggressive.