TEBOW IS BACK
-
How about this.....here are a series of "failed" NFL QBs over the past 10-12 years. Listed alphabetically. Most of these had outstanding college careers. Name the top 5-6 that you would want to bring in as a veteran backup QB for the Browns:
Sam Bradford
Eric Crouch
Chase Daniel
Ken Dorsey
Matt Flynn
Rex Grossman
Joey Harrington
Josh Huepel
Kevin Kolb
Chris Leak
Matt Leinert
Matt Mauck
AJ McCarron
Colt McCoy
Greg McElroy
Terrelle Pryor
Troy Smith
Tim Tebow
Jason White
Vince Young
How about this.....here are a series of "failed" NFL QBs over the past 10-12 years. Listed alphabetically. Most of these had outstanding college careers. Name the top 5-6 that you would want to bring in as a veteran backup QB for the Browns:
Sam Bradford
Eric Crouch
Chase Daniel
Ken Dorsey
Matt Flynn
Rex Grossman
Joey Harrington
Josh Huepel
Kevin Kolb
Chris Leak
Matt Leinert
Matt Mauck
AJ McCarron
Colt McCoy
Greg McElroy
Terrelle Pryor
Troy Smith
Tim Tebow
Jason White
Vince Young
I would bring in those in Bold before I would bring in Tebow. (I know....a few of them are already on NFL rosters....many aren't)
-
in the nfl?
yeah, didn't think so. white america can withstand christians praying with the cameras on but 6 rows of muslims on the field....i don't think so.
In fact....just this past season one of the Chiefs players(a muslim...forgot his name) intercepted a pass and kneeled down to "give thanks to allah(or whatever they do to pray) and he was penalized 15 yards for it.....yet Tebow did it everytime and was praised for his purity and faith....
The Cheifs appealed later and won, so the NFL apologized.....(not that they got their 15 yards back or anything)
but Im thinking that ref kind of reflects how most people would react(or over react, if you will) if there was a Muslim group praying(like the christian group does).....Im sure there would be a stir by somebody, then probably the NFL would be forced to start making rules about religion and praying(even after the games over).....and then, ultimately, no one will be allowed just to shut up all the haters.....etc etc etc....
In fact....just this past season one of the Chiefs players(a muslim...forgot his name) intercepted a pass and kneeled down to "give thanks to allah(or whatever they do to pray) and he was penalized 15 yards for it.....yet Tebow did it everytime and was praised for his purity and faith....
The Cheifs appealed later and won, so the NFL apologized.....(not that they got their 15 yards back or anything)
but Im thinking that ref kind of reflects how most people would react(or over react, if you will) if there was a Muslim group praying(like the christian group does).....Im sure there would be a stir by somebody, then probably the NFL would be forced to start making rules about religion and praying(even after the games over).....and then, ultimately, no one will be allowed just to shut up all the haters.....etc etc etc....
like everything else in this society. once someone gets to do something, everyone else expects to be able to do the same (which is right thinking in a free society). but someone's arse will get burned and changes will be made either to allow everyone to do it or no one to do it at all, which makes more sense to me.
-
I'm just a couple years younger than TT and trust me you do NOT know "hundreds" of people his age with just as high character as him. Sorry but that's laughable. I go to church 3x/week for various things and even I don't know anyone our age that's as good a person as him.
Same here. I'm 25 and I abhor my age bracket. Hell, I think I'm the greatest person to walk this planet (as many can attest to) and I'm not even half as good of a person as Tim Tebow is.
The older generations take moral fiber for granted because they were generally raised to be hard-working, God fearing people. The amount of self-entitled, whiny, ignorant assholes is at an all-time high, so finding "good" people is becoming harder and harder.
All of this has nothing to do with football. From a football perspective, I'll always take a shot on a guy who proved he could do it in college, has the physical attributes, and spent two years still working at it when he could have taken a number of other job offers. Especially if it's for pennies on the dollar.
A one year deal, with no guaranteed money and no bonus incentives? It's basically a free extended tryout. At the very least...he's just as bad as he was in Denver.
A one year deal, with no guaranteed money and no bonus incentives? It's basically a free extended tryout. At the very least...he's just as bad as he was in Denver.
This is the part that a lot of people seem to miss. Signing Tebow was literally the same thing we did with Vince Young a while back. He's technically under contract but if he gets cut they owe him nothing. This happens all the time in the NFL, just not often with a famous name. People get confused often because he signed a deal.
-
the thing with tebow is you have everyone and their brother in the media now telling you what tebow is there for....."he'll be a HB and go in on goal line sits to run the ball in" (even though he says he onlywants to play the QB position), "he's the perfect fit for kelly's offense and will be the everyday starter" (well if tebow is the perfect fit for kelly's offense then why did they trade foles for bradford, who couldn't scramble an egg?).
kelly is grasping for straws now knowing that no GM is going to cave for his conquest to land mariota, unless of course, he gives up a TON of everything leaving the philly franchise broke and busted (figuratively).
-
I'm just a couple years younger than TT and trust me you do NOT know "hundreds" of people his age with just as high character as him. Sorry but that's laughable. I go to church 3x/week for various things and even I don't know anyone our age that's as good a person as him.
Same here. I'm 25 and I abhor my age bracket. Hell, I think I'm the greatest person to walk this planet (as many can attest to) and I'm not even half as good of a person as Tim Tebow is.
The older generations take moral fiber for granted because they were generally raised to be hard-working, God fearing people. The amount of self-entitled, whiny, ignorant assholes is at an all-time high, so finding "good" people is becoming harder and harder.
All of this has nothing to do with football. From a football perspective, I'll always take a shot on a guy who proved he could do it in college, has the physical attributes, and spent two years still working at it when he could have taken a number of other job offers. Especially if it's for pennies on the dollar.
A one year deal, with no guaranteed money and no bonus incentives? It's basically a free extended tryout. At the very least...he's just as bad as he was in Denver.
Cleveland Crusaders was our WHA entry IIRC...
At least this thread has finally proven there's nothing controversial about Tebow...
Same here. I'm 25 and I abhor my age bracket. Hell, I think I'm the greatest person to walk this planet (as many can attest to) and I'm not even half as good of a person as Tim Tebow is.
The older generations take moral fiber for granted because they were generally raised to be hard-working, God fearing people.
Going to have to turn in your millennial membership card...
Many of us got over the "God-fearing" part. As one, I could care less what Tebow caused to celebrate his moments of fame as he did. But I never got the sense that self-aggrandizement was his motivation.
Can't say the same about other celebrations, e.g., a certain fingers action once known as the "money sign", IIRC...
-
Cleveland Crusaders was our WHA entry IIRC...
At least this thread has finally proven there's nothing controversial about Tebow...
Same here. I'm 25 and I abhor my age bracket. Hell, I think I'm the greatest person to walk this planet (as many can attest to) and I'm not even half as good of a person as Tim Tebow is.
The older generations take moral fiber for granted because they were generally raised to be hard-working, God fearing people.
Going to have to turn in your millennial membership card...
Many of us got over the "God-fearing" part. As one, I could care less what Tebow caused to celebrate his moments of fame as he did. But I never got the sense that self-aggrandizement was his motivation.
Can't say the same about other celebrations, e.g., a certain fingers action once known as the "money sign", IIRC...
Cleveland Crusaders was our WHA entry IIRC...
At least this thread has finally proven there's nothing controversial about Tebow...
Going to have to turn in your millennial membership card...
Many of us got over the "God-fearing" part. As one, I could care less what Tebow caused to celebrate his moments of fame as he did. But I never not the sense that self-aggrandizement was his motivation.
Can't say the same about other celebrations, e.g., a certain fingers action once known as the "money sign", IIRC...
I ripped it up the moment I realized I was one.
-
How about this.....here are a series of "failed" NFL QBs over the past 10-12 years. Listed alphabetically. Most of these had outstanding college careers. Name the top 5-6 that you would want to bring in as a veteran backup QB for the Browns:
Sam Bradford
Eric Crouch
Chase Daniel
Ken Dorsey
Matt Flynn
Rex Grossman
Joey Harrington
Josh Huepel
Kevin Kolb
Chris Leak
Matt Leinert
Matt Mauck
AJ McCarron
Colt McCoy
Greg McElroy
Terrelle Pryor
Troy Smith
Tim Tebow
Jason White
Vince Young
How about this.....here are a series of "failed" NFL QBs over the past 10-12 years. Listed alphabetically. Most of these had outstanding college careers. Name the top 5-6 that you would want to bring in as a veteran backup QB for the Browns:
Sam Bradford
Eric Crouch
Chase Daniel
Ken Dorsey
Matt Flynn
Rex Grossman
Joey Harrington
Josh Huepel
Kevin Kolb
Chris Leak
Matt Leinert
Matt Mauck
AJ McCarron
Colt McCoy
Greg McElroy
Terrelle Pryor
Troy Smith
Tim Tebow
Jason White
Vince Young
As a veteran QB backup?
Bradford
McCoy
Smith
To see if there's anything salvageable?
Pryor
Tebow
Leak
Smith
On pure physical aspects?
Tebow
Smith
Daniel
Young
On mental and technical aspects?
McCoy
Flynn
McElroy
Because I like the person and think that they have qualities (on and off field) that could benefit my team?
Tebow
Leak
Flynn
McCoy
-
Dude your reasoning skills are so unbelievably poor it's really a waste of time to even respond to such poppycock. The number of false premises, misunderstandings of the arguments of others, and poor conclusions in your post are truly astounding. Even the lame attempt at humor was a massive bust. Why would Jesus be on a crutch for a team named the Crusaders? Are crutches of any relevance to the Crusades?
No one that I recall in this thread has argued they want to see more religious acts on the field. That's literally of zero relevance to whats being discussed here. Go yell at a cloud.
go down to the river and drown yourself in your self loathing asshole. maybe you'll be able to walk on water after that.
-
I'm just a couple years younger than TT and trust me you do NOT know "hundreds" of people his age with just as high character as him. Sorry but that's laughable. I go to church 3x/week for various things and even I don't know anyone our age that's as good a person as him.
Well.....OK....so, you know no on your age that is as good as him.
First off....I am not sure how you define a "good" person. Is it piousness? One of the most pious person's I ever knew was later arrested for exposing himself to children. So that cannot be the main criteria per se.
Clearly we know from TV that going to church....or even preaching, does not make a person good. (half of these televangelists end up being crooks).
Maybe I don't personally know "hundreds", but I surely know several. I know that I will put my son's and several of my nephew's and several of my son's friend's character up against Tebow....and I will take them over him.
Again, I am not doubting nor debating Tebow's character.....I am only doubting certain peoples (and Tebow himself is NOT included in this group) that seem to believe that he should have some preference over all the other guys that I have mentioned previously in terms of being given an opportunity to play QB in the NFL.
If you were to ask....which one of these guys would you prefer the Browns sign as a potential backup QB, Troy Smith or Tim Tebow....I would choose Smith.....for his QB skills and nothing else.
Well.....OK....so, you know no on your age that is as good as him.
First off....I am not sure how you define a "good" person. Is it piousness? One of the most pious person's I ever knew was later arrested for exposing himself to children. So that cannot be the main criteria per se.
Clearly we know from TV that going to church....or even preaching, does not make a person good. (half of these televangelists end up being crooks).
Maybe I don't personally know "hundreds", but I surely know several. I know that I will put my son's and several of my nephew's and several of my son's friend's character up against Tebow....and I will take them over him.
Again, I am not doubting nor debating Tebow's character.....I am only doubting certain peoples (and Tebow himself is NOT included in this group) that seem to believe that he should have some preference over all the other guys that I have mentioned previously in terms of being given an opportunity to play QB in the NFL.
If you were to ask....which one of these guys would you prefer the Browns sign as a potential backup QB, Troy Smith or Tim Tebow....I would choose Smith.....for his QB skills and nothing else.
So, what, you know like 3 or 4...ish....maybe?
-
Hahaha. I'M the self loather? You're one of the most negative people I've ever seen.
not negative. very intuitive.
i have the power to see through phonies like you. been doing it all my life.
-
Hahaha. I'M the self loather? You're one of the most negative people I've ever seen.
not negative. very intuitive.
i have the power to see through phonies like you. been doing it all my life.
not negative. very intuitive.
i have the.... phonies..... b.een doing it all my life.
me too.....used to love making phonies....like...
Ring
Hello?
Is Bob there?
No Bob live here, sorry.
Ring
Hello?
Is Bob there?
No, I told you, No Bob here.
Ring
Hello!
Is Bo...
STOP CALLING YOU MOTHER *&%^*%%!!!
Ring
HELLO!!!!!?
Hey, this is Bob....any messages for me?
or the ole call the drug store and ask if they have Prince Albert in the can?.....and when they say yes, you say...."better let him out!".....
or....just call and simply ask "have you checked the children?".......freaks em out every time!!....hahahaha.....I love that!
-
-
And I can see through delusional people that belong in a mental institution, like you.
See how easy this silly game is?
-
I can see through windows.
-
i know if i was 20 somethin years old and my life was in front of me i wouldn't spend my whole day on a cleveland browns forum no matter how big a fan i was.
and i'm delusional.
HA!!
-
Too bad for you.
-
Well.....OK....so, you know no on your age that is as good as him.
First off....I am not sure how you define a "good" person. Is it piousness? One of the most pious person's I ever knew was later arrested for exposing himself to children. So that cannot be the main criteria per se.
Clearly we know from TV that going to church....or even preaching, does not make a person good. (half of these televangelists end up being crooks).
Maybe I don't personally know "hundreds", but I surely know several. I know that I will put my son's and several of my nephew's and several of my son's friend's character up against Tebow....and I will take them over him.
Again, I am not doubting nor debating Tebow's character.....I am only doubting certain peoples (and Tebow himself is NOT included in this group) that seem to believe that he should have some preference over all the other guys that I have mentioned previously in terms of being given an opportunity to play QB in the NFL.
If you were to ask....which one of these guys would you prefer the Browns sign as a potential backup QB, Troy Smith or Tim Tebow....I would choose Smith.....for his QB skills and nothing else.
So, what, you know like 3 or 4...ish....maybe?
So, what, you know like 3 or 4...ish....maybe?
20-30 probably. Do you want names?
-
i know if i was 20 somethin years old and my life was in front of me i wouldn't spend my whole day on a cleveland browns forum no matter how big a fan i was.
and i'm delusional.
HA!!
i know if i was 20 somethin years old and my life was in front of me i wouldn't spend my whole day on a cleveland browns forum no matter how big a fan i was.
and i'm delusional.
HA!!
I don't mind it. I spend my whole day looking at computer screens anyway, so at least I'll look at something I like. Unfortunately, porn isn't allowed.
-
How about this.....here are a series of "failed" NFL QBs over the past 10-12 years. Listed alphabetically. Most of these had outstanding college careers. Name the top 5-6 that you would want to bring in as a veteran backup QB for the Browns:
Sam Bradford
Eric Crouch
Chase Daniel
Ken Dorsey
Matt Flynn
Rex Grossman
Joey Harrington
Josh Huepel
Kevin Kolb
Chris Leak
Matt Leinert
Matt Mauck
AJ McCarron
Colt McCoy
Greg McElroy
Terrelle Pryor
Troy Smith
Tim Tebow
Jason White
Vince Young
How about this.....here are a series of "failed" NFL QBs over the past 10-12 years. Listed alphabetically. Most of these had outstanding college careers. Name the top 5-6 that you would want to bring in as a veteran backup QB for the Browns:
AJ McCarron
Just wondering how my boy, AJ made that list given that he hasn't failed and isn't a vet so can't be considered as Browns backup.
"Former Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron spent most of his rookie NFL season working through a shoulder problem. But the runner-up for the 2013 Heisman Trophy earned a place on the Cincinnati Bengals' active roster in the final month of the season and appears healthy heading into 2015's offseason workouts."
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/01/will_aj_mccarron_have_opportun.html
-
i know if i was 20 somethin years old and my life was in front of me i wouldn't spend my whole day on a cleveland browns forum no matter how big a fan i was.
and i'm delusional.
HA!!
I don't mind it. I spend my whole day looking at computer screens anyway, so at least I'll look at something I like. Unfortunately, porn isn't allowed.
I don't mind it. I spend my whole day looking at computer screens anyway, so at least I'll look at something I like. Unfortunately, porn isn't allowed.
Same for me - I'm stuck at a desk all day, might as well enjoy myself watching mik's drunken rage, gipper getting trolled by steelers, steeler trolls having their names changed, and the odd bit of football related news.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login