2009 NFL Pre-Draft Analysis - Cleveland Browns
-
Any certain reports what we got for Winslow? If it's Tampa's second rounder we have a lot of flexibility there. Call me a homer, but Javon Ringer with a mid second rounder is hardly a reach.
-
CMIII
-
Any certain reports what we got for Winslow? If it's Tampa's second rounder we have a lot of flexibility there. Call me a homer, but Javon Ringer with a mid second rounder is hardly a reach.
Any certain reports what we got for Winslow? If it's Tampa's second rounder we have a lot of flexibility there. Call me a homer, but Javon Ringer with a mid second rounder is hardly a reach.
According to all the experts it is.....You said call you a "homer"....Well, you are a homer.
I'll be surprised if he goes in the third round.
-
Any certain reports what we got for Winslow? If it's Tampa's second rounder we have a lot of flexibility there. Call me a homer, but Javon Ringer with a mid second rounder is hardly a reach.
According to all the experts it is.....You said call you a "homer"....Well, you are a homer.
I'll be surprised if he goes in the third round.
QUOTE (hoorta @ Mar 11 2009, 05:14 PM)
Any certain reports what we got for Winslow? If it's Tampa's second rounder we have a lot of flexibility there. Call me a homer, but Javon Ringer with a mid second rounder is hardly a reach.
oldcow1945 said:
According to all the experts it is.....You said call you a "homer"....Well, you are a homer.I'll be surprised if he goes in the third round.
Ringer is from Dayton, so we got plenty of updates on his college career. Respectable 5.2 ypc when he was about the only offense MSU had. Probably too much of a Jerome Harrison clone, but unless we take Wells @ #5 -who out weighs him by 25 pounds (I'm against that idea) the guy should be available later. I'll let the Browns Brass decide his worth- they did interview JR extensively at the combine.
-
Any certain reports what we got for Winslow? If it's Tampa's second rounder we have a lot of flexibility there. Call me a homer, but Javon Ringer with a mid second rounder is hardly a reach.
-
I think its funny how some people aren't considering Rey as a top ten pick, and some still are. I think he is still a possibility for us at 5. In mocks Ive seen him go anywhere from 5 to 26, he's definitely a wildcard.
-
I think its funny how some people aren't considering Rey as a top ten pick, and some still are. I think he is still a possibility for us at 5. In mocks Ive seen him go anywhere from 5 to 26, he's definitely a wildcard.
I think its funny how some people aren't considering Rey as a top ten pick, and some still are. I think he is still a possibility for us at 5. In mocks Ive seen him go anywhere from 5 to 26, he's definitely a wildcard.
I think it is still way to early to tell. Everything depends on who gets traded, how many draft picks we end up with and who we sign in FA.
Then the wildcard is can we trade down. I believe if we can drop down into the #10 to #16 range Maualuga would certainly be on the radar. I don't know if they are completely sold on Orapko yet. I guess the pro days and individual workouts will tell a lot also.
-
I think its funny how some people aren't considering Rey as a top ten pick, and some still are. I think he is still a possibility for us at 5. In mocks Ive seen him go anywhere from 5 to 26, he's definitely a wildcard.
I think it is still way to early to tell. Everything depends on who gets traded, how many draft picks we end up with and who we sign in FA.
Then the wildcard is can we trade down. I believe if we can drop down into the #10 to #16 range Maualuga would certainly be on the radar. I don't know if they are completely sold on Orapko yet. I guess the pro days and individual workouts will tell a lot also.
I think it is still way to early to tell. Everything depends on who gets traded, how many draft picks we end up with and who we sign in FA.
Then the wildcard is can we trade down. I believe if we can drop down into the #10 to #16 range Maualuga would certainly be on the radar. I don't know if they are completely sold on Orapko yet. I guess the pro days and individual workouts will tell a lot also.
I think trading down is by far our best option. Unless you are sure Curry is a 100% stud (and he is still available) then try and move back to fill more holes in this great draft year. Of course, trading back is extremely extremely difficult. I'm looking at a perfect world here.
I'm not sure I'm sold on Orakpo either. He reminds me of Wimbley quite a bit. not saying that is a bad thing...I still think Wimbley can turn things around. Having a more aggressive defense and an actual rusher opposite him will help immensely. "one trick pony" or what ever you wanna call him...we can uses his strengths better (cause we sure didn't before).
-
The very questions you have about our selection are the reasons why trading down is going to be difficult.
We are probably stuck at #5...if so, beyond all else, we MUST take the best player we can without giving much regard to the position played.
-
I think it is still way to early to tell. Everything depends on who gets traded, how many draft picks we end up with and who we sign in FA.
Then the wildcard is can we trade down. I believe if we can drop down into the #10 to #16 range Maualuga would certainly be on the radar. I don't know if they are completely sold on Orapko yet. I guess the pro days and individual workouts will tell a lot also.
I think trading down is by far our best option. Unless you are sure Curry is a 100% stud (and he is still available) then try and move back to fill more holes in this great draft year. Of course, trading back is extremely extremely difficult. I'm looking at a perfect world here.
I'm not sure I'm sold on Orakpo either. He reminds me of Wimbley quite a bit. not saying that is a bad thing...I still think Wimbley can turn things around. Having a more aggressive defense and an actual rusher opposite him will help immensely. "one trick pony" or what ever you wanna call him...we can uses his strengths better (cause we sure didn't before).
I think trading down is by far our best option. Unless you are sure Curry is a 100% stud (and he is still available) then try and move back to fill more holes in this great draft year. Of course, trading back is extremely extremely difficult. I'm looking at a perfect world here.
I'm not sure I'm sold on Orakpo either. He reminds me of Wimbley quite a bit. not saying that is a bad thing...I still think Wimbley can turn things around. Having a more aggressive defense and an actual rusher opposite him will help immensely. "one trick pony" or what ever you wanna call him...we can uses his strengths better (cause we sure didn't before).
first, our defense is gonna be no more aggressive this year than it was last year because mangini and crennell run the same scheme. it's the same vanilla 3-4 with the occasional blitz, and we also got the bad ryan to coordinate it. he's not the aggressive, imaginative one. he's the guy who raider fans were laughing at us hiring.
second, orakpo and wimbley couldn't be more different. wimbley's a pure speed rusher who, in college, got sacks because tackles couldn't keep up with him while he took a wide loop to the QB. yes, he's got a nice-looking spin move, but he's a pure finesse rusher.
orakpo has a speed rush to the outside, a bull rush, and an inside rip where he gets the tackle thinking he's rushing to the outside, then, when the tackle turns to face out, blasts his right arm through the tackle's inside shoulder and gets inside him. their skill sets are completely different.
wimbley also had a career high of 2.5 sacks before notching an astounding 7.5 as a senior, while orakpo managed 5 in consecutive years while still seeing limited action before posting 11.5 in his only year as a full-time starter.
the last big difference between the two is strength. wimbley put up 24 reps in the bench press while orakpo managed 31. some of that is possibly because orakpo's a bit of a workout warrior, but a real workout warrior is someone who doesn't transition his measurables to the turf, and orakpo certainly does that.
comparing the two really makes no sense.
-
Best top 10 of a mock I've seen....the rest???? not so much.... St.louis very well take a QB.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true
-
Best top 10 of a mock I've seen....the rest???? not so much.... St.louis very well take a QB.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true
Best top 10 of a mock I've seen....the rest???? not so much.... St.louis very well take a QB.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true
I agree I would be estatic if the Chiefs to Orakpo leaving us Curry.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login