Skip to content

Joe Jurevicius released

The Browns Board
43 29 3.4k
  • he will retire

  • Was he even going to be 100% healthy and ready for camp ?

  • Dunno, but it reminds me how much I'd like the Browns to get a possession receiver. Someone who has sure hands, runs sharp routes, and is a great place to look on 3rd down.

  • can anybody link Joe's press conference that he had towards the end of the year last year were he talked about growing up tailgating and going to browns games. I cant seem to find it and it was without a doubt the best press conference I've ever heard. almost shedded a tear. If anyone can find it thanks alot

  • I JUST DON'T GET ALL THE LOVE FOR THIS GUY WHO PLAYED ONLY 1 SEASON HERE.. GOOD GUY BUT GEEZ

    @sez.ej said:

    I JUST DON'T GET ALL THE LOVE FOR THIS GUY WHO PLAYED ONLY 1 SEASON HERE.. GOOD GUY BUT GEEZ

    I don't see anybody worshiping the guy, just giving him his props. What exactly is the problem with that? He's from Mentor, grew up a Browns fan and came back home to play. He had an awful injury issue that may well have ended his career. Dude was a hardcore player and tough as nails, he embodied what being a Brown is even if it was just for one year of actual PT.

    I really don't get the negativity on this board sometimes.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    tony rizzo is a self-indulged dumb-ass who has no idea what he is talking about. he is one of the biggest fair weather fan/announcers i have ever heard. he really is an asshole

    Who looks like the dumbass now?

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    Who looks like the dumbass now?

    i wasn't commenting on how he wasn't right, i was saying this as a statement of fact. he may have the best sources in the world but i still think he is a jackass. he acts so arrogant like his opinions are the only way to think and that his shit doesn't stink. he is honestly one of the most arrogant conceded men i have ever heard. that comment had nothing to do with jurevicius.

  • It kinda sucks but i think many of us expected jj to not come back one way or another..as for stallworth and butterfingers we will have to wait and see what mankok has in mind for them but i would not count out both of them being traded..BE lacks the tools and tude to play under this regime and stallworthless just blows chunks..

  • Whats that another 2-3 million off the cap. Maybe there gonna see who can play this year then spend 50 million in free agency next year, like the Jets did last year.

  • Not a big surprise and a good move IMO. Joe was a good receiver but he had a real mess with his knee and if you combine that with his age he would not have been the same player this year.

  • Cough, cough ...Crabtree.

  • I'm sorry to see Joe J go but his time is up. Age and injuries. As for Rizzo....I don't know ANYTHING about his private life, but I DO know he led the charge that has kept Uncle Scum out of the Hall Of fame...and for that...he gets a lifetime free pass from me.

    Doug

  • Nice.

    Yinz give him the staph then toss him out on the street in true stains fashion.

    I wonder if he knows a good lawyer.

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

  • Nice.

    Yinz give him the staph then toss him out on the street in true stains fashion.

    I wonder if he knows a good lawyer.

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

    Steeler SChuck said:

    Nice.

    Yinz give him the staph then toss him out on the street in true stains fashion.

    I wonder if he knows a good lawyer.

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

    You know what they say about people that live in glass houses? I was real impressed about the concern Steeler fans had for Joe Gilliam and Mike Webster when they really were living out on the street.

  • In the end, Joe wasn't going to fit in to the plans.

    Great guy who had a nice career, but a guy who wasn't going to help us long term.

    He may have been able to help us this season to some degree, but his roster spot would mean someone else would need to be cut...and possibly that someone would have been a guy who could be helping us 4-5 years down the road.

    I know everybody wanted Joe to retire a Cleveland Brown, but evidently Joe didn't want that.

  • Nice.

    Yinz give him the staph then toss him out on the street in true stains fashion.

    I wonder if he knows a good lawyer.

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

    Steeler SChuck said:

    Nice.

    Yinz give him the staph then toss him out on the street in true stains fashion.

    I wonder if he knows a good lawyer.

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

    And for the record, his procedure that he contracted Staph from did NOT take place in Cleveland. It was California, I believe.

  • I JUST DON'T GET ALL THE LOVE FOR THIS GUY WHO PLAYED ONLY 1 SEASON HERE.. GOOD GUY BUT GEEZ

    @sez.ej said:

    I JUST DON'T GET ALL THE LOVE FOR THIS GUY WHO PLAYED ONLY 1 SEASON HERE.. GOOD GUY BUT GEEZ

    It's about always being a Browns fan, which Joey J. was & is. We're the best fans in the game, and he got to live the ultimate Browns fan's dream.

  • OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Staph isnt something you 'catch' from anywhere specific. Pretty much everyone is exposed to it, it just doesn't decide to act up in everyone. Every single NFL lockerroom has staph in it.

  • Staph isnt something you 'catch' from anywhere specific. Pretty much everyone is exposed to it, it just doesn't decide to act up in everyone. Every single NFL lockerroom has staph in it.

    AdaM said:

    Staph isnt something you 'catch' from anywhere specific. Pretty much everyone is exposed to it, it just doesn't decide to act up in everyone. Every single NFL lockerroom has staph in it.

    so does every single room in the cleveland clinic

  • Nice.

    Yinz give him the staph then toss him out on the street in true stains fashion.

    I wonder if he knows a good lawyer.

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

    Steeler SChuck said:

    Nice.

    Yinz give him the staph then toss him out on the street in true stains fashion.

    I wonder if he knows a good lawyer.

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

    😧

    Go away. I want to hit you. I went to the same high school as him. I wish they'd let him play, but that's probably the only reason. If it was any other 34 year old dude with 7 knee surgeries, I don't think I'd have given him being cut a second thought.