Skip to content

Rucker/Hubbard

The Browns Board
68 15 4.0k
  • AdaM said:

    I can make ridiculous requests too, give me an example of a center who weighed less than 300lbs in college but is now over 320lbs and has made 3 pro-bowls.

    So what you're saying is by the time you hit physical maturity, you are physically unable to improve your catching ability?

    How much is the weed you buy?

    Good comparison....yikes. Just like a QB... you have touch or you don't! You can catch or you can't....you guys are funny.

    @solon16 said:

    Good comparison....yikes. Just like a QB... you have touch or you don't! You can catch or you can't....you guys are funny.

    I'm sorry, what team do you play for?

  • You obviously didn't make the debate team...

    you can't teach someone to catch after the age of 8! You got it or you don't.

  • Practice makes perfect!

  • I can practice drawing all day...I can learn shading, outlining, dimension vs space....I still can't draw for sheeot!

  • You obviously didn't make the debate team...

    you can't teach someone to catch after the age of 8! You got it or you don't.

    @solon16 said:

    You obviously didn't make the debate team...

    you can't teach someone to catch after the age of 8! You got it or you don't.

    so your saying as long as you teach them before their 8 they can learn, but after that they cant.

    thats was a pretty rediculous statement

  • Savage trades leave Browns lacking draft choices

    By Steve Doerschuk

    CantonRep.com staff report

    Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 07:53 PM

    Maybe this is the year Martin Rucker and Paul Hubbard break through.

    If not, Eric Mangini may rue the day Phil Savage traded up to draft those two pass catchers who, as 2008 rookies, combined to give the Browns two catches for 17 yards.

    As it appears now, both trades could turn into rip-offs.

    During last April’s draft, while waiting through three rounds in which the Browns had no picks, Savage grew eager to make what splash he could.

    Rucker was still on the board in Round 4. Savage seized upon a chance to get the Missouri tight end who had caught 84 passes in 2007.

    Savage sent Dallas a third-round pick in 2009 in exchange for a fourth-round pick. He spent the pick on Rucker.

    Hubbard, a track star with a big body, was still on the board in Round 6. He didn’t have big stats at Wisconsin, but he was a confident fellow who fancied himself as talented as Braylon Edwards.

    To get the Round 6 rights to Hubbard, Savage had to ship a fifth-round pick in 2009 to the Eagles.

    At the end of his day of trading, Savage said:

    “I just felt like we put so much time and energy in to the second day of the draft, we might as well strike while the iron is hot.”

    The Browns went cold. Savage is gone, but the bill is still due.

    The price for Rucker, a No. 111 overall pick, is a No. 69 overall selection, dealt to Dallas.

    The price for Hubbard, the 25th pick of last year’s sixth round, is the fifth pick of this year’s fifth round, forked over to Philadelphia.

    With Kellen Winslow gone and the Browns’ wide receiver corps coming off an awful year, there’s still a chance Rucker and Hubbard could vindicate the trades, if they develop.

    Meanwhile, a seventh-round pick was basically thrown away. Faced with a corrnerback shortage last summer, Savage traded a 2009 Round 7 pick to the Dolphins for cornerback Travis Daniels. Daniels was a nonentity for the 2008 Browns and Tuesday signed with the Chiefs.

    Browns’ draft picks

    Round 1 No. 5 overall

    Round 2 No. 36 overall and No. 50 overall (from Tampa Bay).

    Round 3 Pick traded to Dallas, No. 69 overall.

    Round 4 Fourth pick*.

    Round 5 Pick traded to Philadelphia*.

    Round 6 Fourth pick*.

    Round 7 Pick traded to Miami*.

    * — exact number to be determined when the NFL assigns compensatory picks.

    @ballpeen said:

    Savage trades leave Browns lacking draft choices

    By Steve Doerschuk

    CantonRep.com staff report

    Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 07:53 PM

    Maybe this is the year Martin Rucker and Paul Hubbard break through.

    If not, Eric Mangini may rue the day Phil Savage traded up to draft those two pass catchers who, as 2008 rookies, combined to give the Browns two catches for 17 yards.

    As it appears now, both trades could turn into rip-offs.

    During last April’s draft, while waiting through three rounds in which the Browns had no picks, Savage grew eager to make what splash he could.

    Rucker was still on the board in Round 4. Savage seized upon a chance to get the Missouri tight end who had caught 84 passes in 2007.

    Savage sent Dallas a third-round pick in 2009 in exchange for a fourth-round pick. He spent the pick on Rucker.

    Hubbard, a track star with a big body, was still on the board in Round 6. He didn’t have big stats at Wisconsin, but he was a confident fellow who fancied himself as talented as Braylon Edwards.

    To get the Round 6 rights to Hubbard, Savage had to ship a fifth-round pick in 2009 to the Eagles.

    At the end of his day of trading, Savage said:

    “I just felt like we put so much time and energy in to the second day of the draft, we might as well strike while the iron is hot.”

    The Browns went cold. Savage is gone, but the bill is still due.

    The price for Rucker, a No. 111 overall pick, is a No. 69 overall selection, dealt to Dallas.

    The price for Hubbard, the 25th pick of last year’s sixth round, is the fifth pick of this year’s fifth round, forked over to Philadelphia.

    With Kellen Winslow gone and the Browns’ wide receiver corps coming off an awful year, there’s still a chance Rucker and Hubbard could vindicate the trades, if they develop.

    Meanwhile, a seventh-round pick was basically thrown away. Faced with a corrnerback shortage last summer, Savage traded a 2009 Round 7 pick to the Dolphins for cornerback Travis Daniels. Daniels was a nonentity for the 2008 Browns and Tuesday signed with the Chiefs.

    Browns’ draft picks

    Round 1 No. 5 overall

    Round 2 No. 36 overall and No. 50 overall (from Tampa Bay).

    Round 3 Pick traded to Dallas, No. 69 overall.

    Round 4 Fourth pick*.

    Round 5 Pick traded to Philadelphia*.

    Round 6 Fourth pick*.

    Round 7 Pick traded to Miami*.

    * — exact number to be determined when the NFL assigns compensatory picks.

    Sorry to high jack the thread peen.....

    Bottom line......The price for Hubbard, the 25th pick of last year’s sixth round, is the fifth pick of this year’s fifth round, forked over to Philadelphia.

  • @solon16 said:

    You obviously didn't make the debate team...

    you can't teach someone to catch after the age of 8! You got it or you don't.

    so your saying as long as you teach them before their 8 they can learn, but after that they cant.

    thats was a pretty rediculous statement

    nmills said:

    so your saying as long as you teach them before their 8 they can learn, but after that they cant.

    thats was a pretty rediculous statement

    It's called tongue cheek....... 🙄

  • nmills said:

    so your saying as long as you teach them before their 8 they can learn, but after that they cant.

    thats was a pretty rediculous statement

    It's called tongue cheek....... 🙄

    @solon16 said:

    It's called tongue cheek....... 🙄

    Well you're absolutely dreadful at being coy. Does that mean you can never improve?

  • @solon16 said:

    You obviously didn't make the debate team...

    you can't teach someone to catch after the age of 8! You got it or you don't.

    so your saying as long as you teach them before their 8 they can learn, but after that they cant.

    thats was a pretty rediculous statement

    nmills said:

    so your saying as long as you teach them before their 8 they can learn, but after that they cant.

    thats was a pretty rediculous statement

    OK how about 20? Another analogy....hitting a curve ball.....you can or you can't

  • nmills said:

    so your saying as long as you teach them before their 8 they can learn, but after that they cant.

    thats was a pretty rediculous statement

    OK how about 20? Another analogy....hitting a curve ball.....you can or you can't

    @solon16 said:

    OK how about 20?

    If I can teach my 3 year old to catch im pretty sure i could teach anyone to catch. As long as you can see straight and have hands your good to go

  • nmills said:

    so your saying as long as you teach them before their 8 they can learn, but after that they cant.

    thats was a pretty rediculous statement

    OK how about 20? Another analogy....hitting a curve ball.....you can or you can't

    @solon16 said:

    OK how about 20? Another analogy....hitting a curve ball.....you can or you can't

    Also not true, you have to learn to drop your shoulder and wait.

    According to your logic there is absolutely no reason to ever practice anything, you either can or ya cant... please.

  • I can practice drawing all day...I can learn shading, outlining, dimension vs space....I still can't draw for sheeot!

    @solon16 said:

    I can practice drawing all day...I can learn shading, outlining, dimension vs space....I still can't draw for sheeot!

    Seems like a personal problem. I believe you can continually get better at what you do (as long as your body allows it ::regarding age:: ) If you aren't looking to improve in life then you're not doing enough. Hubbard's job is to improve his skill set and his young body/mind has the ability to do so...

  • I'm not talking about improving...sure anyone can improve.....but this is the NFL. It's littered with guys that were good enough to get there but you have to be good at catching to stay. MLB Baseball is littered with guys who could hit fastballs but never the curve. At the elite level...you got it or you don't. sooo funny 😆

  • I'm not talking about improving...sure anyone can improve.....but this is the NFL. It's littered with guys that were good enough to get there but you have to be good at catching to stay. MLB Baseball is littered with guys who could hit fastballs but never the curve. At the elite level...you got it or you don't. sooo funny 😆

    @solon16 said:

    I'm not talking about improving...sure anyone can improve.....but this is the NFL. It's littered with guys that were good enough to get there but you have to be good at catching to stay. MLB Baseball is littered with guys who could hit fastballs but never the curve. At the elite level...you got it or you don't. sooo funny 😆

    Going off what you've said..

    32 NFL teams are idiots for taking on late round picks year after year after year to work and develop these guys? If they have no chance of improving their ability to catch a football...then, why waste the time and money?

  • I'm not talking about improving...sure anyone can improve.....but this is the NFL. It's littered with guys that were good enough to get there but you have to be good at catching to stay. MLB Baseball is littered with guys who could hit fastballs but never the curve. At the elite level...you got it or you don't. sooo funny 😆

    @solon16 said:

    I'm not talking about improving...sure anyone can improve.....but this is the NFL. It's littered with guys that were good enough to get there but you have to be good at catching to stay. MLB Baseball is littered with guys who could hit fastballs but never the curve. At the elite level...you got it or you don't. sooo funny 😆

    Everybody knocks TO for dropping passes but he has some off the best stats in the NFL.

    Theres not a WR in the NFL that cant catch, its about having the mental toughness to be able to produce when the pressures on.

  • I'm not talking about improving...sure anyone can improve.....but this is the NFL. It's littered with guys that were good enough to get there but you have to be good at catching to stay. MLB Baseball is littered with guys who could hit fastballs but never the curve. At the elite level...you got it or you don't. sooo funny 😆

    @solon16 said:

    I'm not talking about improving...sure anyone can improve.....but this is the NFL. It's littered with guys that were good enough to get there but you have to be good at catching to stay. MLB Baseball is littered with guys who could hit fastballs but never the curve. At the elite level...you got it or you don't. sooo funny 😆

    I'm sure there are planty people on this board who think DA can be taught to throw a touch pass....ha ha ha ha

  • I guess you guys are all going to telling me I can try to learn how to kick field goals.! If I try hard enough I can learn! Hogwash

  • I guess you guys are all going to telling me I can try to learn how to kick field goals.! If I try hard enough I can learn! Hogwash

    @solon16 said:

    I guess you guys are all going to telling me I can try to learn how to kick field goals.! If I try hard enough I can learn! Hogwash

    Sure you can, doesn't mean you'll be clutch under pressure. But as long as you're not a fat, lazy, glutton- you should be able to learn how to kick a 40 yarder with reasonable consistency.

  • "Actually you probably could learn. Could you be an NFL kicker?" "Sure you can, doesn't mean you'll be clutch under pressure."

    HA, thank you so very much! 😛

  • You ought to appreciate this Golfer.....

    I've played golf since I was 8 years old....and I got better. still a 12 handicap though....you see it comes down to putting. And

    I can drive the ball 320 but not always in the fairway.

    I can catch the ball pretty well too......but I'm being myopic....ha ha ha