Shaffer released
-
cool. let's release a bunch of dudes who we don't have replacements for. sounds like a great idea to me. mankok knows that we only have five draft picks, right?
-
I wonder why there so worried about freeing up all this money when there not even spending any. If there going to just build through the draft were going to be 40 million under the cap for the next 3 years. Does Lerner want a fat wallet or are they maybe making room for another high 1st rd. pick.
-
It looks like mankok is attemping to restructure every mediocre and or injury prone vet players salary to the nfl minimum...especially if they are easily replaced with equal or better talent or are expendable...
We have to many benchsucking leeches that are drawing much more money then their feeble play is worth and mankok is obviously looking to take the "prove you are worth more first" approach..I like it!

-
It looks like mankok is attemping to restructure every mediocre and or injury prone vet players salary to the nfl minimum...especially if they are easily replaced with equal or better talent or are expendable...
We have to many benchsucking leeches that are drawing much more money then their feeble play is worth and mankok is obviously looking to take the "prove you are worth more first" approach..I like it!

It looks like mankok is attemping to restructure every mediocre and or injury prone vet players salary to the nfl minimum...especially if they are easily replaced with equal or better talent or are expendable...
We have to many benchsucking leeches that are drawing much more money then their feeble play is worth and mankok is obviously looking to take the "prove you are worth more first" approach..I like it!

Maybe they'll restructure Braylon's and Stallworths contract to
-
i dont have a problem with what these two have done so far. Nothing extreme really...... KW was a bit of a shock but one that has some logical merits.
I suppose I am biased because last season I was harping how we were actually better with Heiden at TE and using kw as a slot third reciever instead. Schaffer is not a shock, I am waiting on JL and what they are going to do with him.
-
He's simply overpaid. It's right to approach him about this.
-
Release a starting RT? I'm baffled that he's on the block, and even more that they can't trade him.
Is there some big FA available that I dont know about? Are we planning to start a bidding war for Peyton Manning?
Maybe this is just posturing to get him to restructure. I hope so.
-
Release a starting RT? I'm baffled that he's on the block, and even more that they can't trade him.
Is there some big FA available that I dont know about? Are we planning to start a bidding war for Peyton Manning?
Maybe this is just posturing to get him to restructure. I hope so.
Maybe this is just posturing to get him to restructure. I hope so.
That's a possibility. On the other hand, there's been some speculation that Mangini & Kokinis want to move towards a more bigger, more physical o-line, which Shaffer isn't a great fit for.
-
Maybe this is just posturing to get him to restructure. I hope so.
That's a possibility. On the other hand, there's been some speculation that Mangini & Kokinis want to move towards a more bigger, more physical o-line, which Shaffer isn't a great fit for.
That makes sense right up to the part where they might release him. He has to be worth something to somebody.Aloysius said:
That's a possibility. On the other hand, there's been some speculation that Mangini & Kokinis want to move towards a more bigger, more physical o-line, which Shaffer isn't a great fit for. -
Well I was getting sick of seeing him get pushed backwards every play anyhow . Hope he declines to restructure . Then he can restructure his career elsewhere .
-
-
Aloysius said:
Shaffer releasedWTF?
-
TheJokersWILD said:
If anybody's contract need restructured it's Stallworth's. I still can figure out why they gave him a 7 year deal.Neither can anyone else. Hence the reason the guy who gave him that contract is no longer here.
-
How much is he still guranteed, and when will it go against the cap
-
I predicted this may happen in about three different threads the last week or so. Not a shock to me at all. Dude was overpaid from the get go.
-
That makes sense right up to the part where they might release him. He has to be worth something to somebody.Aloysius said:
That's a possibility. On the other hand, there's been some speculation that Mangini & Kokinis want to move towards a more bigger, more physical o-line, which Shaffer isn't a great fit for.That makes sense right up to the part where they might release him. He has to be worth something to somebody.
I would have thought so...His base salaries over the next couple years aren't too bad - $2.65M in '09, $2.9M in 2010, then $3.4M for the final two years of the deal. However, some of that may have been guaranteed money, which could have scared away teams.
-
Khalif Barnes would be an excellent pickup at RT, the Jags averaged over 6 ypc behind him last season and i think he'd be a better right tackle....
-
his contract was ludicrous when we signed him to it, but the timing of this is what really makes no sense. it completely tips our draft hand unless we're counting on signing a stopgap solution like khalif barnes, orlando pace or marvel smith.
rich, prepare to be thrilled by the new regime's first draft pick, a top-five tackle. i'm as excited about it as you are.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login