Skip to content

Kiper and McShay say...

The Browns Board
21 10 1.3k
  • I hate these hybrid picks... pick a guy who will play the same position.. I am tired of projects... I want production

    @sez.ej said:

    I hate these hybrid picks... pick a guy who will play the same position.. I am tired of projects... I want production

    Amen

  • Aloysius said:

    Both have Curry going at #3 and Crabtree still available at #5.

    Raji apparently looked great today at his pro day. The Packers' scouting director said that he's now a top five pick, though I'm wondering if character concerns could change that.

    Whats wrong with his character? He seemed like a pretty confident, calm and collected guy at the combine when they had him at the commentating booth. I haven't read much about Raji.

    @snatch98 said:

    Whats wrong with his character? He seemed like a pretty confident, calm and collected guy at the combine when they had him at the commentating booth. I haven't read much about Raji.

    There are reports that he failed multiple drug tests while at BC.

  • I hate these hybrid picks... pick a guy who will play the same position.. I am tired of projects... I want production

    @sez.ej said:

    I hate these hybrid picks... pick a guy who will play the same position.. I am tired of projects... I want production

    That's a huge problem dude, considering that most of the top college prospects do not play in a 3-4 defense. That being said, 99% of the college players even in consideration for the draft would be considered "projects" in this system.

  • Right. If you thought Orapko was the next Demarcus Ware I don't think you'd be too worried that they both played DE in a 4-3 in college. Most everyone has to make the transition. But it's like learning a new sport or something. They can manage if they have the necessary skills.

  • @sez.ej said:

    I hate these hybrid picks... pick a guy who will play the same position.. I am tired of projects... I want production

    That's a huge problem dude, considering that most of the top college prospects do not play in a 3-4 defense. That being said, 99% of the college players even in consideration for the draft would be considered "projects" in this system.

    @thaak said:

    That's a huge problem dude, considering that most of the top college prospects do not play in a 3-4 defense. That being said, 99% of the college players even in consideration for the draft would be considered "projects" in this system.

    This is true....But some are bigger projects than others. This is why I worry about Orakpo and consider him a bigger LB project than other ends such as Connor Barwin. Orakpo has played DE his entire life. He did play some TE in High school but he's basically been a DE since he his freshman year in high school.

    Barwin on the other hand was a TE and special teams guy who didn't start playing DE until his senior year in college. He's going to be much more accustomed to playing in space than an Orakpo. He's not a life long DE. He's an athlete who even played for Cincy's basketball team. Heck, he even played QB in WildDawg formations for his High school team.

    I think he's a better all around athlete and thus may not be as big a project as Orakpo could be in the switch from DE to OLB.

    Orakpo could end up being a great LB just as Gohlston still may end up being a great LB. But you better be ready for some serious growing pains for awhile because these guys may go out there and be completely lost for a long time.

  • @snatch98 said:

    Whats wrong with his character? He seemed like a pretty confident, calm and collected guy at the combine when they had him at the commentating booth. I haven't read much about Raji.

    There are reports that he failed multiple drug tests while at BC.

    Aloysius said:

    There are reports that he failed multiple drug tests while at BC.

    Beating women in a huge red flag. Armed robbery is a huge red flag. Smoking pot isn't IMO. I'd hate to pass on another Warren Sapp because the dude got baked in college.

  • Right. If you thought Orapko was the next Demarcus Ware I don't think you'd be too worried that they both played DE in a 4-3 in college. Most everyone has to make the transition. But it's like learning a new sport or something. They can manage if they have the necessary skills.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    Right. If you thought Orapko was the next Demarcus Ware I don't think you'd be too worried that they both played DE in a 4-3 in college. Most everyone has to make the transition. But it's like learning a new sport or something. They can manage if they have the necessary skills.

    Biggest difference there is Ware ran a 4.56 at the combines. Orakpo runs a 4.7.

    Ware beched 430 lbs while Orakpo benched 515 lbs. I think they are two very different type of DE to OLB projects.

    Orakpo is less finess and more pure strength. Much like a Vernon Gholston.

    Their skills are actually much different

  • The way Raji stormed the commentators booth at the combine, and then proceeded to give Mayock attitude about Mayock's calling him out at the Senior Bowl... seemed a tad egotistical. I think he thinks very, very highly of himself.

  • @inspecta said:

    Exactly. I think they put the figures at something like 70% of the NBA smokes weed.

    I could give two shits less about that, it's a non issue for me, as long as he's not showing up to practice or games high I could care less. It's the same as having a few beers after work.

    As long as it just weed and stays weed only. As the cash comes rolling in these guys have been known to fall in love with cocaine.

  • Aloysius said:

    There are reports that he failed multiple drug tests while at BC.

    Beating women in a huge red flag. Armed robbery is a huge red flag. Smoking pot isn't IMO. I'd hate to pass on another Warren Sapp because the dude got baked in college.

    mz. said:

    Beating women in a huge red flag. Armed robbery is a huge red flag. Smoking pot isn't IMO. I'd hate to pass on another Warren Sapp because the dude got baked in college.

    But it does become an issue if he continues to do it, and with the history, he'll probably be tested more often and get suspended easier and longer. Doesn't do any good to be Warren Sapp if you can't play.

  • mz. said:

    Beating women in a huge red flag. Armed robbery is a huge red flag. Smoking pot isn't IMO. I'd hate to pass on another Warren Sapp because the dude got baked in college.

    But it does become an issue if he continues to do it, and with the history, he'll probably be tested more often and get suspended easier and longer. Doesn't do any good to be Warren Sapp if you can't play.

    @nebbrownsfan said:

    But it does become an issue if he continues to do it, and with the history, he'll probably be tested more often and get suspended easier and longer. Doesn't do any good to be Warren Sapp if you can't play.

    Yeah, that's a big issue.

    Plus, you don't want a guy who's had trouble keeping his weight down getting the munchies 😉

  • The way Raji stormed the commentators booth at the combine, and then proceeded to give Mayock attitude about Mayock's calling him out at the Senior Bowl... seemed a tad egotistical. I think he thinks very, very highly of himself.

    @dtbh said:

    The way Raji stormed the commentators booth at the combine, and then proceeded to give Mayock attitude about Mayock's calling him out at the Senior Bowl... seemed a tad egotistical. I think he thinks very, very highly of himself.

    I've heard from someone who's spoken to him personally that he does indeed give off that impression.