Just Say No To Malcom Jenkins
-
Representatives from 29 NFL teams were in Columbus on Friday for Ohio State's pro day, as a number of Buckeyes hoped to improve their marks from the combine.
Defensive back Malcolm Jenkins did not improve and ran poorly again. Jenkins' 40 times ranged between 4.46-4.53 seconds on the Buckeyes' super-fast track. Usually, .07-.1 seconds are added to the times from the Ohio State pro day because of the fast surface. After the workout, Jenkins seemed resigned that he'll likely make the move to safety in the NFL, saying he'll take at it as a positive.
Running back Beanie Wells showed marked improvement Friday. The big ball carrier had stop watches reading from 4.34-4.46 seconds before any adjustments were made. Wells said he worked hard since the combine to get his time down. He told the media after workout he stayed up as late as 10 p.m. some evenings to work on his start to knock off precious tenths.
Three-time Al-American linebacker James Laurinaitis ran uninspired times between 4.68-4.78 seconds, while wide receiver Brian Robiskie was in the 4.5-second range.
-
-
Hey, I think he's more valuable to us now with that slower time.
What???
Corner isn't an area of need. Safety is. Just sayin'.
mz. said:
Hey, I think he's more valuable to us now with that slower time.What???
Corner isn't an area of need. Safety is. Just sayin'.
But a shutdown corner IS valuable at number 5 a conversion safety is not.
-
-
I think Jenkins is going to drop big time, probably the furthest of any player. Those times suck ass and he'll never play corner with that. Plus, how the hell do you draft a corner to play safety highly? That's absolutely stupid.
Jenkins is a good, instinctual football player, but he may drop all the way to the second round. I think this being a weak safety and corner class will help him though, and he could be in the Browns radar if they stockpile more second rounders.
Keep in mind Pool is no lock to be around next year and could be trade bait, so a guy like Jenkins would step right in and probably start at FS.
-
I think Jenkins is going to drop big time, probably the furthest of any player. Those times suck ass and he'll never play corner with that. Plus, how the hell do you draft a corner to play safety highly? That's absolutely stupid.
Jenkins is a good, instinctual football player, but he may drop all the way to the second round. I think this being a weak safety and corner class will help him though, and he could be in the Browns radar if they stockpile more second rounders.
Keep in mind Pool is no lock to be around next year and could be trade bait, so a guy like Jenkins would step right in and probably start at FS.
I think Jenkins is going to drop big time, probably the furthest of any player. Those times suck ass and he'll never play corner with that. Plus, how the hell do you draft a corner to play safety highly? That's absolutely stupid.
Jenkins is a good, instinctual football player, but he may drop all the way to the second round. I think this being a weak safety and corner class will help him though, and he could be in the Browns radar if they stockpile more second rounders.
Keep in mind Pool is no lock to be around next year and could be trade bait, so a guy like Jenkins would step right in and probably start at FS.
Pool is one concussion away from retirement.....................................
I believe he will still go mid to bottom of the first round. I look as his play on the field and don't see him getting beat. Some scouts at the pro day said they still see him as the #1 corner in the draft. some say he could play corner but he could be an all pro FS. I'd certainly take him if we didn't have a must need at SS.
-
I think Jenkins is going to drop big time, probably the furthest of any player. Those times suck ass and he'll never play corner with that. Plus, how the hell do you draft a corner to play safety highly? That's absolutely stupid.
Jenkins is a good, instinctual football player, but he may drop all the way to the second round. I think this being a weak safety and corner class will help him though, and he could be in the Browns radar if they stockpile more second rounders.
Keep in mind Pool is no lock to be around next year and could be trade bait, so a guy like Jenkins would step right in and probably start at FS.
Pool is one concussion away from retirement.....................................
I believe he will still go mid to bottom of the first round. I look as his play on the field and don't see him getting beat. Some scouts at the pro day said they still see him as the #1 corner in the draft. some say he could play corner but he could be an all pro FS. I'd certainly take him if we didn't have a must need at SS.
Pool is one concussion away from retirement.....................................
I believe he will still go mid to bottom of the first round. I look as his play on the field and don't see him getting beat. Some scouts at the pro day said they still see him as the #1 corner in the draft. some say he could play corner but he could be an all pro FS. I'd certainly take him if we didn't have a must need at SS.
Good point about Pool's concussion history Ytown, that makes total sense. This regime seems to be trying to get rid of the injury problem guys, so that may make Pool even more expendable to move him while he still has value.
I've been quite underwhelmed by Pool. Coming in, I loved his athleticism, the fact he played at a big time school and he is a smart kid. However, his smarts have not correlated to instinctual play and ever since he got his first concussion in his rookie preseason he seems like he'll be knocked out with one hit.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login