PERSONAL ATTACKS, FEELINGS ETC.
-
Beautiful, you've now made it known where you're coming from, which is an internet tough guy. The JL thread you can't do anything but call people names.
I did not call names and I did not try to be tough.
I called Laurenitis as what I see him as... a sluggish player. And I called the Big Ten what I see it as... a slow conference. That's not name-calling.
If you think it is, you've got a lot to learn about name-calling.
I'm sorry that the truths about OSU and JL get all the little OSU cheerleaders panties in a bunch so much so that they had to go make an entire thread about it.(That's name-calling.)
-
@inspecta said:
I figured you'd come back with some snide response.Listen, just answer this for me.
For about a week now Rich has been posting a thread about Shaun Rogers and why or why not we should release him. THe last thread had quite a few responses and no flaming whatsoever other than from ytown. There were even a few people who agreed with him, and yet that thread was deleted for no reason other than who RIch is.
Now Rich is banned for some reason, again no explanation or anything. Now you guys certainly aren't required to explain your actions, but don't pin a thread up to the top talking about respecting others when you don't respect the people who post here. Now I realize that Rich has been a huge asshole at times, but he's also shared a lot of good football with us as well.
I'm sure you're going to come back with another snide comment about how Rich and I are buds and the such, but it really has nothing to do with him, other people's threads/posts go bye bye with no explanation as to why when they have absolutely no flaming in them whatsoever.
I said it in another thread and it bears repeating here, good message boards very rarely delete threads, if a thread is deemed inappropriate it is locked with a note from the moderator who locked it as to why they locked it.
Here we have a group of mods who delete behind a curtain with no accountability for their actions, even stan made mention of how you guys basically propped him up as the fall guy for all the unpopular deletions of threads/posts.
And in reality I could care less how it's run, however like I said when you pin a thread to the top of the board asking everybody to respect each other when none is shown to us I just have to laugh.
You want to ask questions feel free to give me a PM, preferably not a Rich email calling me an asshole for the millionth time. This thread is not going to be turned into another fooking da ich thread.
-
OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.
I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.
-
@inspecta said:
Here we have a group of mods who delete behind a curtain with no accountability for their actions, even stan made mention of how you guys basically propped him up as the fall guy for all the unpopular deletions of threads/posts.Inspecta,
Me having to come in and explain why once again Rich has found himself on the wrong side of the moderation is actually silly, but I'll play along.
I suspended Rich. I suspended him until I can figure out how to hold his posts in a moderation que until I can get around to approving them for public. It may be 24hrs, it may be a week, it may be a very long time ... I'm in no rush.
I don't personally police this site as much as I probably should. I take time off in most off-seasons and respect the hell out of friends who serve as moderators on their own voluntary time during my absence as well as stand shoulder-to-shoulder with me when I do feel like participating in the forum for my own personal enjoyment.
I take into account for over-zealous moderators. I'm pretty soft at moving to a point of suspending anyone. But when I do visit the forum after being absent, I look through the Admin controls and logs to get a feel for how much moderation is/was needed. When I see a member like Rich4eagle have so many warning marks that they no longer register because he is maxed out, I raise an eye brow. When I see that those warnings came from at least four different moderators and not just one over-zealous one ... I start to draw interest. When I observe the forum for just a short stint and see that same member spouting off about moderation, I then know it is time to silence the jackass because warning just don't do. When I see the name on the account as a ten-year repeat offender, I shake my head and think of what a douch-bag I am for "consistiently" allowing the mutant to even waste all of our time.
I don't give a rat-ass how much football speak he or you claim he brings to this forum, it ain't worth the volunteers time who care enough to assist in the creation and exsistance of this forum.
This is the best group of moderators this place has ever seen. We are primed for a great season in 2009-2010, hope you all enjoy.
-
OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.
I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.
mz. said:
OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.
Good on ya mz the pussy.
Sorry for what's going on at the Political forum.
-
mz. said:
OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.
Good on ya mz the pussy.
Sorry for what's going on at the Political forum.
Sorry for what's going on at the Political forum.
The Political Forum is another beast altogether, though I must say it is moderated beautifully by great dudes. It just gets ugly by nature, and I get that, but some people need to know that attacking someone's family members isn't something MEN do.
Plus, like my wife would even look at that scumbag.

-
I hope not much more needs to be said after Zombo's post. He nailed it.
-
Inspecta,
We are leaning toward a measure where we hold a violators post in a holding que until we can review it, approve it, and make it public. That way, we could double-check the history of the feud between the offender and moderator.
However, I will say that we really don't have the time and/or resources for this and so as a second measure we are checking with Kindercare to see if they a special program we can adopt.
-
OK...I'm no stranger to arguments here. I've both made personal attacks and received them numerous times. That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. Less than one hour ago in the Political Forum, a poster told me he fcuked my wife. Mind you this isn't the first time this has happened. And why, you ask, did today's attack on my wife occur? Because the clown I was "arguing" with never has anything intelligent to counter with besides personal attacks. This is a football board, and because I'm Liberal and from California, I've been called a faggot more times than you can possibly imagine. I understand this kind of shit happens when machismo gets in the way of discussion, but bringing family members into the fray is just pathetic and crosses a line MEN shouldn't cross. Call me a fag, fine. Call my wife a whore and we have problems.
I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize to one poster in particular...Vegasdogg. I have recently attacked him personally when I shouldn't have, and I will do my best to refrain from such activities in the future. I can be a dick, but that kind of stuff isn't what I'm all about.
mz. said:
That being said, some things are just out of bounds. Like people's families, wives, girlfriends, children, pets, mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc.Pets???? Dammit, I was just about ready to make a snide remark about Dan in Florida's cat.
-
Riffer .. I like that you say to respect each other while you insult half the people on the board. You begin with people of religious views calling saying it is "self righteous bullshit". Way to be respectful. However I do realize this is a direct attack on me because I am unashamed to say I am a Christian. Trust me there are many more on this board.. Then you insult the buckeye fans as "blindly loyal meatheads" . ....Then you say it's ok to insult people from western Pa. I guess steeler fans are not worthy of your respect. Your icon is a direct insult to Lums... you go after him constantly.... Then you threaten people with being banned if they disrespect others... the whole while you are insulting half the people on the board.. NICE WORK. .. ........ (Lecture # 1,788)
-
Beautiful, you've now made it known where you're coming from, which is an internet tough guy. The JL thread you can't do anything but call people names.
I did not call names and I did not try to be tough.
I called Laurenitis as what I see him as... a sluggish player. And I called the Big Ten what I see it as... a slow conference. That's not name-calling.
If you think it is, you've got a lot to learn about name-calling.
I'm sorry that the truths about OSU and JL get all the little OSU cheerleaders panties in a bunch so much so that they had to go make an entire thread about it.(That's name-calling.)
I did not call names and I did not try to be tough.
You called YS an "OSU fag".
You started a reply to one of my post with "Hey genius"....This was meant in a derogatory manner obviously.
It's too bad when people cannot have an intelligent discussion and disagree. Simple point and counter point. Sure, we may throw some mild barbs at one another with a rolling eye icon, but this "OSU fag" stuff is for those who can't stand the heat and resort to attacking the messenger and not the message.
I had a spirited football debate with Aloy.......He may not have liked all of my post and I didn't like all of his. But calling him a SEC fag would've been the farthest thing from my mind. I'm not mad at him. There isn't any anger involved. You seem really bitter. It's too bad.
I'll never agree with you that the Big Ten is slower. So what? Is it so important for you to be right that you'll resort to name calling to try and make a point? If that's the case then a public discussion forum is poor place for you to be.
Now on top of the name calling you are lying about what you said or didn't say. Are you without any scruples?
If you can't be anything else, I wish you'd be honest.
-
I did not call names and I did not try to be tough.
You called YS an "OSU fag".
You started a reply to one of my post with "Hey genius"....This was meant in a derogatory manner obviously.
It's too bad when people cannot have an intelligent discussion and disagree. Simple point and counter point. Sure, we may throw some mild barbs at one another with a rolling eye icon, but this "OSU fag" stuff is for those who can't stand the heat and resort to attacking the messenger and not the message.
I had a spirited football debate with Aloy.......He may not have liked all of my post and I didn't like all of his. But calling him a SEC fag would've been the farthest thing from my mind. I'm not mad at him. There isn't any anger involved. You seem really bitter. It's too bad.
I'll never agree with you that the Big Ten is slower. So what? Is it so important for you to be right that you'll resort to name calling to try and make a point? If that's the case then a public discussion forum is poor place for you to be.
Now on top of the name calling you are lying about what you said or didn't say. Are you without any scruples?
If you can't be anything else, I wish you'd be honest.
oldcow1945 said:
You called YS an "OSU fag".You started a reply to one of my post with "Hey genius"....This was meant in a derogatory manner obviously.
If you can't be anything else, I wish you'd be honest.
If it is going to get to the point where this is 'out of bounds' then I might as well just stop now. Cause this should be nowhere near out of bounds.
-
oldcow1945 said:
You called YS an "OSU fag".You started a reply to one of my post with "Hey genius"....This was meant in a derogatory manner obviously.
If you can't be anything else, I wish you'd be honest.
If it is going to get to the point where this is 'out of bounds' then I might as well just stop now. Cause this should be nowhere near out of bounds.
If it is going to get to the point where this is 'out of bounds' then I might as well just stop now. Cause this should be nowhere near out of bounds.
It's not the point. The point with this was that he's lying about the name calling. The seriousness is not the point.
In my original reply to his name calling of YS, I simply said it's too bad that he has to resort to that in a simple discussion.
It wasn't a huge deal for me. It's just kinda sad that someone is this bitter. I certainly didn't say it was out of bounds. He's free to say what he wants. But I'm free to tell him he's being ridiculous for it as well.
So you are saying you can't disagree without calling someone something derogatory? And you are proud of that?
Actually, you don't have to answer that. I'm done with this whole discussion.
-
If it is going to get to the point where this is 'out of bounds' then I might as well just stop now. Cause this should be nowhere near out of bounds.
It's not the point. The point with this was that he's lying about the name calling. The seriousness is not the point.
In my original reply to his name calling of YS, I simply said it's too bad that he has to resort to that in a simple discussion.
It wasn't a huge deal for me. It's just kinda sad that someone is this bitter. I certainly didn't say it was out of bounds. He's free to say what he wants. But I'm free to tell him he's being ridiculous for it as well.
So you are saying you can't disagree without calling someone something derogatory? And you are proud of that?
Actually, you don't have to answer that. I'm done with this whole discussion.
oldcow1945 said:
It's not the point. The point with this was that he's lying about the name calling. The seriousness is not the point.In my original reply to his name calling of YS, I simply said it's too bad that he has to resort to that in a simple discussion.
It wasn't a huge deal for me. It's just kinda sad that someone is this bitter. I certainly didn't say it was out of bounds. He's free to say what he wants. But I'm free to tell him he's being ridiculous for it as well.
So you are saying you can't disagree without calling someone something derogatory? And you are proud of that?
Actually, you don't have to answer that. I'm done with this whole discussion.
The main point I had with what I highlighted is that something like Hey Genius is a way to add tone to what a writer/poster is saying. The problem with boards is that non-verbal language and tone are non-existent. Greetings like these is a way to display a point of view with emotion to mimic tone and the like. I agree that gratuitous name calling is uncalled for, my point was that hey genius isn't name calling.
-
@jadbf said:
Please explain to me why the above poster isn't banned? I haven't seen a useful post from him .....EVER....I raise the average IQ of the board, especially after whiny posts like yours.
Regards
.... an'at
.
-
@jadbf said:
Please explain to me why the above poster isn't banned? I haven't seen a useful post from him .....EVER....I raise the average IQ of the board, especially after whiny posts like yours.
Regards
.... an'at
.
Steeler SChuck said:
I raise the average IQ of the board, especially after whiny posts like yours.Regards
.... an'at
.
the only thing you can raise the IQ of is a nursery and only by a little bit. also, you clearly have no life if you make it a point to go on an opposing team's website just to talk trash- which you fail at, just like everything else in your pathetic life.
-
@jadbf said:
Please explain to me why the above poster isn't banned? I haven't seen a useful post from him .....EVER....Because federal law prevents them from discriminating against handicap people. A severe mental handicap applies in this case.
-
If it is going to get to the point where this is 'out of bounds' then I might as well just stop now. Cause this should be nowhere near out of bounds.
It's not the point. The point with this was that he's lying about the name calling. The seriousness is not the point.
In my original reply to his name calling of YS, I simply said it's too bad that he has to resort to that in a simple discussion.
It wasn't a huge deal for me. It's just kinda sad that someone is this bitter. I certainly didn't say it was out of bounds. He's free to say what he wants. But I'm free to tell him he's being ridiculous for it as well.
So you are saying you can't disagree without calling someone something derogatory? And you are proud of that?
Actually, you don't have to answer that. I'm done with this whole discussion.
oldcow1945 said:
It's not the point. The point with this was that he's lying about the name calling. The seriousness is not the point.In my original reply to his name calling of YS, I simply said it's too bad that he has to resort to that in a simple discussion.
It wasn't a huge deal for me. It's just kinda sad that someone is this bitter. I certainly didn't say it was out of bounds. He's free to say what he wants. But I'm free to tell him he's being ridiculous for it as well.
For the last time, saying somebody is ridiculously blind for OSU is not name calling. Not only is it not name calling, it's the truth.
And it's proven by this thread, that people take the argument SO personal that instead of admitting defeat, they create a thread about "feelings."
OSU fag. (See the irony?)
-
The only reason this board is like this now is because of one person.
Lumbergh.
he brings out the worst in everyone by being a complete d--khead all the time.
I personally have had him on ignore for a long time But I see he still rapes all of you guys every single day.
He must sit there laughing his ass off because all he has to do is make one post and like 8-10 of you guys cum all over yourselves in angst.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
