Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Shame On You Browns Fans!

Shame On You Browns Fans!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
14 Posts 9 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Mr. T Mr. TM
    • 7k Posts
    • 184 Reputation
    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
    #1
    Shame On You Browns Fans!

    Through thick and mostly thin, I've always been proud to call myself a fan of Cleveland sports. However, this off-season I'm ashamed of and a bit ticked-off at many of my fellow Cleveland Browns fans!

    My goodness! What has happened to you so called fans! At the end of last season we were all calling for the heads of Romeo Crennel and Phil Savage. We got our wish...They are gone! Now, within a few short weeks after their hiring, many (and I do mean many) Browns fans are ready to run new Head Coach Eric Mangini and General Manager George Kokinis out of town. A little premature isn't it?...Or should I say immature!

    So, the new regime has not signed any high profile free agents. Has that approach worked in the past? OK, Mangini has signed a boatload of ex-Jets. Could it be his attempt at adding depth to the roster with players that he has coached in the past and is comfortable with? Is it possible that they are taking the approach of building this team with smart draft choices and salary-cap friendly free agent signings? Is that such a terrible thing?

    Mangini wants a roster filled with high character football players. Does anyone really have a problem with that? They traded disgruntled and often-injured TE Kellen Winslow for draft picks. Did that move really suprise anyone? They cut the popular Joe Jurevicius, who just happens to be an aging wide receiver coming off major knee surgery and a staph infection (which the new regime had nothing to do with). I ask you, considering the money that was owed Jurevicius...Did that move not make sense?

    Lighten up Browns fans! I know we've experienced years of disappointment, but let's give these guys a chance! C'mon, they haven't even gone through their first draft yet! So many of you have already doomed the new regime to failure and it's just not fair. I have a suggestion...Let's give them a season or two before we go for the jugular!

    Remember, we were all ready to run Cleveland Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry out of town just one short year ago!

    How's that looking now, folks? How does 52-13 and a Central Division Title sound? Believe it or not, Mr. Ferry has had a lot to do with his teams recent success.

    I personally hope Mangini and Kokinis find success as well! All this negativity is sickening. Winning cures all...Please keep the faith Browns fan!

    http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/sfd258/186736

    Thanks for reading.

    The Character statement comes to mind on the Stallworth accident, This is a major set back for ManKok now they have to rework their plans on how to build a Winner. When they resigned or payed Stallworths bonus they must have seen enough of him to determine that he would be a good fit for our future. We still need a burner and a #3 slot guy, I hope that there is someone out there that can replace Stallworth. Besides I never had much faith in him anyways, I always thought he wa nother overpaid drama queen.

    Its time we get some old school players in here. Any suggestions?

    Head or Gut?
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • mz. ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? mz. wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Many fans bitch and moan if their team doesn't sign the Haynesworths of the world. Problem, many fans are dumb.

      And I don't think they paid Stallworth because he was a Mangini guy. I think they made a financial decision.

      Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ? Guest

        Many fans bitch and moan if their team doesn't sign the Haynesworths of the world. Problem, many fans are dumb.

        And I don't think they paid Stallworth because he was a Mangini guy. I think they made a financial decision.

        Mr. T Mr. TM
        • 7k Posts
        • 184 Reputation
        Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
        #3

        mz. said:

        Many fans bitch and moan if their team doesn't sign the Haynesworths of the world. Problem, many fans are dumb.

        And I don't think they paid Stallworth because he was a Mangini guy. I think they made a financial decision.

        I agree with you on the financial decision. Stallworth does have a bad rep. and it has gone further south now.

        Just by chance, I wonder if a team would be wiling to trade a WR for DA?

        Head or Gut?
        ? 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Mr. TM Mr. T

          mz. said:

          Many fans bitch and moan if their team doesn't sign the Haynesworths of the world. Problem, many fans are dumb.

          And I don't think they paid Stallworth because he was a Mangini guy. I think they made a financial decision.

          I agree with you on the financial decision. Stallworth does have a bad rep. and it has gone further south now.

          Just by chance, I wonder if a team would be wiling to trade a WR for DA?

          mz. ?
          • Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          ? mz. wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @mr.-t said:

          Stallworth does have a bad rep.

          I don't think he had a bad rep at all before this. His rep was as a gimp, not a bad dude.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Mr. T Mr. TM
            • 7k Posts
            • 184 Reputation
            Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Character is an issue here. In the police report they stated that his bentley had expired tags. Stallworth has never risen to the occasion, and has never fullfilled what he was paid to do. Why do you think so many teams didn't bother to re sign him?

            He reminds me of K2 3 or 4 years ago, to busy partying and spending his money to be a football player. Atleast K2 got a wake up call when he had his motorcycle accident, which will shorten his career. Will this be Stallworths wake up call?

            Head or Gut?
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Erie Dawg Erie DawgE
              • 2k Posts
              • 74 Reputation
              Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
              #6
              My goodness! What has happened to you so called fans! At the end of last season we were all calling for the heads of Romeo Crennel and Phil Savage. We got our wish...They are gone! Now, within a few short weeks after their hiring, many (and I do mean many) Browns fans are ready to run new Head Coach Eric Mangini and General Manager George Kokinis out of town. A little premature isn't it?...Or should I say immature!

              I don't get that kinda riff from over here.

              Most of the fans that I talk to are calling this a rebuilding year but are still optimistic on a .500 record.

              I think the mood is the same as it is here on the board more or less.

              GipsG 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg
                My goodness! What has happened to you so called fans! At the end of last season we were all calling for the heads of Romeo Crennel and Phil Savage. We got our wish...They are gone! Now, within a few short weeks after their hiring, many (and I do mean many) Browns fans are ready to run new Head Coach Eric Mangini and General Manager George Kokinis out of town. A little premature isn't it?...Or should I say immature!

                I don't get that kinda riff from over here.

                Most of the fans that I talk to are calling this a rebuilding year but are still optimistic on a .500 record.

                I think the mood is the same as it is here on the board more or less.

                Gips GipsG
                • 3k Posts
                • 34 Reputation
                GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                #7

                @erie-dawg said:

                I don't get that kinda riff from over here.

                Most of the fans that I talk to are calling this a rebuilding year but are still optimistic on a .500 record.

                I think the mood is the same as it is here on the board more or less.

                I dunno dawg im seeing a lot more mankok hate and misunderstanding out in the wild then there should be mankis doesnt help themselves by being camera shy..

                As for stallworth i think he will prove he is worthless if he gets through the tragedy he was part of and plays this year but i still would hope he proves me wrong and i hope the same for butterfingers..i would be the happiest fan on this board if i could call butterfingers..Sir Edwards the Great instead!

                Stallworth imho is a bad player in the sense that he injures easily and cant force himself to deal with it and play on but i dont consider him a bad character because of 2 incidents one minor and one tragic if he comes out of this innocent he still has to deal with the fact a man is dead and i question him as much mentally as i do physically..

                When billyboy lets em go rule one is stay away as will be seen with cassel...😉

                We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • DeadWombat D
                  • 345 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  D DeadWombat wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I dont know how ANYONE can call out mankok yet. We don't know their strategy, we don't know their draft pick choices, and we don't know their game plan. The very best we have are speculation and educated guesses.

                  Just wait a year and see how the team goes, at the very least. 😴

                  Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 6k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Signing all their old guys though? That's the one thing I haven't liked about ManKok. Isn't that what Marinelli did?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • NewEraDawg NewEraDawgN
                      • 645 Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      It is getting to the point where if you are the coach you are DOOMED in C-Town

                      NewEraDawg
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • D DeadWombat

                        I dont know how ANYONE can call out mankok yet. We don't know their strategy, we don't know their draft pick choices, and we don't know their game plan. The very best we have are speculation and educated guesses.

                        Just wait a year and see how the team goes, at the very least. 😴

                        Mr. T Mr. TM
                        • 7k Posts
                        • 184 Reputation
                        Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @deadwombat said:

                        I dont know how ANYONE can call out mankok yet. We don't know their strategy, we don't know their draft pick choices, and we don't know their game plan. The very best we have are speculation and educated guesses.

                        Just wait a year and see how the team goes, at the very least. 😴

                        That is a good point. I am sure we will here of some pissing and moaning when the Browns actually draft. Heaven forbid the C-town media destroy a player after they are drafted, and then said such player wont want to sign.

                        Head or Gut?
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
                          • 1k Posts
                          • 0 Reputation
                          Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          This article really surprised me. I think this message board has the pulse of the fan base and there isn't much complaining going on here. Not as serious as this article makes it out to be anyways.

                          I'm not even a Mangini fan and I think the Brown's could've done better. But I wouldn't call him or the GM out. That's ridiculous.

                          Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
                          Mr. TM 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945

                            This article really surprised me. I think this message board has the pulse of the fan base and there isn't much complaining going on here. Not as serious as this article makes it out to be anyways.

                            I'm not even a Mangini fan and I think the Brown's could've done better. But I wouldn't call him or the GM out. That's ridiculous.

                            Mr. T Mr. TM
                            • 7k Posts
                            • 184 Reputation
                            Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            oldcow1945 said:

                            This article really surprised me. I think this message board has the pulse of the fan base and there isn't much complaining going on here. Not as serious as this article makes it out to be anyways.

                            I'm not even a Mangini fan and I think the Brown's could've done better. But I wouldn't call him or the GM out. That's ridiculous.

                            I dont think Browns fans feel the same way about ManKock as the artice stated. I feeel it leans closer to the C-Town News, these guys are idiots they need to get laid or something.

                            Head or Gut?
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Browns2405 B
                              • 148 Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              B Browns2405 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I wasn't too happy when they hired Mangini... but I have to say it's been a little bit refreshing since he's been in office. We haven't been the same ol' browns making hugre FA signins only to watch them fizzle out and he's laid out an "I'm king dick, what I say goes" mentality. He's brought in some veterans to help with depth and possibly even be starters for our D. Plus good veteran leadership would help our new incoming rookies. The Joe J release kinda stung a little bit but I can see why they did it. Aging WR with knee issues and bout with Staph doesn't bode well for his career. With all that being said I'm starting to warm up to the ManKok regime. They seem to at least be on the same page. I'm hoping it brings it brings in better results....

                              [
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply

                              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                              Register Login
                              Reply
                              • Reply as topic
                              Log in to reply
                              • Oldest to Newest
                              • Newest to Oldest
                              • Most Votes


                              Theme
                              • System
                              • Light
                              • Dark
                              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                              • First post
                                Last post
                              0
                              • Forums
                              • Recent
                              • Popular
                              • Users
                              • Donate