Skip to content

DA?

The Browns Board
26 17 2.4k
  • It could be that they have watched the tape from two years ago and wonder

    "What if we could teach DA to throw the short ball?" or

    "I'm not sure, DA might be better than Quinn" or

    "We won't trade him until we watch each of them in person" or

    "We aren't trading him until his value increases" or

    "We are trading Quinn if we get our QB on draft day" or

    "I can't stand Notre Dame, I don't want any of their players playing for us"

    @dawgtracker said:

    It could be that they have watched the tape from two years ago and wonder

    "What if we could teach DA to throw the short ball?"

    "I can't stand Notre Dame, I don't want any of their players playing for us"

    I like this! lol!! 😆

  • Why would anyone waste a thread on this guy?

    TheJokersWILD said:

    Why would anyone waste a thread on this guy?

    Because I was really looking forward to us having another 2nd round pick and thought we would have one in the bank by now. Just getting ansy (sp?) I guess.

  • My guess would be they don't move DA until draft DA, or after. Probably after to a team who didn't get their QB in the draft.

  • He golfed at my golf course today...knee seems to be fine...

  • TheJokersWILD said:

    Why would anyone waste a thread on this guy?

    Because I was really looking forward to us having another 2nd round pick and thought we would have one in the bank by now. Just getting ansy (sp?) I guess.

    @eqrulz101 said:

    Because I was really looking forward to us having another 2nd round pick and thought we would have one in the bank by now. Just getting ansy (sp?) I guess.

    Right now I'd take a 3rd if we could get a beast of a center for that pick.

  • Been saying this all long, nobody wants him. Simple as that

  • I wouldn't expect anything before draft day.

  • He golfed at my golf course today...knee seems to be fine...

    @titleist585 said:

    He golfed at my golf course today...knee seems to be fine...

    I assume you're talking about the knee on his middle leg?

  • @titleist585 said:

    He golfed at my golf course today...knee seems to be fine...

    I assume you're talking about the knee on his middle leg?

    @pl4tinum said:

    I assume you're talking about the knee on his middle leg?

    I think I'm missing your joke but I meant the one he had surgery on a few months ago.

  • @pl4tinum said:

    I assume you're talking about the knee on his middle leg?

    I think I'm missing your joke but I meant the one he had surgery on a few months ago.

    @titleist585 said:

    I think I'm missing your joke but I meant the one he had surgery on a few months ago.

    he is talking about da's wiener.

  • He golfed at my golf course today...knee seems to be fine...

    @titleist585 said:

    He golfed at my golf course today...knee seems to be fine...

    DA was supposed to be fine by January.

    How about BQ's mangled hand that was so terribly disfigured it made him never throw any TDs and complete only 49% of his short passes?

    I heard it's getting better but he cautioned that he still reserves the right to use it as an excuse should he continue to play like Charlie Frye.

  • I've never heard BQ or DA make excuses, which is why I like them from a personality standpoint over Cutler.

  • @titleist585 said:

    He golfed at my golf course today...knee seems to be fine...

    DA was supposed to be fine by January.

    How about BQ's mangled hand that was so terribly disfigured it made him never throw any TDs and complete only 49% of his short passes?

    I heard it's getting better but he cautioned that he still reserves the right to use it as an excuse should he continue to play like Charlie Frye.

    @lumbergh said:

    DA was supposed to be fine by January.

    How about BQ's mangled hand that was so terribly disfigured it made him never throw any TDs and complete only 49% of his short passes?

    I heard it's getting better but he cautioned that he still reserves the right to use it as an excuse should he continue to play like Charlie Frye.

    bite your tongue! charlie frye is the best 3rd string qb in the league. seriously, think about it. he has the most experience.

  • Im thinking DA isnt going anywhere until after training camp and only then if quinn wins the starting job..theres a chance mankok is posturing for a better deal from DA but with cutler wanting a trade thats not likely to happen..i cant see mangini giving da up for nothing or just turning the club over to bq without earning the start and DA deserves a shot at earning the starting job as well..

    As will be obvious whoever gets the start is going to have a bad year due to a poor WR group even if stallworth is around and an aging RB that cant find the existing hole to hit and if the starter gets hurt the backup(if he stays) will also fare poorly unless we beef our WR corps up...

    Im a BQ fag but if i were the browns new head coach i still just cannot even entertain the thought of giving bq the start without proving he is the better guy..

  • 49% completion on short passes would still be better than the 100% completion to linebackers on short passes which DA gifted us with.

  • @jadbf said:

    Every once in a while Carrot Top says something funny too, but I'd never want to go to one of his shows and sit through an hour of him.....

    Why not?

    carrottop.jpg

  • @eqrulz101 said:

    Because I was really looking forward to us having another 2nd round pick and thought we would have one in the bank by now. Just getting ansy (sp?) I guess.

    Right now I'd take a 3rd if we could get a beast of a center for that pick.

    @tobalaz said:

    Right now I'd take a 3rd if we could get a beast of a center for that pick.

    A Beast of a Center? Now there is topic we should be talking about!

  • Fraley was on his downside with the Eagles and was servicable when we brought him in.

    He's starting to look a little like Andruzzi out there, he's taking more of a pounding than he's giving.

    What we need is a big chunk of beef with a decent head on his shoulders so he can make line adjustments to snap the ball to whoever is going to be playing qb and stuff guys like Hampton and Nagata without having to tie up one of the guards in the process.

    I think we could get a guy like that mid round 2 to early 3 that could split reps with Fraley this season and be good to go next season, and if we could give up DA to get a pick on draft day that would allow us to take that kind of guy I'd be all over it.

    So who do you guys fits that build the most?

    Would it be Max Unger (6'5" 309lbs Oregon), Jonathan Luigs (6'4" 301lbs Arkansas), Eric Wood (6'4" 310lbs Louisville) or maybe Antoine Caldwell (6'3" 309lbs Alabama)?

    Unless we get a trade down I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of us getting a guy like Alex Mack (6'4" 311 lbs California) who is probably the crown jem for centers this season.

    Given the influx of guys EM has dragged in, do you think center should be our bigger priority than guard this season?

    AND

    If we could get Wells and Mack in the first off of a trade down would you take a LB in the 2nd and be happy?

    Just food for thought.

  • Fraley was on his downside with the Eagles and was servicable when we brought him in.

    He's starting to look a little like Andruzzi out there, he's taking more of a pounding than he's giving.

    What we need is a big chunk of beef with a decent head on his shoulders so he can make line adjustments to snap the ball to whoever is going to be playing qb and stuff guys like Hampton and Nagata without having to tie up one of the guards in the process.

    I think we could get a guy like that mid round 2 to early 3 that could split reps with Fraley this season and be good to go next season, and if we could give up DA to get a pick on draft day that would allow us to take that kind of guy I'd be all over it.

    So who do you guys fits that build the most?

    Would it be Max Unger (6'5" 309lbs Oregon), Jonathan Luigs (6'4" 301lbs Arkansas), Eric Wood (6'4" 310lbs Louisville) or maybe Antoine Caldwell (6'3" 309lbs Alabama)?

    Unless we get a trade down I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of us getting a guy like Alex Mack (6'4" 311 lbs California) who is probably the crown jem for centers this season.

    Given the influx of guys EM has dragged in, do you think center should be our bigger priority than guard this season?

    AND

    If we could get Wells and Mack in the first off of a trade down would you take a LB in the 2nd and be happy?

    Just food for thought.

    @tobalaz said:

    Fraley was on his downside with the Eagles and was servicable when we brought him in.

    He's starting to look a little like Andruzzi out there, he's taking more of a pounding than he's giving.

    What we need is a big chunk of beef with a decent head on his shoulders so he can make line adjustments to snap the ball to whoever is going to be playing qb and stuff guys like Hampton and Nagata without having to tie up one of the guards in the process.

    I think we could get a guy like that mid round 2 to early 3 that could split reps with Fraley this season and be good to go next season, and if we could give up DA to get a pick on draft day that would allow us to take that kind of guy I'd be all over it.

    So who do you guys fits that build the most?

    Would it be Max Unger (6'5" 309lbs Oregon), Jonathan Luigs (6'4" 301lbs Arkansas), Eric Wood (6'4" 310lbs Louisville) or maybe Antoine Caldwell (6'3" 309lbs Alabama)?

    Unless we get a trade down I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of us getting a guy like Alex Mack (6'4" 311 lbs California) who is probably the crown jem for centers this season.

    Given the influx of guys EM has dragged in, do you think center should be our bigger priority than guard this season?

    AND

    If we could get Wells and Mack in the first off of a trade down would you take a LB in the 2nd and be happy?

    Just food for thought.

    Yes, I'd be happy, there is some real value with OLBs in the top of round 2. I keep thinking that in one of the first drafts Mangini had with the Jets he took a LT and a center in round one. I could very well see a center taken in round two, but I can also see him taking a SS (even if we get Elam). There is a lot of value with Centers, SS, WR and RBs in round two.