Skip to content

Winston tells Harbaugh he didnt steal...

The Browns Board
65 24 2.0k
  • Dont want him anyway

    @nickers said:

    Dont want him anyway

    Thats cool...But Im curious the reason why?.......Is it because of character issues?......or you just dont like his play?

  • If this story is true:

    So when he needed to play he took a hit for the program, but now that he is turning pro he will rat out the program? He's gone, so he doesn't worry about sanctions against Free Shoes University?

    To me, that explanation and it's timing is more damning than the first story.

    And whether or not it's true, at least one more report of whatever sexual crime is levied against Jamies. And the first accuser is filing a Federal case against Florida State.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/01/07/jameis-winston-civil-lawsuit-florida-state-title-ix/21390437/

  • So now he is putting his former school under the bus? Convenient he is saying this when the draft nears haha.

    I still think he is talented. A physically talented scumbag.

  • I dont think he's throwing them under the bus......the tape looks like it's on him for getting free stuff and the school didnt know.......But, anyhow, I felt pretty certain you guys would still find him guilty....(and, apparently, innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply in the rape thing)....

    Here's the video of him talking to Harbaugh......

  • I swear, I'm having such a hard time figuring out what the guy's deal is. It's not a matter for me of thinking he's "guilty" or not, it's the idea that I just can't see a succinct reason for what he does. You look at a guy like Manziel and realize his problem was living the celebrity life and wanting to party all the time. Winston? I just don't know, he's goes from cool and collected to stupid stuff with the flip of a switch.

  • @nickers said:

    Dont want him anyway

    Thats cool...But Im curious the reason why?.......Is it because of character issues?......or you just dont like his play?

    @mudfly said:

    Thats cool...But Im curious the reason why?.......Is it because of character issues?......or you just dont like his play?

    there's nothing I like about him,period..

  • All of that is irrelevent when he becomes a pro. (except for the sexual assault allegations). He will be entitled to all the free crab legs he can be offered.

  • It's all character. So did he steal, or was the theft charge to protect the school from NCAA violations because everyone knew that you could go to a certain grocery store and be gifted food (NCAA Violation). So now that he is out, he just threw his school under the bus or he just lied.

    This guy has no character and I don't believe he will (and this have to be proven over time) hold himself accountable for his shortcomings in the NFL. Hopefully I'm wrong. But the kid is an adult. I knew not to make stupid mistakes at that age and to avoid situations where my actions would be taken negatively and I wasn't looking at banking millions either. I just wanted a normal successful life. He is one screw up to joining Jamarcus Russell at the Golden Corral buffet.

  • It's still stealing even if your friend "hooks you up". So technically he is a theif.

  • He didn't even learn what Harbaugh was trying to teach him. He really did not understand the difference between right and wrong. He only gave "qualified" answer that still was not taking responsibility.

    Pass.

  • Pass. Plus Mariota kicked his ass in the 40.

  • So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

    and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

    Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

    Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

    @mudfly said:

    Does that change anything for anyone?....

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

  • @mudfly said:

    Does that change anything for anyone?....

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

    @mudfly said:

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

    Would the police arrest you if you took stolen goods knowing they were stolen?

  • If the Bucs pass on Winston, I'd want him...

  • If the Bucs pass on Winston, I'd want him...

    @thenew23 said:

    If the Bucs pass on Winston, I'd want him...

    I think we are the only 2........

  • So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

    and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

    Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

    Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

    @mudfly said:

    So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

    and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

    Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

    Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

    It makes him sound worse.

    He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...

    Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.

    How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

    There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.

    Zombo

  • @mudfly said:

    So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

    and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

    Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

    Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

    It makes him sound worse.

    He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...

    Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.

    How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

    There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    It makes him sound worse.

    He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...

    Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.

    How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

    There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.

    Zombo

    I won't argue right or wrong, but I don't begrudge a college athlete for taking free food or gifts. I'd honestly be willing to bet that half of the guys in the NCAA do it.

  • As I read it... the clerk said the cake was on him, and Winston took the cake.

    then, he also got crab legs for free. I'm missing the part where the clerk said

    he'd be fine with that, too.

    It's theft. Winston - all that talent and low class person.

    I wouldn't draft him, plain out.

  • I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.

  • he isn't any kind of whipping boy. He's only discredited himself on his way to the

    NFL, and it is a concern.