Winston tells Harbaugh he didnt steal...
-
I swear, I'm having such a hard time figuring out what the guy's deal is. It's not a matter for me of thinking he's "guilty" or not, it's the idea that I just can't see a succinct reason for what he does. You look at a guy like Manziel and realize his problem was living the celebrity life and wanting to party all the time. Winston? I just don't know, he's goes from cool and collected to stupid stuff with the flip of a switch.
-
-
All of that is irrelevent when he becomes a pro. (except for the sexual assault allegations). He will be entitled to all the free crab legs he can be offered.
-
It's all character. So did he steal, or was the theft charge to protect the school from NCAA violations because everyone knew that you could go to a certain grocery store and be gifted food (NCAA Violation). So now that he is out, he just threw his school under the bus or he just lied.
This guy has no character and I don't believe he will (and this have to be proven over time) hold himself accountable for his shortcomings in the NFL. Hopefully I'm wrong. But the kid is an adult. I knew not to make stupid mistakes at that age and to avoid situations where my actions would be taken negatively and I wasn't looking at banking millions either. I just wanted a normal successful life. He is one screw up to joining Jamarcus Russell at the Golden Corral buffet. -
It's still stealing even if your friend "hooks you up". So technically he is a theif.
-
He didn't even learn what Harbaugh was trying to teach him. He really did not understand the difference between right and wrong. He only gave "qualified" answer that still was not taking responsibility.
Pass.
-
Pass. Plus Mariota kicked his ass in the 40.
-
So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....
and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....
Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......
Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....
-
-
If the Bucs pass on Winston, I'd want him...
-
So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....
and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....
Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......
Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....
So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....
and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....
Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......
Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....
It makes him sound worse.
He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...
Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.
How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?
There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.
Zombo
-
So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....
and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....
Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......
Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....
It makes him sound worse.
He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...
Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.
How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?
There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.
Zombo
Zombo said:
It makes him sound worse.
He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...
Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.
How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?
There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.
Zombo
I won't argue right or wrong, but I don't begrudge a college athlete for taking free food or gifts. I'd honestly be willing to bet that half of the guys in the NCAA do it.
-
As I read it... the clerk said the cake was on him, and Winston took the cake.
then, he also got crab legs for free. I'm missing the part where the clerk said
he'd be fine with that, too.
It's theft. Winston - all that talent and low class person.
I wouldn't draft him, plain out.
-
I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.
-
he isn't any kind of whipping boy. He's only discredited himself on his way to the
NFL, and it is a concern.
-
-
Pass. Plus Mariota kicked his ass in the 40.
Pass. Plus Mariota kicked his ass in the 40.
Which is clearly the end-all be-all measuring stick for NFL success as a QB.
-
I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.
I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.
I feel the same way. I am very high on Winston as a prospect, have been since the beginning. However, there's a less than .000000001% chance we actually get him, so I've written him off.
I think he'll have a solid NFL career. I also think Mariota will. And Petty, and possibly Hundley. This could be a good year for quarterbacks.
-
I'm probably the only guy who wants to see if manziel can back up his words this year and commit himself to the game.
Everyone is talking about drafting a QB, but the manziel selection isn't even a year old. Can JFF be a successful NFL QB? I'd say more than likely the answer is no, but no one can say for sure. Regardless of the terrible taste left in our mouths after that Cincy game, there is still a whole world of possibilities when it comes to manziel's career.
If the Browns do spend another high draft pick on a QB it will confirm what I've believed all along: regardless of what farmer says, Manziel was a Haslem pick. GMs pick players with expectations that they will develop into a valuable talent. Coaches spend the time developing that talent. CEO types are the ones who cut losses and lay blame on subordinates.
All that said, if Winston is there at 12 you run to the podium.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login