Skip to content

Winston tells Harbaugh he didnt steal...

The Browns Board
65 24 2.0k
  • It's still stealing even if your friend "hooks you up". So technically he is a theif.

  • He didn't even learn what Harbaugh was trying to teach him. He really did not understand the difference between right and wrong. He only gave "qualified" answer that still was not taking responsibility.

    Pass.

  • Pass. Plus Mariota kicked his ass in the 40.

  • So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

    and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

    Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

    Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

    @mudfly said:

    Does that change anything for anyone?....

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

  • @mudfly said:

    Does that change anything for anyone?....

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

    @mudfly said:

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

    Would the police arrest you if you took stolen goods knowing they were stolen?

  • If the Bucs pass on Winston, I'd want him...

  • If the Bucs pass on Winston, I'd want him...

    @thenew23 said:

    If the Bucs pass on Winston, I'd want him...

    I think we are the only 2........

  • So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

    and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

    Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

    Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

    @mudfly said:

    So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

    and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

    Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

    Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

    It makes him sound worse.

    He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...

    Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.

    How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

    There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.

    Zombo

  • @mudfly said:

    So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

    and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

    Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

    Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

    It makes him sound worse.

    He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...

    Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.

    How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

    There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    It makes him sound worse.

    He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...

    Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.

    How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

    There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.

    Zombo

    I won't argue right or wrong, but I don't begrudge a college athlete for taking free food or gifts. I'd honestly be willing to bet that half of the guys in the NCAA do it.

  • As I read it... the clerk said the cake was on him, and Winston took the cake.

    then, he also got crab legs for free. I'm missing the part where the clerk said

    he'd be fine with that, too.

    It's theft. Winston - all that talent and low class person.

    I wouldn't draft him, plain out.

  • I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.

  • he isn't any kind of whipping boy. He's only discredited himself on his way to the

    NFL, and it is a concern.

  • @thenew23 said:

    If the Bucs pass on Winston, I'd want him...

    I think we are the only 2........

    @mudfly said:

    I think we are the only 2........

    I don't see how anybody can be overly optimistic about this team until we have a QB... Why wouldn't we want to upgrade that position...?

  • Pass. Plus Mariota kicked his ass in the 40.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Pass. Plus Mariota kicked his ass in the 40.

    Which is clearly the end-all be-all measuring stick for NFL success as a QB.

  • I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.

    @wargograw said:

    I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.

    I feel the same way. I am very high on Winston as a prospect, have been since the beginning. However, there's a less than .000000001% chance we actually get him, so I've written him off.

    I think he'll have a solid NFL career. I also think Mariota will. And Petty, and possibly Hundley. This could be a good year for quarterbacks.

  • I'm probably the only guy who wants to see if manziel can back up his words this year and commit himself to the game.

    Everyone is talking about drafting a QB, but the manziel selection isn't even a year old. Can JFF be a successful NFL QB? I'd say more than likely the answer is no, but no one can say for sure. Regardless of the terrible taste left in our mouths after that Cincy game, there is still a whole world of possibilities when it comes to manziel's career.

    If the Browns do spend another high draft pick on a QB it will confirm what I've believed all along: regardless of what farmer says, Manziel was a Haslem pick. GMs pick players with expectations that they will develop into a valuable talent. Coaches spend the time developing that talent. CEO types are the ones who cut losses and lay blame on subordinates.

    All that said, if Winston is there at 12 you run to the podium.

  • Agree wholeheartedly Rolls, including the Winston at 12 part but that's only because he's in a class of his own.

  • @mudfly said:

    Does that change anything for anyone?....

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

    @mudfly said:

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

    +1 not in the top 10.

    @wargograw said:

    I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.

    He made his bed- as did Johnny Football. Now he has to sleep in it. Hate? I don't "hate" Famous Jameis. I do think he has character issues. Excuse me if I think there's a high likelihood the stock boy gave me the crab legs story was fabricated by his agent. I have serious doubts the rape accusation was made up by some college wannabe gold digger.

  • Why do you doubt it? You think a Heisman winner needs to rape girls?

    I don't have a problem with people having legit concerns about his character and not wanting to potentially waste a high first round pick. Frankly I think Jameis Winston is a bona dude idiot off the field. But I just see the court of public opinion convicting guys without knowing anything about the evidence. On my A&M site, any Jameis mention is met with "he's still a rapist!" It's nauseating.

    Plus in the last year, basically since Ray Rice, the culture's been overwrought with accusations that rape is everywhere and happening all the time and no rape allegation can ever be false and bla bla bla.

    Lastly, it's just a general beef I have with the fact that our society gets its kicks by mocking people, so any blemish, no matter how unsubstantiated, is used to kill the alleged perpetrator.

  • Ask Jim Tressel about getting hooked up with some free tattoos. So he leaned in and took one for the team.

    WSS