Skip to content

Winston tells Harbaugh he didnt steal...

The Browns Board
65 24 2.0k
  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by RoyceRolls
    #26

    I'm probably the only guy who wants to see if manziel can back up his words this year and commit himself to the game.

    Everyone is talking about drafting a QB, but the manziel selection isn't even a year old. Can JFF be a successful NFL QB? I'd say more than likely the answer is no, but no one can say for sure. Regardless of the terrible taste left in our mouths after that Cincy game, there is still a whole world of possibilities when it comes to manziel's career.

    If the Browns do spend another high draft pick on a QB it will confirm what I've believed all along: regardless of what farmer says, Manziel was a Haslem pick. GMs pick players with expectations that they will develop into a valuable talent. Coaches spend the time developing that talent. CEO types are the ones who cut losses and lay blame on subordinates.

    All that said, if Winston is there at 12 you run to the podium.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Agree wholeheartedly Rolls, including the Winston at 12 part but that's only because he's in a class of his own.

  • @mudfly said:

    Does that change anything for anyone?....

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #28

    @mudfly said:

    HA!.....well it looks like a landslide for .....NO!

    +1 not in the top 10.

    @wargograw said:

    I love Winston if for no other reason than he's become society's whipping boy and everyone hates him for irrationally. Plus he's really good.

    He made his bed- as did Johnny Football. Now he has to sleep in it. Hate? I don't "hate" Famous Jameis. I do think he has character issues. Excuse me if I think there's a high likelihood the stock boy gave me the crab legs story was fabricated by his agent. I have serious doubts the rape accusation was made up by some college wannabe gold digger.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Why do you doubt it? You think a Heisman winner needs to rape girls?

    I don't have a problem with people having legit concerns about his character and not wanting to potentially waste a high first round pick. Frankly I think Jameis Winston is a bona dude idiot off the field. But I just see the court of public opinion convicting guys without knowing anything about the evidence. On my A&M site, any Jameis mention is met with "he's still a rapist!" It's nauseating.

    Plus in the last year, basically since Ray Rice, the culture's been overwrought with accusations that rape is everywhere and happening all the time and no rape allegation can ever be false and bla bla bla.

    Lastly, it's just a general beef I have with the fact that our society gets its kicks by mocking people, so any blemish, no matter how unsubstantiated, is used to kill the alleged perpetrator.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Ask Jim Tressel about getting hooked up with some free tattoos. So he leaned in and took one for the team.

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #31

    As for the rape allegation I spent many years in a successful rock band during one of the high points of live music. I've seen plenty of unfounded allegations made by drunk groupies.

    Still I prefer Jameis Winston be some other teams problem next season.

    WSS

  • I'm probably the only guy who wants to see if manziel can back up his words this year and commit himself to the game.

    Everyone is talking about drafting a QB, but the manziel selection isn't even a year old. Can JFF be a successful NFL QB? I'd say more than likely the answer is no, but no one can say for sure. Regardless of the terrible taste left in our mouths after that Cincy game, there is still a whole world of possibilities when it comes to manziel's career.

    If the Browns do spend another high draft pick on a QB it will confirm what I've believed all along: regardless of what farmer says, Manziel was a Haslem pick. GMs pick players with expectations that they will develop into a valuable talent. Coaches spend the time developing that talent. CEO types are the ones who cut losses and lay blame on subordinates.

    All that said, if Winston is there at 12 you run to the podium.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @roycerolls said:

    I'm probably the only guy who wants to see if manziel can back up his words this year and commit himself to the game.

    Everyone is talking about drafting a QB, but the manziel selection isn't even a year old. Can JFF be a successful NFL QB? I'd say more than likely the answer is no, but no one can say for sure. Regardless of the terrible taste left in our mouths after that Cincy game, there is still a whole world of possibilities when it comes to manziel's career.

    If the Browns do spend another high draft pick on a QB it will confirm what I've believed all along: regardless of what farmer says, Manziel was a Haslem pick. GMs pick players with expectations that they will develop into a valuable talent. Coaches spend the time developing that talent. CEO types are the ones who cut losses and lay blame on subordinates.

    All that said, if Winston is there at 12 you run to the podium.

    No I'm for manziel. If he fails badly there's this guy called cardale jones I'd like to pursue.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #33

    winston is just young and really dumb. not dumb on the field or at the chalkboard. dumb in life.

    i guess there's a lot of that going around nowadays with this new generation of young 'men'.

    same guys screaming about tebow is so great, don't know anyone that young that great, he's even a VIRGIN...(giggle giggle with hands over their mouths)...are standing in line to 'save' winston because everyone is against him, lol.

    GTFO.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by wargograw
    #34

    So let me get this straight:

    because I'm in favor of lifting up a guy who's proven to have great character I'm a hypocrite for taking the stance that society's obsession with mocking people is a bad thing?

    There's that good ole broken miktoxic logic at work. Have you thought that maybe I'm just a positive person? You should try it sometime. Or of course, you could go post blatantly made up stats to support your argument again.

    I do hope Jameis Winston realizes, as Tebow has, what Jesus has done for him. But as long as he doesn't, how does that mean I should be cool with people mocking him based on falsehoods?

  • winston is just young and really dumb. not dumb on the field or at the chalkboard. dumb in life.

    i guess there's a lot of that going around nowadays with this new generation of young 'men'.

    same guys screaming about tebow is so great, don't know anyone that young that great, he's even a VIRGIN...(giggle giggle with hands over their mouths)...are standing in line to 'save' winston because everyone is against him, lol.

    GTFO.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @miktoxic said:

    winston is just young and really dumb. not dumb on the field or at the chalkboard. dumb in life.

    i guess there's a lot of that going around nowadays with this new generation of young 'men'.

    same guys screaming about tebow is so great, don't know anyone that young that great, he's even a VIRGIN...(giggle giggle with hands over their mouths)...are standing in line to 'save' winston because everyone is against him, lol.

    GTFO.

    I doubt Tebow is actually a virgin, but maybe he's telling the truth.

    As for Jameis, the girl supposedly gave him a blowie in the car on the way back to the apartment. That doesn't make Jameis innocent, but it also doesn't make the issue as black and white as a lot of people like to claim it is.

  • So let me get this straight:

    because I'm in favor of lifting up a guy who's proven to have great character I'm a hypocrite for taking the stance that society's obsession with mocking people is a bad thing?

    There's that good ole broken miktoxic logic at work. Have you thought that maybe I'm just a positive person? You should try it sometime. Or of course, you could go post blatantly made up stats to support your argument again.

    I do hope Jameis Winston realizes, as Tebow has, what Jesus has done for him. But as long as he doesn't, how does that mean I should be cool with people mocking him based on falsehoods?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares
    #36

    @wargograw said:

    So let me get this straight:

    because I'm in favor of lifting up a guy who's proven to have great character I'm a hypocrite for taking the stance that society's obsession with mocking people is a bad thing?

    There's that good ole broken miktoxic logic at work. Have you thought that maybe I'm just a positive person? You should try it sometime. Or of course, you could go post blatantly made up stats to support your argument again.

    I do hope Jameis Winston realizes, as Tebow has, what Jesus has done for him. But as long as he doesn't, how does that mean I should be cool with people mocking him based on falsehoods?

    Guys, we need to find a heart about a thieving moron. Why are we being such meanies?

    Edit: he isn't a thieving moron, he is just a disloyal moron.

    I am sure FSU is pleased with WInston putting them on the spot.

  • @miktoxic said:

    winston is just young and really dumb. not dumb on the field or at the chalkboard. dumb in life.

    i guess there's a lot of that going around nowadays with this new generation of young 'men'.

    same guys screaming about tebow is so great, don't know anyone that young that great, he's even a VIRGIN...(giggle giggle with hands over their mouths)...are standing in line to 'save' winston because everyone is against him, lol.

    GTFO.

    I doubt Tebow is actually a virgin, but maybe he's telling the truth.

    As for Jameis, the girl supposedly gave him a blowie in the car on the way back to the apartment. That doesn't make Jameis innocent, but it also doesn't make the issue as black and white as a lot of people like to claim it is.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I doubt Tebow is actually a virgin, but maybe he's telling the truth.

    I suspect it's easy for him to be a virgin.....

    Not trying to be mean.....or attack.....but my money says he doesn't like girls......

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I doubt Tebow is actually a virgin, but maybe he's telling the truth.

    I suspect it's easy for him to be a virgin.....

    Not trying to be mean.....or attack.....but my money says he doesn't like girls......

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mudfly said:

    I suspect it's easy for him to be a virgin.....

    Not trying to be mean.....or attack.....but my money says he doesn't like girls......

    He has Jesus inside him.

    Jesus being the guy who cleans his pool.

  • @wargograw said:

    So let me get this straight:

    because I'm in favor of lifting up a guy who's proven to have great character I'm a hypocrite for taking the stance that society's obsession with mocking people is a bad thing?

    There's that good ole broken miktoxic logic at work. Have you thought that maybe I'm just a positive person? You should try it sometime. Or of course, you could go post blatantly made up stats to support your argument again.

    I do hope Jameis Winston realizes, as Tebow has, what Jesus has done for him. But as long as he doesn't, how does that mean I should be cool with people mocking him based on falsehoods?

    Guys, we need to find a heart about a thieving moron. Why are we being such meanies?

    Edit: he isn't a thieving moron, he is just a disloyal moron.

    I am sure FSU is pleased with WInston putting them on the spot.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Guys, we need to find a heart about a thieving moron. Why are we being such meanies?

    Edit: he isn't a thieving moron, he is just a disloyal moron.

    I am sure FSU is pleased with WInston putting them on the spot.

    Cam Newton stole a laptop. Peyton Manning rubbed his balls on a female trainer's face. Brett Favre was a pill-popping drunk who sent dick pics to female staff members. Tom Brady ditched his pregnant girlfriend for a supermodel. Michael Vick killed dogs. Ben Roethlisberger supposedly accosted two women. Joe Namath was and still is a drunk. Johnny Manziel just got out of rehab after his first year in the NFL.

    Sometimes, to be the best...you've got to be the worst.

    (I included Manziel to rile some feathers)

  • @mudfly said:

    So....the story breaking today is that Winston didnt actually steal those crab legs and he was just protecting the program from any trouble......cause there was an employee at that store who would hook up players with free food....

    and once that video got out of Winston and his carry out meal, it would have created an NCAA violation for Florida......so Winston decided to take the heat rather than admit the players were getting freebies....

    Does that change anything for anyone?....cause Im not sold on all these unsubstantiated claims of character issues....Rapist?(never charged, let alone convicted)....thief?(apparently not)....gun charges?(a BB gun and squirrels...really?).....and yelling in the cafeteria(which was a college prank trending nation wide)......

    Anyhoo......dont freak out....not trying to sell him to anyone.....just putting it out there for those who choose to consider all sides of a story..... U haters can still hate all you want....

    It makes him sound worse.

    He should have went with Harbaugh's first advice "I fucked up" and move on ...

    Sounds like he was willing to take care of any "free hook up" he could get ... who know what else he was walking away with ... and he was basically admitting to an earlier crime ... taking stuff the week before.

    How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

    There are too many red flags for me on this guy, but talent wins out, he'll get a shot at carrying a franchise.

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Zombo said:

    How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

    For me that is the hard part to accept. I think it falls under the category of "willful ignorance", which is not dumb, just convenient.

    @mudfly said:

    Not trying to be mean.....or attack.....but my money says he doesn't like girls......

    😮

  • Zombo said:

    How dumb is he to think this was totally legal for 'this dude" to give him free food whenever he wanted that he could just walk out the door with?

    For me that is the hard part to accept. I think it falls under the category of "willful ignorance", which is not dumb, just convenient.

    @mudfly said:

    Not trying to be mean.....or attack.....but my money says he doesn't like girls......

    😮

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tour2ma said:

    For me that is the hard part to accept. I think it falls under the category of "willful ignorance", which is not dumb, just convenient.

    ha.....I remember being very willfully ignorant when I was putting myself thru school....and the joy of my wife tending bar at this awesome mexican joint and serving(me) food and drinks......like daily.......for a few years.......Free Taco bar baby!!!

    Thinking back, we should probably be in prison right now......

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #42

    lol... How many tacos does it take to add up to grand theft?

  • lol... How many tacos does it take to add up to grand theft?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... How many tacos does it take to add up to grand theft?

    well...considering we were just normal college kids.....probably coulda added up to a wrist slap or her getting fired maybe(tho i doubt it)....

    Though.....in all seriousness..... Im really glad I got the help I needed....cause I finally got that dark taco stealing era behind me.......who knows where it woulda took me....I used to have visions of me naked, dirty, laying in the gutter unemployed and all covered in pico sauce, jalapenos and sour cream....my lonely taco craving eyes just scanning the night darkness looking for my next free taco serving bartender babe.....**sigh**

    Im pretty sure its the reason I didnt get drafted....

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Lucky you.

  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... How many tacos does it take to add up to grand theft?

    well...considering we were just normal college kids.....probably coulda added up to a wrist slap or her getting fired maybe(tho i doubt it)....

    Though.....in all seriousness..... Im really glad I got the help I needed....cause I finally got that dark taco stealing era behind me.......who knows where it woulda took me....I used to have visions of me naked, dirty, laying in the gutter unemployed and all covered in pico sauce, jalapenos and sour cream....my lonely taco craving eyes just scanning the night darkness looking for my next free taco serving bartender babe.....**sigh**

    Im pretty sure its the reason I didnt get drafted....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @mudfly said:

    ... visions of me naked, dirty, laying in the gutter unemployed and all covered in pico sauce, jalapenos and sour cream....my lonely taco craving eyes just scanning the night darkness looking for my next free taco serving bartender babe.....**sigh**

    Well... that certainly got DieHard's attention.