Skip to content

What players picked or scenarios would you NOT be happy with Thursday.

The Browns Board
30 22 1.2k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #8

    No WR or TE.

    No O-line.

    No RB.

    No DB.

    Kinda leaves DT/NT, DE, LB... and QB.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Long list of players I prefer not to draft...but Ill spare you that....but still dont want to see...

    1. An early trade up. Think we can get good players where we are or better value trading down
    2. WR or OL in the first round. Both are secondary needs and positions that offer value in the mid-later rounds
    3. QB early...just not high on the 2 up there and dont want us to reach with another first round pick
    4. An OT period.....everyones mocking OT's to us????....I prefer they go interior at G/C and see what Bowie brings
    5. Ok..a few high ranking names Id avoid..Armstead, Mariota, Funchess, Green-Beckham, Williams(TE), Darby, Phillips, Coates, Peters
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Why don't you like Coates?

  • Why don't you like Coates?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #11

    @wargograw said:

    Why don't you like Coates?

    HA!...tick tock....

    DAGNABBIT.....I knew if I said names there would be cherry picking and then explanations required.....(ill never learn)

    *sigh*

    Ok.....TO ME.....He's very raw and unpolished in almost all phases...rough hands, rough routes, limited game knowledge, limited work ethic....so, everything rates as just ok.....yes, a good project and has excellent measurables & size.....but do not see him as a first round talent.....or even second, compared to the others he's up against....

    So....Id love to take him later, just for his size and potential.....but not where it's looks he could go(1st? 2nd? 3rd?)...

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Hey, it was just one. The rest I understand. Didn't realize you were only talking about in the first round or two.

    Guys like him are just so mean on the field that they just will things to happen. Auburn has 2 or 3 receivers in the same vein, and they are a running team. I'm jealous.

  • Hey, it was just one. The rest I understand. Didn't realize you were only talking about in the first round or two.

    Guys like him are just so mean on the field that they just will things to happen. Auburn has 2 or 3 receivers in the same vein, and they are a running team. I'm jealous.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @wargograw said:

    Hey, it was just one. The rest I understand. Didn't realize you were only talking about in the first round or two.

    Guys like him are just so mean on the field that they just will things to happen. Auburn has 2 or 3 receivers in the same vein, and they are a running team. I'm jealous.

    Ha!...I can deal with one fine...😉 .........but, yeah, Im talking early.....Id probably take him later, as Im not an advocate of WR in the first .....

    And, when I pick one....I want him big.....and mean

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    1 ....Trading Up

    2.... Taking an OT in 1st round

    3.... Taking A WR at 12

    I would love to trade back with 19 after taking Shelton at 12

  • @wargograw said:

    Hey, it was just one. The rest I understand. Didn't realize you were only talking about in the first round or two.

    Guys like him are just so mean on the field that they just will things to happen. Auburn has 2 or 3 receivers in the same vein, and they are a running team. I'm jealous.

    Ha!...I can deal with one fine...😉 .........but, yeah, Im talking early.....Id probably take him later, as Im not an advocate of WR in the first .....

    And, when I pick one....I want him big.....and mean

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mudfly said:

    Ha!...I can deal with one fine...😉 .........but, yeah, Im talking early.....Id probably take him later, as Im not an advocate of WR in the first .....

    And, when I pick one....I want him big.....and mean

  • Sienn13S Sienn13 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Trading the farm for a QB with so many other needs.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Don't like not going for Mariota.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #18

    Devante Parker at 12

    TE/RB at 19

    Ereck Flowers, Randy Gregory or Green-Beckham anywhere

    All but one QB in first two rounds (Mariota the exception)

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    There is only one player worth a trade up to the top 10 in this draft and that would be Williams. But it would cost a high, high price for sure.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Thursday? So, round one...

    I'd hate to see us draft a:

    OT (like I did in our mock...oops) unless they can play both G and T, but even that's a reach

    OG, because it's not impactful enough of a position to draft in the 1st

    C, there is only one decent one in the 1st

    TE, it is a down year for this group and FB/TE-type of guys can be had in later rounds

    FB, duh

    RB, we might as well use both picks on a QB instead of wasting one at RB

    DE, I mean 3-4 DE as we already have a flurry of those guys

    ILB, because there aren't any worthy of a 1st round pick, and it is a position that can be upgraded later

    CB, we are set there

    S, we have our starters and don't need to spend a 1st on a backup

    So, that leaves a QB, WR, DT, OLB... Again, the only 4 positions where I believe this team needs upgraded to become a playoff contender...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    So....QB Mariota or NT Shelton ??? Tick Tock

  • Long list of players I prefer not to draft...but Ill spare you that....but still dont want to see...

    1. An early trade up. Think we can get good players where we are or better value trading down
    2. WR or OL in the first round. Both are secondary needs and positions that offer value in the mid-later rounds
    3. QB early...just not high on the 2 up there and dont want us to reach with another first round pick
    4. An OT period.....everyones mocking OT's to us????....I prefer they go interior at G/C and see what Bowie brings
    5. Ok..a few high ranking names Id avoid..Armstead, Mariota, Funchess, Green-Beckham, Williams(TE), Darby, Phillips, Coates, Peters
    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #22

    @mudfly said:

    I prefer they go interior at G/C and see what Bowie brings

    Yeah, if we go OL early, this is what I would like to see too. I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking this.
    Mike
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    ... not counting depth.

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I'm not an advocate of trading up for mariota or drafting a WR early, but I can live with those decisions. If Bradford comes to Cleveland, however, I'll commission mik for some "fire farmer" t shirts

  • I'm not an advocate of trading up for mariota or drafting a WR early, but I can live with those decisions. If Bradford comes to Cleveland, however, I'll commission mik for some "fire farmer" t shirts

    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @roycerolls said:

    I'm not an advocate of trading up for mariota or drafting a WR early, but I can live with those decisions. If Bradford comes to Cleveland, however, I'll commission mik for some "fire farmer" t shirts

    I'll shove a ghost chili pepper up my ass if the Browns trade anything more than a 2nd round pick for Sam Bradford

  • @roycerolls said:

    I'm not an advocate of trading up for mariota or drafting a WR early, but I can live with those decisions. If Bradford comes to Cleveland, however, I'll commission mik for some "fire farmer" t shirts

    I'll shove a ghost chili pepper up my ass if the Browns trade anything more than a 2nd round pick for Sam Bradford

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #26

    @walterwhite said:

    I'll shove a ghost chili pepper up my ass if the Browns trade anything more than a 2nd round pick for Sam Bradford

    So? Is that how you and your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever roll? 😮

    That would burn......but I agree with the sentiment.

  • @roycerolls said:

    I'm not an advocate of trading up for mariota or drafting a WR early, but I can live with those decisions. If Bradford comes to Cleveland, however, I'll commission mik for some "fire farmer" t shirts

    I'll shove a ghost chili pepper up my ass if the Browns trade anything more than a 2nd round pick for Sam Bradford

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @walterwhite said:

    I'll shove a ghost chili pepper up my ass if the Browns trade anything more than a 2nd round pick for Sam Bradford

    prank2.jpg