Watch this video of Mariota vs. FSU, dude is not that accurate or good.
-
Seriously, look how many miss throws and INT's should have happened here.
and most of his yards come on screen plays or broken plays. Fuck this guy
-
I'm pretty harsh on Mariota, but I won't go out of my way to say "fuck this guy".
He's a quality kid, that works hard and stays humble. He just plays in a system and has talents not conducive to NFL play.
-
mariota is a project. they were breaking down his strengths and weaknesses in some pre-draft show the other day.
his inaccuracies happen after his first read receivers are covered or in wrong position and he has to go down in his progressions. most of the time he decides to run.
i don't know how you feel about gruden's opinion (i think you wanted him as our coach) but he says mariota's positives (better ball security, more athletic, no off-the-field worries....) outweigh winston's.
i'd rather keep 12 and 19.
-
Nah dude. Andrew Luck 2.0
-
A number of people have expressed the same concern.....inaccuracy.
-
You see 4 or 5 bad passes and he is "not accurate" and "not good"?
If you evaluate a player you should at least watch more than a few bad plays, mariota has proven to be quite accurate.If you watched any number of games that would be clear.
Overall 68.3% (3rd)
Inside the pocket 72.2% (2nd)
15 yards down field 54.4% (2nd)Pistol // shotgun 68.2% (5th)
Blitzed 71.6% (5th)
-
You see 4 or 5 bad passes and he is "not accurate" and "not good"?
If you evaluate a player you should at least watch more than a few bad plays, mariota has proven to be quite accurate.If you watched any number of games that would be clear.
Overall 68.3% (3rd)
Inside the pocket 72.2% (2nd)
15 yards down field 54.4% (2nd)Pistol // shotgun 68.2% (5th)
Blitzed 71.6% (5th)
You see 4 or 5 bad passes and he is "not accurate" and "not good"?
If you evaluate a player you should at least watch more than a few bad plays, mariota has proven to be quite accurate.
If you watched any number of games that would be clear.
Overall 68.3% (3rd)
Inside the pocket 72.2% (2nd)
15 yards down field 54.4% (2nd)
Pistol // shotgun 68.2% (5th)
Blitzed 71.6% (5th)
Completion percentage, my favorite statistic. Worked out really well for Tebow.
-
You see 4 or 5 bad passes and he is "not accurate" and "not good"?
If you evaluate a player you should at least watch more than a few bad plays, mariota has proven to be quite accurate.
If you watched any number of games that would be clear.
Overall 68.3% (3rd)
Inside the pocket 72.2% (2nd)
15 yards down field 54.4% (2nd)
Pistol // shotgun 68.2% (5th)
Blitzed 71.6% (5th)
Completion percentage, my favorite statistic. Worked out really well for Tebow.
-
Should we also grab an apple and an orange so you can tell us if they are good or not?
I mean, apples aren't bad. I favor oranges myself, home-made OJ hits the spot everytime.
edit: Quite clearly your argument to support Mariota based on completion percentage didn't go as planned given the offensive system Oregon (and similar schools) run
yields high percentage QB's season after season. Care to form another idea?
-
Should we also grab an apple and an orange so you can tell us if they are good or not?
I mean, apples aren't bad. I favor oranges myself, home-made OJ hits the spot everytime.
edit: Quite clearly your argument to support Mariota based on completion percentage didn't go as planned given the offensive system Oregon (and similar schools) run
yields high percentage QB's season after season. Care to form another idea?
-
-
Should we also grab an apple and an orange so you can tell us if they are good or not?
I mean, apples aren't bad. I favor oranges myself, home-made OJ hits the spot everytime.
edit: Quite clearly your argument to support Mariota based on completion percentage didn't go as planned given the offensive system Oregon (and similar schools) run
yields high percentage QB's season after season. Care to form another idea?
I mean, apples aren't bad. I favor oranges myself, home-made OJ hits the spot everytime.
edit: Quite clearly your argument to support Mariota based on completion percentage didn't go as planned given the offensive system Oregon (and similar schools) run
yields high percentage QB's season after season. Care to form another idea?
should he have bad percentages so you can compare him to a completely different QB with bad percentages?
I don't really know what you want me to tell you. I'm not basing anything on his statistical percentages, I've watched mariota play enough to know saying he is inaccurate and not good is pretty ignorant.
But anyone comparing tebow to mariota probably shouldn't have any credibility.
-
-
I mean, apples aren't bad. I favor oranges myself, home-made OJ hits the spot everytime.
edit: Quite clearly your argument to support Mariota based on completion percentage didn't go as planned given the offensive system Oregon (and similar schools) run
yields high percentage QB's season after season. Care to form another idea?
should he have bad percentages so you can compare him to a completely different QB with bad percentages?
I don't really know what you want me to tell you. I'm not basing anything on his statistical percentages, I've watched mariota play enough to know saying he is inaccurate and not good is pretty ignorant.
But anyone comparing tebow to mariota probably shouldn't have any credibility.
should he have bad percentages so you can compare him to a completely different QB with bad percentages?
I don't really know what you want me to tell you. I'm not basing anything on his statistical percentages, I've watched mariota play enough to know saying he is inaccurate and not good is pretty ignorant.
But anyone comparing tebow to mariota probably shouldn't have any credibility.
I think if you yourself want to use the phrase apples to oranges, you need to take into context the offensive systems certain QB's play in.
You're not basing ANYTHING on his statistical percentages yet that's all you have quoted to support your argument. I've watch Mariota enough to tell you his accuracy is concerning, especially coming off of his primary read. That video along Walter posted demonstrates it multiple times in a single game.
That said, the Tebow comparison is spot fucking on. Similar systems of play yielding high completion percentages. Perhaps it's you without credibility?
-
should he have bad percentages so you can compare him to a completely different QB with bad percentages?
I don't really know what you want me to tell you. I'm not basing anything on his statistical percentages, I've watched mariota play enough to know saying he is inaccurate and not good is pretty ignorant.
But anyone comparing tebow to mariota probably shouldn't have any credibility.
I think if you yourself want to use the phrase apples to oranges, you need to take into context the offensive systems certain QB's play in.
You're not basing ANYTHING on his statistical percentages yet that's all you have quoted to support your argument. I've watch Mariota enough to tell you his accuracy is concerning, especially coming off of his primary read. That video along Walter posted demonstrates it multiple times in a single game.
That said, the Tebow comparison is spot fucking on. Similar systems of play yielding high completion percentages. Perhaps it's you without credibility?
I think if you yourself want to use the phrase apples to oranges, you need to take into context the offensive systems certain QB's play in.
You're not basing ANYTHING on his statistical percentages yet that's all you have quoted to support your argument. I've watch Mariota enough to tell you his accuracy is concerning, especially coming off of his primary read. That video along Walter posted demonstrates it multiple times in a single game.
That said, the Tebow comparison is spot fucking on. Similar systems of play yielding high completion percentages. Perhaps it's you without credibility?
So tebow is a fair comparison to mariota because they both played in a spread with good stats? That's some spot on analysis where do I buy the insider subscription. Tebow and mariota are nothing alike, please stop. you don't want stats and my opinion is invalid but your opinion is valid? that makes sense. you only watch 4 bad passes and come to some conclusion about what type of throws he can and can't make and you know exactly how well he will transition to the NFL. surprise, you don't know and I don't know how well he will transition. Will he have things to develop and learn, of course. But saying he is inaccurate is laughable, he's displayed he can go through progressions and deliver passes accurately for three years in college and at pro day. He was the most consistent QB in college the last 3 years. Here is an opinion, I think gruden said it best lack of information is an understatement.
“I don’t know anybody in this draft that can do for a football team what Mariota can do,” Gruden said. “He can read the field. That whole thing about Oregon being a no-huddle, dive-option team, that is just a narrative resulting from a lack of information. The Ducks run a lot of pro-style concepts. Mariota does a lot with the protections. I’ve seen him throw the ball with touch and timing in tight windows.” The former Bucs coach points out that Mariota is the same size as Jameis Winston but runs 4.52 forty. He is incredibly elusive, and man, is he a playmaker and a great competitor. I see him functioning in the pocket, out of the pocket, and if you want to run a zone-read, he’ll rip the defense apart. He is like Russell Wilson, only he is 6-4.”
does gruden have zero credibility too?
-
If he falls to 12, which he won't, then take him otherwise stay away.
-
I think if you yourself want to use the phrase apples to oranges, you need to take into context the offensive systems certain QB's play in.
You're not basing ANYTHING on his statistical percentages yet that's all you have quoted to support your argument. I've watch Mariota enough to tell you his accuracy is concerning, especially coming off of his primary read. That video along Walter posted demonstrates it multiple times in a single game.
That said, the Tebow comparison is spot fucking on. Similar systems of play yielding high completion percentages. Perhaps it's you without credibility?
So tebow is a fair comparison to mariota because they both played in a spread with good stats? That's some spot on analysis where do I buy the insider subscription. Tebow and mariota are nothing alike, please stop. you don't want stats and my opinion is invalid but your opinion is valid? that makes sense. you only watch 4 bad passes and come to some conclusion about what type of throws he can and can't make and you know exactly how well he will transition to the NFL. surprise, you don't know and I don't know how well he will transition. Will he have things to develop and learn, of course. But saying he is inaccurate is laughable, he's displayed he can go through progressions and deliver passes accurately for three years in college and at pro day. He was the most consistent QB in college the last 3 years. Here is an opinion, I think gruden said it best lack of information is an understatement.
“I don’t know anybody in this draft that can do for a football team what Mariota can do,” Gruden said. “He can read the field. That whole thing about Oregon being a no-huddle, dive-option team, that is just a narrative resulting from a lack of information. The Ducks run a lot of pro-style concepts. Mariota does a lot with the protections. I’ve seen him throw the ball with touch and timing in tight windows.” The former Bucs coach points out that Mariota is the same size as Jameis Winston but runs 4.52 forty. He is incredibly elusive, and man, is he a playmaker and a great competitor. I see him functioning in the pocket, out of the pocket, and if you want to run a zone-read, he’ll rip the defense apart. He is like Russell Wilson, only he is 6-4.”
does gruden have zero credibility too?
So tebow is a fair comparison to mariota because they both played in a spread with good stats? That's some spot on analysis where do I buy the insider subscription. Tebow and mariota are nothing alike, please stop. you don't want stats and my opinion is invalid but your opinion is valid? that makes sense. you only watch 4 bad passes and come to some conclusion about what type of throws he can and can't make and you know exactly how well he will transition to the NFL. surprise, you don't know and I don't know how well he will transition. Will he have things to develop and learn, of course. But saying he is inaccurate is laughable, he's displayed he can go through progressions and deliver passes accurately for three years in college and at pro day. He was the most consistent QB in college the last 3 years. Here is an opinion, I think gruden said it best lack of information is an understatement.
“I don’t know anybody in this draft that can do for a football team what Mariota can do,” Gruden said. “He can read the field. That whole thing about Oregon being a no-huddle, dive-option team, that is just a narrative resulting from a lack of information. The Ducks run a lot of pro-style concepts. Mariota does a lot with the protections. I’ve seen him throw the ball with touch and timing in tight windows.” The former Bucs coach points out that Mariota is the same size as Jameis Winston but runs 4.52 forty. He is incredibly elusive, and man, is he a playmaker and a great competitor. I see him functioning in the pocket, out of the pocket, and if you want to run a zone-read, he’ll rip the defense apart. He is like Russell Wilson, only he is 6-4.”
does gruden have zero credibility too?
At this point you have to be a fucking troll because YOU started the stats argument in favor of Mariota. I then pointed out Tebow played in a similar system with very similar numbers. Then you come back with weak shit about chuckie's opinion. While the guy is a fine coach, he's not really a great talent evaluator, that's for damn certain.
I don't want one set of near bullshit stats that prove nothing, otherwise every fucking QB in a Mike Leech system is the next Manning using that metric.
As for T-biscuit and Super Mario -How they rate in comparable playing abilities? Well, they are more alike then not. Both struggle to come off of their first reads, anticipate throws or open windows in which they deliver late passes. Both had/have a tendency to have spurts of inaccuracy down the field on top of spraying the ball against zone coverage. Now, their mechanics may be different, Mariota's release is no where near as exaggerated or windmill as Tim's but their foowork goes to hell in a hurry when things break down.
I personally have watched quite a bit of Mariota. It's what I do, I love football, I play football, I watch football. I absorb what I see, process it and come out with a conclusion. So unless you are paid scout, service runner, Oregon coach or a member of an NFL front office, I'll bet the farm I've watched more tape on Marcus than you have.
Fuck me, I fell asleep last night watching the Stanford/Oregon game from the previous year. That is my passion for this game and my thirst to understand its players.
And if the Chuckie quote you're giving is from Gruden's QB camp, please.... tell me where he's said ONE bad thing about any QB yet in contrast giving wild comparison's to players that come on his show. You think players would agree season after season to participate if they feel they may be eviscerated because their talent level (or lack of) and thus affecting draft stock?
Troll better, come up with a better argument or see yourself the fuck out of this conversation.
-
In Gruden/Kiper show Gruden said that Winston does not take care of the ball well enough... too many bad INTs.
I would also add that Mariotta is not Tebow 2.0.
In Gruden/Kiper show Gruden said that Winston does not take care of the ball well enough... too many bad INTs.
I would also add that Mariotta is not Tebow 2.0.
I don't believe Mariota is the next Tebow per say'. However the same knocks on Tebow when coming out (system, delivery, reads) are quite similar to those you hear on Mariota. Their are comparable traits in their games that are concerning. That's my point.
-
Understood...
I'm just saying they won't even be close. MM looks like a franchise QB to me... one of those #10 to 20 QBs you can compete with for years to come. Is that worth 2 #1's or more? Different question... one to which I'd say no, but it's a very close call.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login