Skip to content

What was the last team with two 1,000 yd rushers?

The Browns Board
14 10 780
  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #1

    2 1000 yard rushers in a season?

    I was listening to some talk radio and they were talking about West and Crow and during an interview they said their goals this season were 1000yds and 10 tds each. This got the hosts talking about what was the last team, they mentioned Byner and Mack.

    It's pretty rare...and I'm to lazy to look it up.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Panthers

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I still think the best 2 back team was Jacksonville will MJD and Fred Taylor

  • 2 1000 yard rushers in a season?

    I was listening to some talk radio and they were talking about West and Crow and during an interview they said their goals this season were 1000yds and 10 tds each. This got the hosts talking about what was the last team, they mentioned Byner and Mack.

    It's pretty rare...and I'm to lazy to look it up.

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @kvoethe said:

    2 1000 yard rushers in a season?

    I was listening to some talk radio and they were talking about West and Crow and during an interview they said their goals this season were 1000yds and 10 tds each. This got the hosts talking about what was the last team, they mentioned Byner and Mack.

    It's pretty rare...and I'm to lazy to look it up.

    The Gipper would know.

    Actually this a very good trivia topic, no one ever talks about the best 2 back tandem.

    The first names to come to mind are Mack and Byner. Then there was Harris and Blier back in the 70's.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris in 1972 for the Dolphins...1000 yard trio. That won't happen again.

  • Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris in 1972 for the Dolphins...1000 yard trio. That won't happen again.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Oddest duo had to be Dunn and Vick in ATL...

    @bob806 said:

    Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris in 1972 for the Dolphins...1000 yard trio. That won't happen again.

    Can't happen again, if it never happened before. Kiick never ran for 1000 in a season.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Glenn Davis and Doc Blanchard. LOL!

  • F Furious Styles wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Regardless of yards.......I'll take the tandem of Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen anyday hands down over any other tandem.

  • @kvoethe said:

    2 1000 yard rushers in a season?

    I was listening to some talk radio and they were talking about West and Crow and during an interview they said their goals this season were 1000yds and 10 tds each. This got the hosts talking about what was the last team, they mentioned Byner and Mack.

    It's pretty rare...and I'm to lazy to look it up.

    The Gipper would know.

    Actually this a very good trivia topic, no one ever talks about the best 2 back tandem.

    The first names to come to mind are Mack and Byner. Then there was Harris and Blier back in the 70's.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Stuart said:

    The Gipper would know.

    Actually this a very good trivia topic, no one ever talks about the best 2 back tandem.

    The first names to come to mind are Mack and Byner. Then there was Harris and Blier back in the 70's.

    I might know....but I'm not telling.......oh, all right:

    1972 Dolphins Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris (someone said they had 3....NO....only 2)

    1976 Steelers Franco Harris, Rocky Bleier

    1985 Browns Mack, Byner

    2006 Falcons Warrick Dunn, Michael Vick

    2008 Giants Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward

    2009 Panthers Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams

  • Regardless of yards.......I'll take the tandem of Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen anyday hands down over any other tandem.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @furious-styles said:

    Regardless of yards.......I'll take the tandem of Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen anyday hands down over any other tandem.

    The Browns tried something similar when they traded for Ernie Davis when they also had Jim Brown......but Davis died.

  • Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris in 1972 for the Dolphins...1000 yard trio. That won't happen again.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @bob806 said:

    Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris in 1972 for the Dolphins...1000 yard trio. That won't happen again.

    Klick had 521 yards rushing in 1972

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Mack and Byner were awesome. I will never forget

  • @bob806 said:

    Jim Kiick, Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris in 1972 for the Dolphins...1000 yard trio. That won't happen again.

    Klick had 521 yards rushing in 1972

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @baconhound said:

    Klick had 521 yards rushing in 1972

    oops, dementia

  • rich4eagleR rich4eagle wrote on last edited by
    #14

    KEVIN MACK AND EARNEST BYNER