Who's next?
-
I'd take Maxx.
Unless we need a linebacker worse in which case O'Leary in 3.
WSS
-
Dorial Green-Beckham would be the most fun in terms of generating major discussions and JG flashbacks.

But if we don't take a wr I will be surprised. Then I would target Lockett in round 3 if we choose anyone other than a wr. He meets too many needs as an all-around ST player and wr.
If a quality ILB is there at 2 however, I'd look there first myself. Keep building this defense to be bulletproof inside out.
-
I thought Stephone Anthony would be a great picknext at ILB, but the stupid Saints took him.My guess is, I'd pick Rowe in the second round. He couldbe a defensive game changer at safety.Then the next three picks could be WR, TE, OLBHell, I don't know. All I have is Shelton - themainstay in my mocks. The Browns have planfor wide reciever.2nd round:Eric Rowe, CB/SJaelen Strong, WRDevin Smith, WREli Harold, OLBHau'Oli Kikaha, OLB3rd roundChris Conley, WRTre McBride, WRWes Saxton, TEClive Walford, TEoh...and.....Bryce Petty?
-
Not especially... but I do not know Bowie and the OTs I listed would IMO be good BPA value at those picks. Need is reduced by Cam, thus my putting them at the end of the lines.
I think Fisher has great potential at LT down the road. If he's the only option left at 2.11, and I could not trade down... but actually I might just go ahead and pick Petty there.
I actually project my 3.13 fallback, Sambrailo, as an OG. Reminds me a great deal of Bito. But I cannot pass up Marpet at that pick, if he is there.
As for Erving... I do not like him in space... period. And I do not see that changing. I don't hate his pick, but I am not fond of it... not with Ray on the board...
Not especially... but I do not know Bowie and the OTs I listed would IMO be good BPA value at those picks. Need is reduced by Cam, thus my putting them at the end of the lines.
I think Fisher has great potential at LT down the road. If he's the only option left at 2.11, and I could not trade down... but actually I might just go ahead and pick Petty there.
I actually project my 3.13 fallback, Sambrailo, as an OG. Reminds me a great deal of Bito. But I cannot pass up Marpet at that pick, if he is there.
As for Erving... I do not like him in space... period. And I do not see that changing. I don't hate his pick, but I am not fond of it... not with Ray on the board...
Good points.
ESPN had some highlights of Erving getting to the 2nd tier quickly which will be good for the zbs. I like the flexibility he offers considering he started out on the dline at FSU. Then he switched to Offensive Tackle before kicking in to play Center. Like Bowie (who started at 3 different positions in just 8 or 9 starts for a Superbowl Champion), this type of flexibility is invaluable. Coming off 4-12, it wasn't easy for the FO to have us fully prepared to handle injuries on both sides of the ball in their 1st year. A pick like Erving coupled with Bowie already added to the roster - gives us 2 far better solutions to injury on the oline than we had in 2015.
-
Just thought of another prospect for 3.19.... A. Abdulla (RB). He'd bring a RB style we do not have on our roster. And he returned kicks at Nebraska.
-
Today's agenda:
#43 - Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
#77 - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
#91-#96 - (via trade) - Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State
Is that wishful thinking?
-
I wonder if we'll see a run on WRs at the start of this round. Jalen Strong, if still around, would be a nice pick
-
Anyone wanting Eli Harold needs to understand you'd be taking a player that has a slim chance of contributing his rookie year and had a player across from him at Virginia that has the potential to be just as good - but taken in later rounds.
-
What are the team needs of the teams ahead of us supposed to draft. I hope Maxx Williams is there, we desperately need a starting TE that can run and pass block as well as be a receiving threat.
Maxx Williams (Losing Cameron makes this a position of need...however there are other TE to be had later on, but MW is the best of em)
Dorial Green Beckham (Everyone is scared of his off the field issues but I just don't see it)
Landon Collins (Whitner won't last forever and Collins is often compared to Whitner, could learn from him for a few years and be a stud)
Jaelen Strong (4.44 forty time, has good speed and a 42 inch verticle)
Jake Fisher (More Oline in case Mack leaves next season and Cam goes to C then Fisher goes to RG?)
Ali Marpet (nearly identical combine numbers compared to Cameron Erving)
Denzel Parryman (Huh, I would have thought that the Steelers would have reached for this guy, he hits like a heavyweight)
-
Today's agenda:
#43 - Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
#77 - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
#91-#96 - (via trade) - Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State
Is that wishful thinking?
Today's agenda:
#43 - Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
#77 - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
#91-#96 - (via trade) - Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State
Is that wishful thinking?
Not all - they're definitely in play.
Some other guys that could be on our doorstep in our next 2-3 picks or via trade include:
Nate Orchard (I see why Tia likes this guy - 18.5 sacks + 21 tackles for a loss in 2014 says all it has to about sic em and sack em)
Bryce Petty - my favorite QB in this draft with a ratio of 61 TDs to 10 INTs in the last 2 years plus leading his team to victory over the TCU (Thank God!). We can probably snag him or consider trading up to make it happen.
Jaelen Strong, Devin Smith, Phillip Dorsett might be tempting.
-
Forsett is gone, Flugs. Indy took him.
For me the priority is WR, OLB, QB. However Farmer wants to address those and in what order, I leave to him. Then TE, ILB, S and maybe another D/O lineman for good measure.
Best news is that there is a ton of talent still left on the board.
-
well....with all those late picks, still hoping to see us consolidate and get another in the 2nd or 3rd......lots of great talent left....
Some names I wouldnt hate to hear tonight would be Orchard, Collins, Rowe, Perryman, Kendricks, Smith, Petty or Odighizuwa(sp)
-
Forsett is gone, Flugs. Indy took him.
For me the priority is WR, OLB, QB. However Farmer wants to address those and in what order, I leave to him. Then TE, ILB, S and maybe another D/O lineman for good measure.
Best news is that there is a ton of talent still left on the board.
Forsett is gone, Flugs. Indy took him.
For me the priority is WR, OLB, QB. However Farmer wants to address those and in what order, I leave to him. Then TE, ILB, S and maybe another D/O lineman for good measure.
Best news is that there is a ton of talent still left on the board.
Thanks!
I went to bed before the Rats picked. Hate that team so much - I didn't want to see what they picked or hear about how smart their front office is again. All that predraft time I wasted/invested on Perriman ends up with me hoping he fails. How's that for irony? Truth be told, I liked WAY more guys than him though...Still do!
Landing Shelton at #12 and adding Erving to our offensive line gives us 8 more chances to add playmakers, pass rushers and a QB like Petty (or whomever our front office prefers without trading away too much value to get him, if any)...
We can even draft the best place kicker in this class somewhere on day 3.
-
Forsett is gone, Flugs. Indy took him.
For me the priority is WR, OLB, QB. However Farmer wants to address those and in what order, I leave to him. Then TE, ILB, S and maybe another D/O lineman for good measure.
Best news is that there is a ton of talent still left on the board.
Thanks!
I went to bed before the Rats picked. Hate that team so much - I didn't want to see what they picked or hear about how smart their front office is again. All that predraft time I wasted/invested on Perriman ends up with me hoping he fails. How's that for irony? Truth be told, I liked WAY more guys than him though...Still do!
Landing Shelton at #12 and adding Erving to our offensive line gives us 8 more chances to add playmakers, pass rushers and a QB like Petty (or whomever our front office prefers without trading away too much value to get him, if any)...
We can even draft the best place kicker in this class somewhere on day 3.
All that predraft time I wasted/invested on Perriman ends up with me hoping he fails. How's that for irony?
Ha!.....kind of how I feel about Dupree.......really wanted an edge rusher early and he was definitely one of my "likes" at #19, but now that he's at Pittspuke.....I hope he sucks rocks
-
QB- I feel we are set to test Manziel in the flames. Feed him to the wolves, sink or swim time.
RB- The Crow, West and Winston are fine Running backs.
FB- Huge need for a legitimate FB, but there are several viable options to be had on the final day of the Draft.
OL- Unless another standout OG falls to us, Marpet or Fisher maybe... I would say let's focus on our weaknesses and improve elsewhere. We're set.
TE- We have Dray, Barnidge and Housler... Maxx Williams would be a very nice potential first round addition if he's still available when we pick, however there are several other nice TEs available later.
WR- Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, Benjamin.. Gordon... as much as some of you hate it we NEED DGB here. He Give us that huge Mike Evans like target for Manziel to lob his patented jumpballs up to. This IS a risk but it IS what we need.
DL- Set with Shelton, Taylor, Kitchen, Starks, Winn, Bryant, Hughes and a few others.
LB- We're okay right now, we have Kruger, Mingo, Dansby, Robertson, Kirksey, Bryant and Solomon. Adding Perryman would be AWESOME though.
CB- We are good on Corners. Haden and Gipson will be amazing this year. Both Williams' and Desir, an outstanding group in the secondary. set.
FS/SS- We have Whitner and Gipson. Both whom I like very much but Gipson coming off an injury and Whitner's no spring chicken, maybe time to start thinking about the future... Collins here?
K- Do we have one? We could use one if there is another Phil Dawson, but this I don't know. Maybe a cold weather kicker somewhere? I don't ever want to have to consider going out and signing a 'kickolicious' ever again... ugh----
FB - TE - WR - LB - S - K
I would push K and FB to the back of the draft, 6/7th rounds. So currently looking to improve WR - TE - LB - S
Safety would be a luxury pick since we have basically Probowlers right now at both positions. Only injuries could screw this position up.
Let's focus on WR - TE - LB in the second and third rounds tonight.
WR - Dorial Green-Beckham
TE - Maxx Williams
LB - Denzel Parryman
Trade the rest of the draft and land these guys and they will build a Farmer statue outside First Energy Stadium!

-
Not especially... but I do not know Bowie and the OTs I listed would IMO be good BPA value at those picks. Need is reduced by Cam, thus my putting them at the end of the lines.
I think Fisher has great potential at LT down the road. If he's the only option left at 2.11, and I could not trade down... but actually I might just go ahead and pick Petty there.
I actually project my 3.13 fallback, Sambrailo, as an OG. Reminds me a great deal of Bito. But I cannot pass up Marpet at that pick, if he is there.
As for Erving... I do not like him in space... period. And I do not see that changing. I don't hate his pick, but I am not fond of it... not with Ray on the board...
Good points.
ESPN had some highlights of Erving getting to the 2nd tier quickly which will be good for the zbs. I like the flexibility he offers considering he started out on the dline at FSU. Then he switched to Offensive Tackle before kicking in to play Center. Like Bowie (who started at 3 different positions in just 8 or 9 starts for a Superbowl Champion), this type of flexibility is invaluable. Coming off 4-12, it wasn't easy for the FO to have us fully prepared to handle injuries on both sides of the ball in their 1st year. A pick like Erving coupled with Bowie already added to the roster - gives us 2 far better solutions to injury on the oline than we had in 2015.
Bold is not cutting it, Ghoulie... maybe a bigger font? Italics?

Good points.
ESPN had some highlights of Erving getting to the 2nd tier quickly which will be good for the zbs. I like the flexibility he offers considering he started out on the dline at FSU. Then he switched to Offensive Tackle before kicking in to play Center. Like Bowie (who started at 3 different positions in just 8 or 9 starts for a Superbowl Champion), this type of flexibility is invaluable. Coming off 4-12, it wasn't easy for the FO to have us fully prepared to handle injuries on both sides of the ball in their 1st year. A pick like Erving coupled with Bowie already added to the roster - gives us 2 far better solutions to injury on the oline than we had in 2015.
Where he started at FSU is immaterial. Coaches simply recognized better skill set for the O-line.
No doubt that Cam has improved our O-line depth... whether or not he starts... but that's a competition vs. McDonald and Seymore, not Greco and Schwartz. That's a competition that any first round O-line choice had better be able to win.
The whole "complete line versatility" in one player thing is really getting overblown. First, it's not that rare. Second, it's not that valuable. Good lines with good talent and good depth may shift two other starters to replace one injured starter, and barely skip a beat.
My whole point is I thought I saw more economical ways to get to O-line depth... and I pass rusher...
At most I should only need to vent for another week or so, so bear with me. Then again, maybe I'm better by the end of Day 2...
Do you think he gets past the 2nd round?
Dunno, Ag... but have a feeling that Ameer might... not due to his falling, but others rising.
Both Coleman and Langford seemed to generate a late surge up the boards and are more likely to be full-load backs than Ameer. Add that only two RBs came off in Rnd 1, when some projected more would, and that helps as well.
I just like Ameer's Sproles-like, complementary style for our roster.
-
On Dorial G-B-the NFL Network report from Titans camp is that he is the pick they want to help out their new QB. So their thinking may be right along with yours PG. Big, fast target for the mobile QB.
They pick first tonight.
-
VesnaKociper said:
Fucking moronic team. The only franchise in the history of the NFL that tries to win football games without skill players.
Fucking idiots waste yet another draft.
Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson.
Do you want to rethink the use of the word "try"?
-
well....with all those late picks, still hoping to see us consolidate and get another in the 2nd or 3rd......lots of great talent left....
Some names I wouldnt hate to hear tonight would be Orchard, Collins, Rowe, Perryman, Kendricks, Smith, Petty or Odighizuwa(sp)
-
I want Bryce Petty, Eric Kendricks, Akeem Abdullah, Dorial Green-Beckham, Eli Harold. In that order.
What I'd love -
2.11 - Kendricks
3.12 - Petty
4.whatever - Abdullah
4.whatever - DGB
A more likely scenario -
2.11 - Kendricks
Trade 3.12 and first fourth to move into mid-late second to grab Petty.
Remaining 4th - whoever
The most likely scenario -
2.11 - Someone I don't want
3.12 - Who knows
4. whatever - Whatever
4. whatever - my boss is looking at me.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login