Who's next?
-
Not especially... but I do not know Bowie and the OTs I listed would IMO be good BPA value at those picks. Need is reduced by Cam, thus my putting them at the end of the lines.
I think Fisher has great potential at LT down the road. If he's the only option left at 2.11, and I could not trade down... but actually I might just go ahead and pick Petty there.
I actually project my 3.13 fallback, Sambrailo, as an OG. Reminds me a great deal of Bito. But I cannot pass up Marpet at that pick, if he is there.
As for Erving... I do not like him in space... period. And I do not see that changing. I don't hate his pick, but I am not fond of it... not with Ray on the board...
Good points.
ESPN had some highlights of Erving getting to the 2nd tier quickly which will be good for the zbs. I like the flexibility he offers considering he started out on the dline at FSU. Then he switched to Offensive Tackle before kicking in to play Center. Like Bowie (who started at 3 different positions in just 8 or 9 starts for a Superbowl Champion), this type of flexibility is invaluable. Coming off 4-12, it wasn't easy for the FO to have us fully prepared to handle injuries on both sides of the ball in their 1st year. A pick like Erving coupled with Bowie already added to the roster - gives us 2 far better solutions to injury on the oline than we had in 2015.
Bold is not cutting it, Ghoulie... maybe a bigger font? Italics?

Good points.
ESPN had some highlights of Erving getting to the 2nd tier quickly which will be good for the zbs. I like the flexibility he offers considering he started out on the dline at FSU. Then he switched to Offensive Tackle before kicking in to play Center. Like Bowie (who started at 3 different positions in just 8 or 9 starts for a Superbowl Champion), this type of flexibility is invaluable. Coming off 4-12, it wasn't easy for the FO to have us fully prepared to handle injuries on both sides of the ball in their 1st year. A pick like Erving coupled with Bowie already added to the roster - gives us 2 far better solutions to injury on the oline than we had in 2015.
Where he started at FSU is immaterial. Coaches simply recognized better skill set for the O-line.
No doubt that Cam has improved our O-line depth... whether or not he starts... but that's a competition vs. McDonald and Seymore, not Greco and Schwartz. That's a competition that any first round O-line choice had better be able to win.
The whole "complete line versatility" in one player thing is really getting overblown. First, it's not that rare. Second, it's not that valuable. Good lines with good talent and good depth may shift two other starters to replace one injured starter, and barely skip a beat.
My whole point is I thought I saw more economical ways to get to O-line depth... and I pass rusher...
At most I should only need to vent for another week or so, so bear with me. Then again, maybe I'm better by the end of Day 2...
Do you think he gets past the 2nd round?
Dunno, Ag... but have a feeling that Ameer might... not due to his falling, but others rising.
Both Coleman and Langford seemed to generate a late surge up the boards and are more likely to be full-load backs than Ameer. Add that only two RBs came off in Rnd 1, when some projected more would, and that helps as well.
I just like Ameer's Sproles-like, complementary style for our roster.
-
On Dorial G-B-the NFL Network report from Titans camp is that he is the pick they want to help out their new QB. So their thinking may be right along with yours PG. Big, fast target for the mobile QB.
They pick first tonight.
-
VesnaKociper said:
Fucking moronic team. The only franchise in the history of the NFL that tries to win football games without skill players.
Fucking idiots waste yet another draft.
Johnny Manziel, Brandon Weeden, Trent Richardson.
Do you want to rethink the use of the word "try"?
-
well....with all those late picks, still hoping to see us consolidate and get another in the 2nd or 3rd......lots of great talent left....
Some names I wouldnt hate to hear tonight would be Orchard, Collins, Rowe, Perryman, Kendricks, Smith, Petty or Odighizuwa(sp)
-
I want Bryce Petty, Eric Kendricks, Akeem Abdullah, Dorial Green-Beckham, Eli Harold. In that order.
What I'd love -
2.11 - Kendricks
3.12 - Petty
4.whatever - Abdullah
4.whatever - DGB
A more likely scenario -
2.11 - Kendricks
Trade 3.12 and first fourth to move into mid-late second to grab Petty.
Remaining 4th - whoever
The most likely scenario -
2.11 - Someone I don't want
3.12 - Who knows
4. whatever - Whatever
4. whatever - my boss is looking at me.
-
wr - strong
wr/te - funchess
LB - orchard
QB - petty or hundley or wait til 3rd and get grayson?
someone mentioned it in another post but i wouldn't mind seeing the browns package some later round picks to move up and get another 2nd rounder. don't know what it'd take though.
-
Dorial Green Beckham has tons of potential but would we want another JG? They'll take the safer pick with Strong or Devin Smith. Hope they get a tight end too. Does anyone think we need a fullback?
Dorial Green Beckham has tons of potential but would we want another JG? They'll take the safer pick with Strong or Devin Smith. Hope they get a tight end too. Does anyone think we need a fullback?
I'm still erring toward the side of "JG has gotten his shit together more or less". We all know this last suspension was 1) a stupid rule and 2) equally as much the fault of our coaching staff as it was Haden and some teammates. I think it was a shitty situation and that JG should have been absolutely positive that he could drink alcohol, but I also don't attribute this whatsoever to him being an abuser of substances.
That's like you going out drinking with your boss and getting fired the next day by your boss's boss for fraternizing with management. It's stupid.
With that said, I'd actually be intrigued to see the dynamic between JG and DGB if we were to draft him.
Best case scenario:
JG has gotten his shit together and can actually be a role model (gasp) and example for DGB of how to become a professional athlete. Manziel becomes an added resource for DGB to rely on.
Worst case scenario:
JG hasn't gotten his shit together, DGB proves to be an awful teammate, and they both smoke themselves completely out of the league. Manziel follows, chugging a 40 and fucking a swan.
I'm really big on the "drop of ink in a cup of water" metaphor. One or two drops at a time and the cup of water doesn't change color. However, dump a bunch of shit in at once and you poison the pool. Manziel and Gordon were the "one or two drops". Jury is still out on whether or not they follow in line with the "Play Like A Brown" mantra, but I have some faith. If they end up becoming veritable contributors to the success of the team, Cleveland may very well be the shining example of "where shithead idiots turn their careers around"
-
-
On Dorial G-B-the NFL Network report from Titans camp is that he is the pick they want to help out their new QB. So their thinking may be right along with yours PG. Big, fast target for the mobile QB.
They pick first tonight.
On Dorial G-B-the NFL Network report from Titans camp is that he is the pick they want to help out their new QB. So their thinking may be right along with yours PG. Big, fast target for the mobile QB.
They pick first tonight.
They have decent receivers already though. I think Justin Hunter has lots of potential.
-
Jalston Fowler
Mud's guy went to HAHvard...
-
PFF loved Fowler when they got the chance to grade his games (think they only did one per week for college). Bama kids>>>Harvard of the talent is comparable. No brainer.
-
I might be kind of in on Gregory.
I have a soft spot in my heart for crazy drug addicts.
-
We need to draft Green to be our go-to guy tonight... if we don't we will regret it. People need to quit assuming the worst in people and believing that they are all knowing about a persons character. You don't judge someone on if they can be knocked down, you judge them on whether or not they pick themselves up and keep going.
-
We need to draft Green to be our go-to guy tonight... if we don't we will regret it. People need to quit assuming the worst in people and believing that they are all knowing about a persons character. You don't judge someone on if they can be knocked down, you judge them on whether or not they pick themselves up and keep going.
We need to draft Green to be our go-to guy tonight... if we don't we will regret it. People need to quit assuming the worst in people and believing that they are all knowing about a persons character. You don't judge someone on if they can be knocked down, you judge them on whether or not they pick themselves up and keep going.
So many cliche's in one post, its just mind blowing.
-
Jalston Fowler
Mud's guy went to HAHvard...
-
We need to draft Green to be our go-to guy tonight... if we don't we will regret it. People need to quit assuming the worst in people and believing that they are all knowing about a persons character. You don't judge someone on if they can be knocked down, you judge them on whether or not they pick themselves up and keep going.
We need to draft Green to be our go-to guy tonight... if we don't we will regret it. People need to quit assuming the worst in people and believing that they are all knowing about a persons character. You don't judge someone on if they can be knocked down, you judge them on whether or not they pick themselves up and keep going.
So when are you letting junkies in recovery house sit for you?
-
No DGB
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login